Preview Fremantle vs Sydney - 6:10pm, Saturday, 20 July, Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Glory
It was the best of Ross, it was the worst of Ross, it was the age of footy greatness, it was the age of footy shitness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to the top four, we were all going direct the other way.

It is the winter of our collective, purple despair.

Our mentor and tactical mastermind is feeling the heat of 1,602 anonymous, angry web-signatures, and an errant photographer’s flash.

Our fearless, noble leader is bruised and sore from dirty, unsociable squawking yellow and brown pretenders.

Our star forward, after slaying demons, has succumbed to foot-hiccups and must look on helplessly.

An invading army of white and red swans, without their cans of cola, or their pole weapon, will be aiming to defeat our gallant purple warriors.

Last time these two clubs clashed, the swans were victorious. Who cares? Not me.

Who can forget when, in happier times than now, we swept them aside at a boisterous Subiaco Oval amid chants of M-C-G, on the way to our first Grand Final?

That seems like a long time ago, but there have been green shoots this season. If we can keep our solid core of young players together, maybe… just maybe in the not too distant future we’ll get there again.

TL;DR:
  • We’re trash
  • So are they
  • Hopefully Fyfe plays (or we’d be really ****ed)
  • Shame Hogan’s not playing
  • We need to win this game
  • We really need to win because it’s my birthday weekend
  • Please please let’s see an improvement of skills and ball movement
  • Kane Cornes is a piece of s**t campaigner
Freo by 10.

I expect nothing any more. If we win it’s a bonus, if we lose it’s ‘meh’. Prefer to win, but que será, será, što će biti, će biti... yep whatever will be, will be. I think, therefore I am. To be, or not to be? Who could possibly know the answer to the question?

Freo or Swans by a random number of points. You decide.

I am tipping us this week for the second time in five weeks. Last time we lost to carlton - this time we need a bloody win!

Freo by 22

Anyone know much about the AJ Diamond Club? Got given some tix by a friend for this weekend. What’s the go? Will I have to dress all fancy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to say we looked cooked in the Hawks game but I'm not sure that's quite true. I honestly felt like most of the team weren't that bothered about the result. Maybe it is because Fyfe's determination burns so bright the other boys just seem dull.

Fyfe brought them to life for 20 minutes. This season has a dreary inevitability about at the moment.

Sydney by 17pts in an awful game of football.

I'm begging you Ross, bring in some debutants. Carter and Sturt, breathe new life into the team.

I expect nothing any more. If we win it’s a bonus, if we lose it’s ‘meh’. Prefer to win, but que será, será, što će biti, će biti... yep whatever will be, will be. I think, therefore I am. To be, or not to be? Who could possibly know the answer to the question?

Freo or Swans by a random number of points. You decide.

That apathy is perhaps the most depressing part yet most accurately representative of being a Freo supporter at the moment. Stuck in mid-table purgatory having hit the wall with the only foreseeable path being downwards and no light at the end of the tunnel.

*sigh*. Could be worse, could be being coached by Sumich I guess (that would be a straw to break this camel's back). Swans by...who cares? Come on Ashes!

I like every week am expecting this club to go out and win like any good supporter does, but do I think we will? No. Fun fact though, every team who's lost to Carlton has gone on to lose the next week.

So uh, we're back to losing all our games, have a bunch of key players out injured, the coach is s**t and apparently half the team want out.

But in the mid-90s this bald headed Docker sockered a goal and won us the game, and gave me (9 year old at the time) a high five.

Can't remember his name but it was a great memory.

The dreaded foot hiccups, the worst injury of all.

I'm tipping Sydney so at least if they win there'll be a small consolation prize.

Fyfe out, 4 changes (on top of multiple changes a game over the last handful of weeks). That's an unsettled and less skilled playing group. These injuries can $#%@ off.

Hopefully travel get's the better of Sydney...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back