Games FPL 21/22 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Just curious but do many in here listen to many FPL podcasts/resources? I have a few good ones to recommend if anyone is interested. I find I just don't have the patience/skill to sift through stats myself so by listening by 2-3 podcasts I get a range of opinions and then can make a more informed call from there. Guys like FPL Black Box and Planet FPL I find really interesting.

On that topic, Mark Sutherns who used to be on the Official FPL show on Optus, who is on FPL Black Box, did the "MOTD Challenge" over the weekend (went out and didn't look at any scores until Match of the Day was on) and they live streamed it, so if you can find a stream of MOTD online you can watch along with him. He did: Mahrez, Torres and Toney out for Lukaku, Sarr and Mbuemo for a -4. While it's sh*t it didn't work out for him, it's still a hilarious watch and refreshing to see even those big guys in the game go through the same emotions as the rest of us.

So far have been listening to the ScoutCast (podcast version of the Youtube) which is reasonable . Different views during the week is handy.

Have listened Who Got the Assist previously which was good.

assuming for Ronaldo?

to both of you (and others) keen to wait a week to see how they all fit together in UTD?
I’m assuming he starts and is on pens. that’s good enough for me.

It’s never too early to wildcard. I’ll probably wait till GW7

Just curious but do many in here listen to many FPL podcasts/resources? I have a few good ones to recommend if anyone is interested. I find I just don't have the patience/skill to sift through stats myself so by listening by 2-3 podcasts I get a range of opinions and then can make a more informed call from there. Guys like FPL Black Box and Planet FPL I find really interesting.

On that topic, Mark Sutherns who used to be on the Official FPL show on Optus, who is on FPL Black Box, did the "MOTD Challenge" over the weekend (went out and didn't look at any scores until Match of the Day was on) and they live streamed it, so if you can find a stream of MOTD online you can watch along with him. He did: Mahrez, Torres and Toney out for Lukaku, Sarr and Mbuemo for a -4. While it's sh*t it didn't work out for him, it's still a hilarious watch and refreshing to see even those big guys in the game go through the same emotions as the rest of us.
I watched this today when I should have been working. Was really good concept and felt for him when the last game came up and he kept saying as long as Ings and Toney don't score lol.

I don't mind lets talk fpl sometimes on YouTube and fpl tips. Fpl tips is short sharp and sweet. I need all the help I can get

I watched this today when I should have been working. Was really good concept and felt for him when the last game came up and he kept saying as long as Ings and Toney don't score lol.

I don't mind lets talk fpl sometimes on YouTube and fpl tips. Fpl tips is short sharp and sweet. I need all the help I can get

Haha this was the best bit, he kept saying it. :D

Yeah it's a fun concept. I remember once two seasons ago I slept through the night's games so instead of checking results I chucked on the goal highlights. Not quite the same thing, but I remember Lundstram scored two goals and I was stoked, then checked my team and I had him on the bench..

Last edited:
Wildcard is tempting. Going to wait and see what a few "experts" on twitter and the like do.

Lukaku, KDB and CR7 not in my side but would love to fit in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a poor start to the season I'm Wild Carding. Not too many insanely drastic changes, but I can get in who I want in the midfield and capitalise on the CS potential of Spurs, Pool and United (and even Arsenal this game week). Matip is a gamble given he's made of papier-mâché but I only want him for the next few fixtures. Still disappointed that I haven't found a solution for Toney. Expecting about 30 more changes before the deadline. Thoughts?

Wildcard draft 3.PNG

After a poor start to the season I'm Wild Carding. Not too many insanely drastic changes, but I can get in who I want in the midfield and capitalise on the CS potential of Spurs, Pool and United (and even Arsenal this game week). Matip is a gamble given he's made of papier-mâché but I only want him for the next few fixtures. Still disappointed that I haven't found a solution for Toney. Expecting about 30 more changes before the deadline. Thoughts?

View attachment 1222989

Whattt, but you started with Lukaku specifically so you wouldn't have to change things.

Whattt, but you started with Lukaku specifically so you wouldn't have to change things.
As it turns out, Jack Harrison is about as dangerous as soggy weet-bix this season. On top of that, Vlasic brings in a whole new piece into the West Ham jigsaw, I wanted to capitalise on Spurs' fixtures, Ronaldo is now an option and on pens and Gray looks very good early days

As it turns out, Jack Harrison is about as dangerous as soggy weet-bix this season. On top of that, Vlasic brings in a whole new piece into the West Ham jigsaw, I wanted to capitalise on Spurs' fixtures, Ronaldo is now an option and on pens and Gray looks very good early days

Fair.

Some thoughts on your team though: No Antonio feels really dangerous especially with Hammers fixtures. Son isn't looking as dangerous as he could have been so could probably be dropped down. Having Lukaku and Ronaldo both feels a bit too heavy when you could have Ronaldo for the time being then shift to Lukaku when the fixtures swing. Using some of those funds saved to bump Matip up to TAA probably makes sense.

Fair.

Some thoughts on your team though: No Antonio feels really dangerous especially with Hammers fixtures. Son isn't looking as dangerous as he could have been so could probably be dropped down. Having Lukaku and Ronaldo both feels a bit too heavy when you could have Ronaldo for the time being then shift to Lukaku when the fixtures swing. Using some of those funds saved to bump Matip up to TAA probably makes sense.
I had TAA before. I want Matip purely for the defensive points. On having both Lukaku and Ronaldo, Chelsea still created a lot of chances in the first half and there were 3 or 4 times if Lukaku, Havertz or Mount picked the right pass, there would likely be either assist or goal points for Lukaku. Imo, he's still an option and a pretty clinical finisher who will definitely score even in the next few fixtures. Son is also still a decent option, Spurs aren't creating many chances, but Son is involved in near anything, they look defensively sound too. Reckon they'll click and he'll continue on where he left off from last season. I haven't seen anything in the opening 3 games to suggest otherwise. No Antonio is a bit scary, but imo he'll get figured out in the next few weeks and the introduction of Vlasic may interrupt West Ham's potency going forward. They looked sluggish against Palace at the end once Palace figured out their midfield and I fear that could happen again and earlier.

Will consider everything though, thanks for your advice :)

Listening to blackbox at the moment. Mark says no Ronaldo and Az is yes. I am leaning towards no, but after watching match of the day challenge and Mark's moves last GW i am not so sure now :think:;)

Listening to blackbox at the moment. Mark says no Ronaldo and Az is yes. I am leaning towards no, but after watching match of the day challenge and Mark's moves last GW i am not so sure now :think:;)

Haha yeah I'm working my way through that ep at the moment. I like to think of it more as him just offering up a counter view. I don't think I can get to Ronaldo without a -8 and even then not sure I can do it without huge tinkering, so may just go without for now and back DCL and Antonio to do better with added flexibility in my team.

Haha yeah I'm working my way through that ep at the moment. I like to think of it more as him just offering up a counter view. I don't think I can get to Ronaldo without a -8 and even then not sure I can do it without huge tinkering, so may just go without for now and back DCL and Antonio to do better with added flexibility in my team.

I can get there for a -4 with Bruno down and Ings up. But want to see how he goes. If he blanks or doesnt start then going to be a big gain. If he goes nuts then a big hit. Looking at just Ings to DCL (if fit) and reassess next week. looking to wildcard around week 7.

What happened to Portugal today against Ireland is what you’re getting with Ronaldo - missed pen, terrible game and then 2 goals in extra time to win the game.

Still not getting him immediately.

I blinked lol. I think Ronaldo getting the full week at OT to prepare for Newcastle tipped me over the edge. Current WC looks like this:

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 10.27.00 am.png

Last edited:
really good wildcard team.

Still tinkering, have swapped Torres, Sa, Reguilon to Jota, Bachmann, Semedo. Think I'm very happy with that. Just don't trust City assets and with Firmino out would rather double up on Pool in midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back