Moved Thread Free Tram Zone - come on be honest....

Remove this Banner Ad

No. I'm two train stops to Richmond. Also. Flinders to MCG walk for the win. Would almost be quicker then the tram.

The walk from Flinders St to the MCG is fantastic. The fact that in our game, the opposition supporters can mingle, have a dig at each other, have a laugh, take the kids - is just great. (And you can start from BD, for bonus points:cool:).

Compare that with the stupidity in soccer, where police have to segregate fans, they do the 'This Is Our Territory' bullshit - it's just a bloody game - enjoy it.

We normally park at the Exhibition Street carpark and walk down across the bridge and the trams always going in or out of the MCG are always fish cans

Couple times have caught the 70/75 from Flinders St Station if no time to walk down and never once have seen anybody touch on or off ;)

I used to live in East Melbourne off Vic Parade on Grey St. When I went into the city I'd mostly walk it but sometimes catch the tram down Vic Parade. I simply cant justify paying the same for a 5 minute trip as someone that travels from Box Hill. The inspectors would often get on at my stop for that reason because no one living in the area would pay for their travel.

Getting rid of zones tidied up some of the confusion, but it's dumb. Paying $3 to travel, what, 700 meters is just silly. Granted I walked it 9/10 though.

First time using the tram in Melbourne I touched on for the first two days before I realised it was free in the cbd. The free tram zone signs were not enough for this tunnel visioned Adelaidian.

Yeah from the city to the G has always been a defacto free tram zone to me. What is it, 3 stops?

If you've caught a train too or from the city or the footy at some point and you're out there in the community spending money going to a game then it's not really weighing on the conscience.

I feel sorry for tourists having to deal with the myki system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It must be noted that in other states, if you hold a ticket to an AFL game all public transport is free, Vic State govt should do the same
In WA at least technically it isn't 'free' as the tickets/memberships went up slightly when it was introduced to cover it. Still a good idea though.

Yeah from the city to the G has always been a defacto free tram zone to me. What is it, 3 stops?

If you've caught a train too or from the city or the footy at some point and you're out there in the community spending money going to a game then it's not really weighing on the conscience.

I feel sorry for tourists having to deal with the myki system.

Agree with you there Master. Each time i come to Melbourne i'm baffled by the balance on the myki card.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back