Coach Football department changes going forward

Remove this Banner Ad

With how devoid we are of leadership both on and off field, I'd take him as a player and/or coach. As others have called out, we need to invest more time in developing this and he would be a great inclusion for our club.

I highly doubt Selwood would go straight from retirement to a coaching role at another club.

He also lives in Barwon Heads, his mrs will be giving birth early next year. He’ll take at least a couple of years off before his next career move.

I highly doubt Selwood would go straight from retirement to a coaching role at another club.

He also lives in Barwon Heads, his mrs will be giving birth early next year. He’ll take at least a couple of years off before his next career move.

And we are in desperate need of highly experienced coaches. More newbies is not going to help us replace King, Hansen and Gia.

No doubt Selwood will get there but not right now.

Wouldn't be shocked if he does Channel 7 GMHBA games

If he’s going to join any club commuting from Barwon Heads we’d be a good shout, particularly if it’s a part-time development role 2-3 days a week.

If he’s going to join any club commuting from Barwon Heads we’d be a good shout, particularly if it’s a part-time development role 2-3 days a week.
I was thinking the same thing. Barwon Heads to Footscray is quite doable. Crossing the West Gate becomes a nightmare after travelling so far.

Good chance we will miss out on Lade. Norf and Brisbane will be looking for coaches soon
Always so pessimistic Dergert 😂

I’d say Lades safe, he was never in the running/put his hand up for the Norf job I don’t think & they’d just go for their 2nd choice, whilst I’d guess Brissy would go for someone already apart of their relatively successful system rather than changing it up

It’s a good point though that there will probably be a couple more openings and it’s something we have to keep in mind while hiring more senior assistants - if we (hopefully) are looking to do that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t we believe in giving people a second chance? He’s made a horrible error of judgement (or a whole set of them around one issue) at another organisation

If he can support success at our club and if he aligns to the values of the club I don’t mind.

I think people can be too high and mighty about these issues.
I hate Essendon and everything to do with that club. No logic or rationality involved in it I just hate them and so I never want Hird or anyone else from that steaming pit involved with our club.

I think him or a Caracella type would only come if given a guarantee they were taking over from Bevo end of 2023.

You can’t guarantee something like that it’s a recipe for disaster

But Caracalla is now at a club where a new coach has been appointed for next 4 years and Scott may have his own crew so would ask the question.

Can’t guarantee him the role but can guarantee him number 1 on the list should our performance not improve and we go another way, might be enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back