Environment Follow Your Nose

Remove this Banner Ad

How good are you at finding places without the use of GPS or maps?

******* hopeless! I once got lost in a girlfriend's house. We were in her bedroom and I nipped out to the lavvy. On the way back I took a wrong turn and I walk in on her parents in the lounge room. I'm like "hi".

Give me a map though and I'm a legend.

******* hopeless! I once got lost in a girlfriend's house. We were in her bedroom and I nipped out to the lavvy. On the way back I took a wrong turn and I walk in on her parents in the lounge room. I'm like "hi".

Give me a map though and I'm a legend.
Do you need a map with a legend and scale to your gf's house? :p

I know my way around the city and suburbs I'm familiar with, but if someone gave me an address in the Northern suburbs I wouldn't have a clue how to get there without looking at a map.

If it's just something like Freeway exit at Hutton St then take the third left then I'll wing it but if it's something suburban down 17 side streets then * it let the GPS do its thing.

I'm a natural although have been hiking since I was young and often travel without a map so I feel trained.

Except for Stonetown in Zanzibar which is a nightmare labyrinth that no sane person can navigate without spending significant time there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. I once navigated a roadtrip around Italy using only a souvenir tea-towel. I don't feel comfortable if I don't know where I am so even as a passenger I'm making notes in my head for future reference.

I'm on holidays ATM so the GPS has been super handy finding motels etc.
I took the car last night to up the road to the supermarket to get milk etc,I was gone waay long the gf thought I got lost lol.
I didn't know how to get over the other side of the hiway,Oh there's a bridge I'm going over that yup worked a treat.

When travelling I usually use Google maps at the hostel to get a general idea of a landmark or sight then find a way to get within the general vicinity. Once I'm there I just wander and try to sniff out where I need to go. I do ok I guess.

Melbourne is an incredibly sensibly-planned city, finding your way around is very logical. I always have a chuckle at how much Victorians struggle navigating in Sydney, which is a complete mess. None of the roads go where you'd expect them to go.

Melbourne is an incredibly sensibly-planned city, finding your way around is very logical. I always have a chuckle at how much Victorians struggle navigating in Sydney, which is a complete mess. None of the roads go where you'd expect them to go.

melbourne is not that well planned at all, confusion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back