Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

After reviewing the Game Day thread the next day...
View attachment 1966189
Save Them All Star Wars GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

Can anyone tell me the name of the song played to intro team on the screen at the Gabba please. The one that replaced Love my People I mean

Thanks. Checked out the Pod an apparently it’s called ‘Run’ but a hard name and song to google

It doesn’t make me feel much better about our season, but seeing Geelong’s performance tonight (awesome) gives a bit of perspective on the last week of football.
We got beaten by this team (#1 on the ladder) in atrocious conditions, then 5 day turnaround to fade very badly to get beaten by GWS (#2 on the ladder).

We could have done better against the cats. Gut feel is we were always going to be in trouble against GWS after the wet slog 5 days earlier.

We are a long way off the pace now and can’t make the GF from here, but the season isn’t a right off if we pick up some wins in the next month. Need to sort some sh*t out though!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn’t make me feel much better about our season, but seeing Geelong’s performance tonight (awesome) gives a bit of perspective on the last week of football.
We got beaten by this team (#1 on the ladder) in atrocious conditions, then 5 day turnaround to fade very badly to get beaten by GWS (#2 on the ladder).

We could have done better against the cats. Gut feel is we were always going to be in trouble against GWS after the wet slog 5 days earlier.

We are a long way off the pace now and can’t make the GF from here, but the season isn’t a right off if we pick up some wins in the next month. Need to sort some sh*t out though!!

Could be wrong but we have a history of having a bit of a come down after a big game as well

Bit random but saw this on ABC news last night that may be of interest to some

I heard the report on the radio. It sounded really interesting until they mentioned the percentage is of those who have shown any sign of healing within two years - not even full healing. Not really practical for professional sportsmen and women, and kind of sucky for amateurs too.

I heard the report on the radio. It sounded really interesting until they mentioned the percentage is of those who have shown any sign of healing within two years - not even full healing. Not really practical for professional sportsmen and women, and kind of sucky for amateurs too.
Had a mate who did one in school. Didn't have surgery at the time and it healed to a point where he could play tennis and touch footy, although it would occasionally go on him. Eventually had the surgery and now runs marathons with no trouble. I'd think it wouldn't even be a thought for athletes, not even darts players.

Watched the Eddie McGuire and Jimmy Bartel Podcast and Eddie was whining about the Lions flags in 2002-03(still very very salty:D).. he said the Lions best 5 players were being paid outside the salary cap that the Magpies had to stick to.

Never heard it put out there like that ie. blatant salary cap rorting.

Watched the Eddie McGuire and Jimmy Bartel Podcast and Eddie was whining about the Lions flags in 2002-03(still very very salty:D).. he said the Lions best 5 players were being paid outside the salary cap that the Magpies had to stick to.

Just to refresh people's memory this article (dated 1/7/2003) goes into the extra allowances given to the two northern states.

While the Swans said they were happy to accept the new conditions - pointing out that they are paying well under their cap this year - the Lions expressed concern about the lesser allowance that will take effect by 2006. Brisbane chief executive Mike Bowers said that going from $600,000 to $360,000 was a worry. But on the other hand, he was pleased the AFL recognised there were special circumstances for the Lions.

Brisbane coach Leigh Matthews said the new system would not hurt the Lions so much while they were near the top, but it could become an issue when they were mid-table.
"When you're up the top like we've been for the last year or two it's probably not a gigantic problem, but if you're eighth, and I think all the rules have to be on every team being eighth, then the go-home pool will be strong again."

He's lying. He's both exaggerating the amount and pretending the retention allowance was solely going to the top five players.

He's lying. He's both exaggerating the amount and pretending the retention allowance was solely going to the top five players.
And ignoring the extra money available to players in Victoria through third party endorsements/rorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back