Fixture Fixture 2022

Off topic somewhat re footy...but what is the Corner like these days? It used to be a great spot for music, same with the old Punters club, and Espy. I know the Espy has had a sex change and the Punters is long dead...but it would be nice if ONE of the old dinosaurs still stand.

Like a cleaned up version of the same place. Still do good bands though. A mix of nostalgic for guys our age and modern stuff which is good. Espy is a bit of a gentrified but classy establishment now with a toe in the water. St Kilda generally is dead, everything is Northside that you'd want go to. Northcote Social Club has vibes of those places. Fitzroy and Collingwood have heaps of good pubs with music.

WTF has happened down there...explain yourselves?

You don't have poncy art student types with ambiguous pronouns and silly clothes?

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
No...Ireland got the whole hipster debacle, which penetrated into the beard and 'tache wax industry, but it seems to have subsided and gone the same way as over-priced food vans. Ireland is WAY more conservative and less inclined artistically compared to the cities like Melbourne though. There's no real subcultures or alternative anything. That's why so many Paddy's go f*cking ballistic in Australia...because there's an outlet for it.

WTF has happened down there...explain yourselves?
gringo2011 walks his poodle on his mothers group morning catchups and it's been a contributing factor to the degradation of our society, so blame him.

No...Ireland got the whole hipster debacle, which penetrated into the beard and 'tache wax industry, but it seems to have subsided and gone the same way as over-priced food vans. Ireland is WAY more conservative and less inclined artistically compared to the cities like Melbourne though. There's no real subcultures or alternative anything. That's why so many Paddy's go f*cking ballistic in Australia...because there's an outlet for it.

It's morphed here, the beardy lumberjack or peaky blinder look is a bit passé now, I had a customer yesterday that would have been a bout mid 20s wearing an oversized mauve and pink pastel leisure suit like those tracksuits that old Florida ladies got around in in the 90s. He had Akka bleached white rooty hair and a black goatee and Burberry trainers. He looked kind of like an effeminate clown with a stick on beard. He made me feel old because I couldn't work out WTF he was going for. There seems to be a few different subcultures taking up that arty knob space now.

gringo2011 walks his poodle on his mothers group morning catchups and it's been a contributing factor to the degradation of our society, so blame him.

Hey, I used to drop the kids at school and hang out with the mums back when the kids were in primary school. It's a good gig, don't knock it. I went camping with the boys last weekend and I reckon I got on better with the ladies. I like hanging out with mates but get 6 guys together and a few beers and we devolve into some kind of simian hybrid that wants to crush cans on our foreheads to show that our testosterone levels are still high. I much prefer being the stud stallion while discussing book club with the girls.

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,
Hey, I used to drop the kids at school and hang out with the mums back when the kids were in primary school. It's a good gig, don't knock it. I went camping with the boys last weekend and I reckon I got on better with the ladies. I like hanging out with mates but get 6 guys together and a few beers and we devolve into some kind of simian hybrid that wants to crush cans on our foreheads to show that our testosterone levels are still high. I much prefer being the stud stallion while discussing book club with the girls.

Here here. It's good to hang out with a group of people that would never say "you won't drink that half empty beer that that I've been ashing out my cigarettes in"

Here here. It's good to hang out with a group of people that would never say "you won't drink that half empty beer that that I've been ashing out my cigarettes in"
You've never been to Moe then

Aug 9, 2006
Level 2 Bar, Coventry End
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Packers, Detroit Tigers

I just read this to my wife. We're both in stitches. It's so true.

I will look like a fish out of water for sure , but some young trendy poet looking for the next wave might spot me sucking down a can of xxxx gold at the bar and decide that’s the new look and model himself on me. The “Saintos” is born.

Should I grow a long heavily cultivated beard and slick my hair back before I visit???

923142e3b9343a0dbf8e71962cdb7fcc.jpg

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If a naive young lad from the bush like myself was to pop down for round 3 or 4 next year where would be the best part of town for me to stay?
I like old pubs and a bit of live pub music bit of shopping and only want to walk around.
Any suggestions?

Find a place near Swan St Richmond. Plenty of great pubs & live music & an easy train ride to Marvel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So according to our next difficult fixture we finished 5th this season. But I can't recall us making the finals this year, maybe a vaccine side-effect? What a joke, every damn year.

Does anyone have the proposed fixture difficulty from last year, just to see how it compares to how it actually turned out?

If we didn't want to beat a team that finished above us ( making finals futile anyway ), we should have beaten the Crows or Carlton.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's morphed here, the beardy lumberjack or peaky blinder look is a bit passé now, I had a customer yesterday that would have been a bout mid 20s wearing an oversized mauve and pink pastel leisure suit like those tracksuits that old Florida ladies got around in in the 90s. He had Akka bleached white rooty hair and a black goatee and Burberry trainers. He looked kind of like an effeminate clown with a stick on beard. He made me feel old because I couldn't work out WTF he was going for. There seems to be a few different subcultures taking up that arty knob space now.

😆 What new hybrid hell is this!? There are no words. I am without speech. I was once one of the Arty dudes...now I'm this guy.

Greg1853

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Two. Gold Coast Suns and Freo way-to-go.

Then two more in the final two rounds. Against teams we beat this year.

I stand corrected. I still believe our season will be decided by R21, and well before that, but hope I am wrong. My point still stands regarding the lack of equity in home ground advantage against interstate clubs vs interstate games, and it puts us behind the 8 ball every year.

PlayerNumber9

Number 9
Mar 6, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I stand corrected. I still believe our season will be decided by R21, and well before that, but hope I am wrong. My point still stands regarding the lack of equity in home ground advantage against interstate clubs vs interstate games, and it puts us behind the 8 ball every year.
My observation is that home ground advantage derives from the crowd, not a slightly wider wing or an extra hour or twos travel. Interstate games are challenges because the crowd is overwhelmingly for the home team, not the visiting team, and thus the crowd is felt to be supporting the home team.

Everyone cops this against Geelong, Adelaide, Port and the Eagles, as those teams largely sell out their stadia each week. Our problem is that we cop it against most teams because we draw such a poor crowd. Even playing the Eagles at Marvel, they can draw enough of a crowd the our supporters barely drown their noise out. Richmond and Collingwood at the MCG achieve the same effect, as does Essendon at Marvel (when it's their home game).

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think we'll ever get any equity in home ground advantage until we're packing out Marvel for every one of our home games.

Isnt the Corner that little joint with the upstairs bit just down the road from the G?
Under the rail bridge?
Was there for the 09 and 10 pre game meet ups

Back in the day it was the classiest pub close to the G, you could tell because the barmaids had their breast obscured.

Back