Coaching Staff Former Coach Ben "Truck" Rutten - Sacked for real this time - 21/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I am fine with it. We dont have a gameplan that is viable. We are witches hats.
You know what’s witches hats? The list. The senior players are the ones refusing to defend. Give Truck time to build his own list instead of inheriting the BS of his previous coaches and judging him on the standard set by the previous coaches.

The younger players have played well under him and at times even led the side to a win this year. The biggest overreaction to a loss I have ever seen in my life (if the reports are true).

If this board meeting doesn't end up with half the board being sacked I'll be a little disappointed tbh.

They can't be sacked.

Some of the board are elected by members. The rest are elected by themselves.

What are they going to do, sack themselves? Won't happen.

You would have to be kidding.

Rutten and Caracella are the brains trust at Richmond, we bring them over, play finals in the first year, have a s**t one and sack him? Seriously?

This club is a freakin joke if so
This club has been a joke for a long time now. I'm kind of glad this is happening right now.

Enough is enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would have to be kidding.

Rutten and Caracella are the brains trust at Richmond, we bring them over, play finals in the first year, have a s**t one and sack him? Seriously?

This club is a freakin joke if so

Have to provide a scapegoat lest the attention finally turn to the likes of Dodoro/Madden/Sheedy/Xav/Welmman etc.

I'm not neccassarily against moving on Rutten, just show that there's been some thought and process planning behind the decision rather than just 'oh look, shiny new toy to take away the pain for a minute'
This!

I am not completely sold on Rutten, but I am very sick of this club making decisions without any process. If we have in fact sacked truck because North were about to sign Clarkso then we haven't learned a thing.

itll be like when a bush fire roars through town and levels the entire place but miraculously one house is left standing

dodo will be standing amongst the rubble smirking ready to take credit for all green shoots
If Dodo does a fist pump and nobody is around to see it, did the fist pump ever happen?

Putting the man, a guy who seems genuinely good and who has proven himself to be of class in a horrible situation, to one side, are we going to now pretend like he has made noticeable progress getting players to defend in the 4 years he has been at the club?

There are a number of issues playing out at the same time. The players not listening to Rutten is one of them. The club not listening to Rutten is another.

The debacle that is the board and executive leadership is the biggest problem.

Stability for its sake cannot be the answer.

Even if we hadn't blow up Rutten's credibility and authority, as if anyone will listen to him now, the on field direction was a real problem.

It is laughable to cite improvement this year. As I understand it, we play the lowest pressure games in the AFL, according to CD. That is certainly consistent with my impression of our games. Literally nothing positive can be take from low pressure matches.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back