Food for thought (or more accurately, food thoughts and inspirations)

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the local pub, the willow grove irish, they had been struggling a bit and recently sublet the kitchen out to an indian couple. Gotta say its the best thing they did, just had 2 great curries washed down with a few lovely pints of Guinnes.

And the live entertainment acoustic set from fiona currum was the icing on the cake ( metaphorically speaking of course because no one has cake with guiness!)
The GROVE!? gee that brings back a few memories.. kicked 8 off half back vs the Hillmen on their paddock in the mid 2000’s. Best haul of snags I ever had off half back.

That pub wasn’t a thing when I knocked around thar area. How long has that pub been open?

Last edited:

Who invented Negroni? I ******* love these things. What a champion!
Count Camillo Negroni
1919, The Beginning: The story of the Negroni begins at the Caffè Casoni in Florence. There's no documented historical account, but it is believed by cocktailians that Count Camillo Negroni invented the drink when he ordered an Americano made with gin in place of the usual soda water..

Count Camillo Negroni
1919, The Beginning: The story of the Negroni begins at the Caffè Casoni in Florence. There's no documented historical account, but it is believed by cocktailians that Count Camillo Negroni invented the drink when he ordered an Americano made with gin in place of the usual soda water..
Natopedia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The GROVE!? gee that brings back a few memories.. kicked 8 off half back vs the Hillmen on their paddock in the mid 2000’s. Best haul of snags I ever had off half back.

That pub wasn’t a thing when I knocked around thar area. How long has that pub been open?
its sort of on its 3rd incarnation, it popped up as the "duck inn" about 7 years ago, then changed ownership and became the willow grove pub, just before covid an irish family bought it and changed it to an irish theme pub, was a bumpy ride for them through covid and since where they churned a few chefs through the kitchen as was very hit and miss, they have recently contracted out the kitchen to an indian couple and it seems to be working pretty well, the irish are concentrating on front of house and the indians are running a pretty good kitchen with traditional offerings such as pizza, steak and parmas, and indian specials. the only knock i have on them now is the choice of beers is pretty sparse however they do a good guineas on tap as a saving grace.

no doubt your bag of goals was spurred on by the lovely view over the blue rock dam from the ground.

its sort of on its 3rd incarnation, it popped up as the "duck inn" about 7 years ago, then changed ownership and became the willow grove pub, just before covid an irish family bought it and changed it to an irish theme pub, was a bumpy ride for them through covid and since where they churned a few chefs through the kitchen as was very hit and miss, they have recently contracted out the kitchen to an indian couple and it seems to be working pretty well, the irish are concentrating on front of house and the indians are running a pretty good kitchen with traditional offerings such as pizza, steak and parmas, and indian specials. the only knock i have on them now is the choice of beers is pretty sparse however they do a good guineas on tap as a saving grace.

no doubt your bag of goals was spurred on by the lovely view over the blue rock dam from the ground.
It wasn’t the goals on that paddock that had my love for that town, it was for the country solidarity with a few blokes I grew up with in that area. Just a good solid country town and I still rate the joint.

I did hear the town had a decent population boom.

When it come to pub grub and local eats it was always Mirboo, Leongatha and Traf and Ralgs if we were keen for a big one. Im stoked Willow Grove has a pub. That’s awesome for the locals.

I think you'll find that excuse won't fly with SonofSamsquanch
Spot on Nate. As you bloody well know, I am more than happy to assume the role of the long lost cousin who is staying in the spare room whilst visiting from interstate (or in this case, North Korea).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back