Food for thought (or more accurately, food thoughts and inspirations)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we ever needed confirmation that Bakers Delight is for boomers, the latest release of sticky date hot cross buns is it.
I anticipate sour cream and sweet chilli sauce scrolls will join the line up shortly, and quickly match anything made with sun dried tomatoes.
These savoury hot cross buns have to be stopped. There is no such thing, even if they exist.

Brumbys v Bakers Delight. Brumbys due to their hot food offerings. BD is always full of sour-faced staff as well.
Bloke we used to know in Frankston had a factory where he would make up flour mixes for all sorts of breads, buns and cakes. He supplied both Brumbys and Bakers Delight.

His ex-wife used to be friends with my wife and we'd BUY bread mix from them. It was pretty good though. It's been a while since we have made bread now that I think about it.

BD are a bit like Gloria Jean's in their RW political affiliation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with that, unless it's the extremist version.
I agree. But I think that Advance are on the *wit side of reasonable.

I've worked with blokes who've represented both major parties as candidates, one who stood for family first and one who even worked for Clive Palmer. All were OK and reasonable enough people. The guy who worked for Palmer has also previously worked for the Libs and subsequently Labour.

But Advance Australia and One Nation are on the wrong side of the line for me I'm afraid.

The Caloundra Hotel, hedging their bets nicely :-D​

HAVE A PARMA FOR A FARMER​

We’re raising funds to support Aussie farmers. For every chicken parmigiana sold from now until 29 Feb, we’re donating $1 to Rural Aid Australia. All we ask of you is that you come in and enjoy a crispy, cheesy chicken parmi (or parma, depending on where you’re from).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back