Fremantle made a huge mistake by not taking Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gillies is hardly a good opponent. He was ok on a decent in Rance I suppose but then again that performance was meh. For 800k per year you would be expecting 100 goals per year and taking the likes of Glass, Lake, Jamison etc to the cleaners with 8-9 goal hauls. Sample size too small and FB's this year and last year too crap to make a definitive judgement on Clark.

Over rated.
Was good today, but I agree. Played on Gillies for parts of the last quarter, and Gillies is only just there.

As of trade week last year, Mitch Clark was a failure as a forward, and a success as a mobile ruckman. He wanted to continue to play as a forward, and Melbourne already had a good ruckman in Jamar, so they threw the kitchen sink at him? Paid well over the odds, maybe it wil work out, but I won't be holding my breath, despite how he played today.

Sorry, what does any of this have to do with Clark's great performances so far this year and the fact Fremantle have no key forwards?

Stop going off topic thanks.
Great performances?

Round 1 - Brisbane - 10 disposals, 2 goals
Round 2 - WC Eagles - 12 disposals, 5 goals
Round 3 - Richmond - 8 disposals, 2 goals
Round 4 - Bulldogs - 7 disposals, 1 goal
Round 5 - St Kilda - DNP
Round 6 - Geelong - 21 disposals, 4 goals

All I can see is a couple of good performances.

Let's not get carried away, although judging by your user name, it wouldn't be the first time

Your concession has been noted, whelan=legend.:thumbsu:

It's not like Fremantle have a new coach and are settling into a new game plan and structure or anything - with Mitch Clark in the side they'd be firmly ensconced in the top 4.

Mitch Clark, 27 goals in 17 games last year. Up there with Kepler Bradley's 25 in 15. Kepler must be on some biiiiig coin.:)

6 contested marks!!!!!!!

Carey used to take that in a quarter when he decided to win a game.

they didnt make the mistake, you offered him a far more lucrative deal to both himself and brisbane. a deal brisbane couldnt refuse. freo would have to have given something special for clark.

i always knew clark was talented but he always at the time looked like he wanted to go home, showing his change of heart to go to melbourne shows he is just after for the money. freo have made many mistakes over the years picking up money gobblers they have learnt well from the schwab and connolly era.

they didnt make the mistake, you offered him a far more lucrative deal to both himself and brisbane. a deal brisbane couldnt refuse. freo would have to have given something special for clark.

i always knew clark was talented but he always at the time looked like he wanted to go home, showing his change of heart to go to melbourne shows he is just after for the money. freo have made many mistakes over the years picking up money gobblers they have learnt well from the schwab and connolly era.

If they weren't too busy jerking the Lions around they could've had the deal completed before Melbourne had even made an offer to Clark.

It's evident that Fremantle are missing a big forward target this year. With Pavlich pushing up into the midfield, they are left with Anthony, Z Clark or Kepler. Their leading goal kicker is Mayne with 7 goals, after 5 rounds.

Mitch Clark wanted to go to Fremantle, Fremantle wanted Clark but also wanted to screw over Brisbane on the trade table and pay less than he was worth. Mitch has kicked 14 goals in 5 games.

With Clark in their current forward line they would be a top 4 team, and they made by far the biggest mistake of the off season.

Nailed it with these points mate.

Far too early to speculate about top 4 etc. But they'd kill to have Clark in their lineup at this point. I doubt anyone's seriously going to try to deny this now.

Big Footy's version of Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.

Few things, his family back in perth urged him to go to Melbourne and take the money. He has family in Melbourne he would've liked to be in contact with too. I think most people with that situation at their feet would take the money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumb and Dumber can address and discuss the topic of the post rather than throwing personal insults around and just attacking the club of the OP.

BigFooty is an absolute joke, thought this wasn't Bay 13. :eek:

Mitch Clark - Jeff Hogg for the 21st Century

Dumb and Dumber can address and discuss the topic of the post rather than throwing personal insults around and just attacking the club of the OP.

Translation:

trollface.jpg

The topic is just stupid.

I know you are up against solid competition but you 2 clowns would have to be close to the shittest posters on this site, you just post absolute crap. I know this is the main board but seriously you just need to be told.

What topic? It was an apt observation from Kram.

Fremantle were trumped by Melbourne with salary and what they could offer Brisbane, end of story. They had nothing more to offer without paying massive overs for a FF who had only proved himself in the ruck.

You said earlier that Freo only offered Brisbane a second rounder, link?

The topic is just stupid.

I know you are up against solid competition but you 2 clowns would have to be close to the shittest posters on this site, you just post absolute crap. I know this is the main board but seriously you just need to be told.

I know you're incredibly biased to your own team, but the topic is 100% spot on. I know you don't want to acknowledge what a massive failure it was by your administration and football department but your forwardlines performance against a decimated GC side tonight just proves it even further.

Fremantle posters are without doubt the worst on this site - every response in a Melbourne thread 'Schwab and Connolly' :eek:

Learn to discuss the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back