Footy Developments in NSW and Queensland

Remove this Banner Ad

President of biggest afl club just quit because of racist culture & you're like "it's not us."
Head in sand

So? What’s that got to do with the Giants? We weren’t involved.

Does this country, and the world really, have issues with racism? Yep a big problem.

And as said before it’s amusing seeing a football fan being high and mighty about racism.

Especially when his very own club has an issue with homophobia.

So? What’s that got to do with the Giants? We weren’t involved.

Does this country, and the world really, have issues with racism? Yep a big problem.

And as said before it’s amusing seeing a football fan being high and mighty about racism.

Especially when his very own club has an issue with homophobia.

Afl struggles with racism more than any other sport. In no other sport in Australia could Adam Goode's incident happen. Go to see you've learnt nothing

What other sports has had racism issues?

Football
Rugby League
I’m sure the American sports have had their issues.

Ha - that's not what I asked. No other sport this century has seen an indigenous player targeted in such a way. Could only happen in insular sport

Ha - that's not what I asked. No other sport this century has seen an indigenous player targeted in such a way. Could only happen in insular sport
A problem soccer solves by having almost no Aboriginal players.

Drive them out in juniors, job done.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would want to think seriously about playing here if you were Japanese to.

But one thing not clear to me, is it just the Japanese, or is it all Asians?

A problem soccer solves by having almost no Aboriginal players.

Drive them out in juniors, job done.

How long did it take for Eddie to fall on his sword?! Racially abused a player live on radio yet held onto his job for years. Do you even know why he stepped down?! Still no idea of issues here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

, the guy that comes to
This is no defence for dreadful treatment of indigenous players by afl & it's fans
Go here, start a post on the FFA treatment of a player injured by his own teammate for speaking up against racism, and what it speaks to about soccer consciously trying to both import and restrict the Ultra European active supporter base model, and its virulent racism. I would, but I suspect I would get banned for trolling. AFL has its issues with race, but it is addressing them, and in some circumstances, leads the way in some circumstances.

Say what you like about Collingwood, their dirty laundry got dragged through the mud, they were forced to acknowledge issues, an extremely powerful president was forced out. Foster has to threaten to refer the matter to FIFA, not to get them to take action, but to force them to stop acting AGAINST the victim. Are they to worried about upsetting the supporter base?

What to do, when the model everyone yearns for is racist, in a society that has turned its back on racism, decisions decisions. I know, ban the fans.

When the AFL has to ban the cheer squads and active support as the only sure way to stop racist outbursts, lets do a compare and contrast then.

Pippen94, they guy that comes to a sports board of a sport he hates to stand up for the victims of racism, but ignores it in the sport he loves? Trolling doesn't work when your so transparent.

, the guy that comes to
Go here, start a post on the FFA treatment of a player injured by his own teammate for speaking up against racism, and what it speaks to about soccer consciously trying to both import and restrict the Ultra European active supporter base model, and its virulent racism. I would, but I suspect I would get banned for trolling. AFL has its issues with race, but it is addressing them, and in some circumstances, leads the way in some circumstances.

Say what you like about Collingwood, their dirty laundry got dragged through the mud, they were forced to acknowledge issues, an extremely powerful president was forced out. Foster has to threaten to refer the matter to FIFA, not to get them to take action, but to force them to stop acting AGAINST the victim. Are they to worried about upsetting the supporter base?

What to do, when the model everyone yearns for is racist, in a society that has turned its back on racism, decisions decisions. I know, ban the fans.

When the AFL has to ban the cheer squads and active support as the only sure way to stop racist outbursts, lets do a compare and contrast then.

Pippen94, they guy that comes to a sports board of a sport he hates to stand up for the victims of racism, but ignores it in the sport he loves? Trolling doesn't work when your so transparent.

Not just collingwood; Goode's was booed wherever he played. You're scapegoating one club. Being insular sport is the problem

And? Still not all clubs.

Your moral superiority is a laughable load of garbage Pip considering the sport you love so much and it’s history, both past and current, of racism.
Especially when you add in your very own clubs history of homophobia.

Tsk tsk How very insular.

Can we get back on topic?

Both sports have some bad social issues that need fixing. As a Port fan I was incredibly ashamed and angry when we had a supporter throw a banana at Eddie Betts. Racism is definitely an embarrassing aspect of AFL. Soccer's also far from perfect. Both need to improve.

Now back to footy growing in NSW and Queensland?

Good news. Do you know how that compares to NSW? Would be interesting to see how much of an effect hosting the footy had on Queensland participation.

• Community football clubs maintained 97 per cent of pre-COVID participation levels with more than 1600 teams taking the field across NSW/ACT
  • Continued strong growth in the game’s alternate formats with a 10 per cent increase in participation in Junior AFLX and more than 300 teams registered to play AFL 9s in spring 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back