FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie's meltdown is the latest example of the AFL showing its true colours through this crisis. No concern for anything but their own pockets, even over regular struggling people who paid for a service they won't get.

Refunds need to be policy, not an implied favor for a few under special circumstances. Eddie made it clear the clubs don't really want to give refunds.

Eddie's meltdown is the latest example of the AFL showing its true colours through this crisis. No concern for anything but their own pockets, even over regular struggling people who paid for a service they won't get.

Refunds need to be policy, not an implied favor for a few under special circumstances. Eddie made it clear the clubs don't really want to give refunds.
If Richmond refunded every single membership in full do you seriously think the club would survive into 2021?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez if Gil is reluctant to let Gold Coast fold during this COVID crisis, then theres no chance in hell that Collingwood would be allowed to go under if a large portion of their members wanted refunds.

Eddie went way over the top and came off looking like someone who has lost touch with the regular folk who attend games.

If you say so. There are reports that clubs are refunding people who are in need. Some surveys have up to 70% of people with memberships suggesting theyd like the clubs to keep the money regardless.

Maguire cant be seen to encourage people to ask for a refund though - a fact TJ is well aware of - because like most clubs, membership money paid before the season is probably already spent for the most part.

Does anyone know why Sam McClure was recruited to the show this year? While there are two episodes a week now, bringing in Eddie and Lyon I would have thought is enough new personnel.

Collingwood CEO Mark Anderson also baulked at a direct answer to the membership refund question tonight on 3aw. In fact, the beginning of his answer was almost exactly the same thing Eddie said, so they must've practised :)

Last edited:
Hee hee, the fat, cashed-up bogan still didn't really answer the question. :D He's obviously s**t scared that 40,000 Collingwood members will ring up tomorrow to ask for their money back, which is unlikely to happen

815127a7d2e7f0ffd1b9474341bfa2a6

"Oy Eddie, gis our money back. Shazza says I needs a new face mask or else she won't root me!"

eddie-mcguire_18ybxru5da6fwzxjit15ke7o7.jpg

"I... errr..." <has sudden mental image of his dentally-challenged Collingwood faithful having sex>

BLEURRRRRRRGH!!!!

20110913.100007_vomit.jpg

If you say so. There are reports that clubs are refunding people who are in need. Some surveys have up to 70% of people with memberships suggesting theyd like the clubs to keep the money regardless.

I doubt surveys would be reliable on a question of whether people would ask for a refund at some stage.

Are Collingwood's books in worst shape than Eddie has previously made out?

But Eddie is right because if there was a run on clubs then several clubs would be in real trouble but the line of credit should help them but they really shouldn't be looking to use it unless they really need too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back