Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats more deluded is they (some supporters) reckon they need to up the ante in trading before it's too late for Fyfe and Walters to get a flag.

Mentally deluded, the whole lot of them.
Yep deluded isnt it?

Just like Freo doing trades around 2009-2012 to help Pav and freo get into a grand final.

Are we a flag list? No we aren't. Are we a finals list when fully fit? Yes
Will that ever happen though? Mundy is not getting any younger, Sandilands will retire, Jessie Hogan has had a reoccurrence of in injury that has had him sidelined for 2 seasons and threatens his career, Bennell is gone and those early round draft kids look solid rather than elite. All this 4 seasons into a rebuild?

Will that ever happen though? Mundy is not getting any younger, Sandilands will retire, Jessie Hogan has had a reoccurrence of in injury that has had him sidelined for 2 seasons and threatens his career, Bennell is gone and those early round draft kids look solid rather than elite. All this 4 seasons into a rebuild?
1. I reckon Mundy has a couple of years left and still plays his really relatively well. If not, then there are players like Conca, Brayshaw, Blakely, Cerra who can slot into his role.
2. Sandilands is done and i don't want him near our team again, Lobb and Darcy have got that role now.
3. Jesse Hogan is unfortunate but hopefully our S&C team can give him the proper treatment he needs and he can have a really strong pre-season. Cobb can do well up forward, Taberner is a solid contested mark, Matera has improved leaps and bounds, Walters is still great when he goes forward too and McCarthy has made improvements too and plays his best when he's been the 3rd tall.
4. Bennell was the most unfortunate case we've seen, great talent hampered by injuries.
5. Cerra has definitely had a down season but his disposal is still pretty solid, Andy's 2nd half of the season has been much better, Sturt unfortunately has been injured so hasn't played. Logue has got a pretty solid tank and has done nothing but improve. Ryan is elite, Darcy is getting better every week. Our young stocks are pretty good imo.

I don't buy the rebuild excuse Ross makes and think it's bullshit he still pulls it out. I think we will be fine though.

You could say the same about every list except Gold Coast. This year has shown there is not much between teams, 5% off mentally and you are in real trouble. A couple of injuries to key players and you are in real trouble.

Is being a finals list when fully fit really the goal here?

From attached article, the only stat that matters under Ross tenure. Pretty esteemed company Freo are in there.

Since the start of 2016, Fremantle has had the fourth-lowest number of wins, ahead of only Carlton, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you aren't a finals list when fit, you are a rebuilding list. Finals sides get injuries and still win games of footy because finals sides have depth. Geelong, Collingwood, WC, Brisbane, Richmond, GWS, Essendon, Port and Adelaide all have more mature and settled lists than Freo. 11th is about right. No need to jump the gun.

From attached article, the only stat that matters under Ross tenure. Pretty esteemed company Freo are in there.

Since the start of 2016, Fremantle has had the fourth-lowest number of wins, ahead of only Carlton, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

Not only that they are also bat s**t boring and not worth talking about

Go take a look at some preseason threads. Most here had them top 8.
I call Bull**** on that.

I went on a drunken mel gibson type tirade on the 2019 ladder thread. Becuase Some people predicted freo to finish bottom 2 or the wooden spoon, despite having got a couple of tall forwards and finishing 14th last season with the worst forward line since the 1996 fitzroy team..

I went apes**t on people that predidcted freo to finish bottom 2.

I mentioned Bastardization a few times on that thread too.

I call Bull**** on that.

I went on a drunken mel gibson type tirade on the 2019 ladder thread. Becuase Some people predicted freo to finish bottom 2 or the wooden spoon, despite having got a couple of tall forwards and finishing 14th last season with the worst forward line since the 1996 fitzroy team..

I went apes**t on people that predidcted freo to finish bottom 2.

I mentioned Bastardization a few times on that thread too.
I don't enjoy Ross Lyon Football, but I hope Fremantle keep him at least until next year, just like gambling you need to lost everything to justify sacking him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back