Premier Lg EPL Matchday 22 & 23 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw Konate's second yellow card, wtf?

The referee has wrongly interpreted it as him impeding/stopping the Arsenal player which couldn't be further from what actually happened. The player has dribbled the ball in the other direction and all Konate has done is start to turn his body. He hasn't diverted his path or anything to block the Arsenal player, all he did was put his arms up as the Arsenal player was about to run into him.
The Arsenal player knew exactly what he was doing and the reactive referee fell for it.

Konate I thought unlucky to be given a second yellow. A few of the cards were harsh I felt.

It was 100% a second yellow. He should have been 5-10 yards back guarding space instead of pushing so high up like that. I’ve seen him make that mistake a few times, he needs to learn when not to get sucked in.

It was 100% a second yellow. He should have been 5-10 yards back guarding space instead of pushing so high up like that. I’ve seen him make that mistake a few times, he needs to learn when not to get sucked in.
He didn't do anything wrong though. Watched it several times, the Arsenal player has run into him, all he did was start to turn his body as that was the direction the ball was going.

Yep, just watched it again. It's the Arsenal player, knocking the ball in a different direction and running into Konate (who does not move from the direction he was heading) and the Arsenal player falling down clutching his face. It's a case of the referee seeing a player fall down on the counter and assuming it was a professional foul. Just poor refereeing and a case of guessing when he probably didn't have the best angle to know whether Konate impeded him or not.

He didn't do anything wrong though. Watched it several times, the Arsenal player has run into him, all he did was start to turn his body as that was the direction the ball was going.

Konate lifting his arms to block the player, and the fact nobody is behind him (stopping counter) are the 2 main contributing factors to the yellow. If he turns his back completely and runs after the ball and the player runs into his back, he would have been fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve seen it a few times however perhaps need to pay closer attention. To me it looked a foul yes, for obstruction. Whether or not it was worthy of a yellow, I’m unsure and will need to see it again.

Holjund and Richarlison were laughed at by so many for being s**t, 2 of the best strikers in the league ATM

The criticism of rasmus was ridiculous, just turned 21, was signed for a huge fee and literally our only striker been asked to lead the line for Man United. He’s tracking very well, confidence is growing.

Just saw Konate's second yellow card, wtf?

The referee has wrongly interpreted it as him impeding/stopping the Arsenal player which couldn't be further from what actually happened. The player has dribbled the ball in the other direction and all Konate has done is start to turn his body. He hasn't diverted his path or anything to block the Arsenal player, all he did was put his arms up as the Arsenal player was about to run into him.
The Arsenal player knew exactly what he was doing and the reactive referee fell for it.
Looked a fairly straightforward yellow to me.

Haha what? We had some good passages but Arsenal were way cleaner with the ball, our defense was absolutely horrendous today, looked like they all smoked a few cones before hitting the pitch. No way we deserved to win that at all, Arsenal were just better. I think we would have been happy with a draw so this is a really bad result for us. I'll spew up if City win the league again on the back of this.
I am an Arsenal fan…

Konate lifting his arms to block the player, and the fact nobody is behind him (stopping counter) are the 2 main contributing factors to the yellow. If he turns his back completely and runs after the ball and the player runs into his back, he would have been fine.
He lifted his arm because the player was about to run into him. Not sure how you can obstruct someone when they run into you. When someone is about to run into you lifting your arm is an automatic protective measure.

Havertz literally knocks the ball in the direction he turned. Kanate makes contact with the head.
Havertz knocks the ball in a different direction but Konate doesn't divert from the path he was running, he just turns his head and Havertz is about to run into him so he raises his arm in front of his body (which is about to be run into). Konate doesn't divert his path or move to block Havertz, if he doesn't raise his arm then he runs into him.

The criticism of rasmus was ridiculous, just turned 21, was signed for a huge fee and literally our only striker been asked to lead the line for Man United. He’s tracking very well, confidence is growing.
Could always see the talent it was a matter of time. He has a beautiful change of pace and shot power.

Havertz knocks the ball in a different direction but Konate doesn't divert from the path he was running, he just turns his head and Havertz is about to run into him so he raises his arm in front of his body (which is about to be run into). Konate doesn't divert his path or move to block Havertz, if he doesn't raise his arm then he runs into him.

Havertz knocked the ball to his left side and turn to run past him on Konate’s left. It’s clear as day.

On that vision looks to me like he’s just trying to foul him to prevent a counter and got it wrong. Don’t think it was intentional in terms of how and where he got him, just clumsy. Doesn’t mean it’s not a red card either, if you take the risk deliberately fouling someone and get it wrong you have to accept the consequences.

Fair, just not sure what the “ideal” is there, other than missing him.

If he gets contact, The likeliest thing is what happened. But as you say, put yourself at risk and that’s the consequence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back