Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well this is different to how I thought it would be when I eagerly answered Tonga Bob's call to arms in the pre-season. I think back then we collectively saw us being 5-2 as a bit of a failure given the soft start, so at 2-5 the Freo faithful have, shall we say, gotten a little pessimistic.

Hudson.gif

Fear not though, hope is at hand in the form of a Harley Reid chasing Hawks outfit. Sure we've got a bad history with this mob, they've robbed us of our crowning glory (twice if you include Sniper Mitchell taking out Fyfe in 2015) but JLo has the wood over them. Indeed he's responsible for 33% of our wins against the old Poo & Pees and has never lost a game to them. I haven't been this confident since Round 1...

Form Line

Form Line.jpg

Lineups

Last week we saw the first flickering of a new superstar in Matthew Johnson. Big bodied, strong in the contest, that same time warping ability of a certain ageless hero whose name I still cannot bear to mention as it pains me so... admittedly he marked the ball like Edward Dildohands but gee he looked good. And in true Docker fashion, we've lost him for two weeks. I thought Freo should've gone to appeal with the compelling argument that it was Dayne Zorko and Johnno was due a $1500 bonus, but alas, not for the first time this season, they lacked bottle. Brodie and Sturt have been given their marching orders laying the way for the return of Fast Freddie & The Big Kahuna, plus a start for young Neil Erasmus who hopefully will show us why he was a top 10 pick. Finally we welcome the superest of super subs, the two-time Brownlow winner, and man I regret putting a ton on for the Coleman back in the heady days of King Huskii's stellar training reports (which were excellent by the way), Nathan Fyfe. Of course Hughes and Banfield are still names #1 & 2 on the team sheet. This also marks the first time JOM has played the Hawks since leaving. He was one of the most important players for Hawthorn in this fixture last year, let's hope he isn't this week, and that he can go 2-0 against his former clubs.

As for the Hawks, Sam Mitchell clearly doesn't give a * and is all in on Harley Reid, 'managing' Luke Bruest and CJ. However, their midfield is a contested machine, and as such his best laid plans may go awry given our trouble at the, er, ummm, contest. It'll be nice to see Lloyd Meek back at Optus, if you are going to the ground, he was a solid citizen here so don't be a campaigner and boo him, we're better than that. Finally Mitchell Lewis is up and running again, so Pearce and Cox will have to be on their game.

Weather

There's a good chance of rain... so that extra tall is looking like an interesting choice.

im-melting-wicked-witch.gif

Gameplan

Banners.jpg

So who's going to win this thing?
Well the bookies have us $1.30, which makes me terribly nervous. It's prime-time Saturday night, again making me nervous (oh how I long for our underdog status and last game Sunday slot). This is by no means a gimme. The Hawthorn mids have the capacity to tear us a new one, as does Mitchell Lewis if he gets off the leash, but they are weak defensively so if we sort out our delivery, Amiss could have a field day. If it rains of course, who knows. Either way, this isn't a done deal. But we have to remember, if we don't do this, the Eagles are going to get one hell of a player next year. Freo by a goal.

Last edited:
379395.jpg

Hopefully Fremantle give the Hawks a big belting 100+ and it get themselves out of this rut and get there confidence up. Fremantle are much better Then their performances indicate I don’t know what the problem is they looked like such a great team last year and ready to take the next step this year bringing in a O’meara and Jackson I thought was the cherry 🍒 on top. Sometimes like Geelong that started badly and belted the Hawks in round 4 after they belted the Hawks in round 4 they started flying fingers crossed 🤞 this is that point for the dockers.

Are you guys telling me we haven't been playing in the rain all year?

Why can't we pick up a ground ball then?

Why can't we hit a 2 metre handpass?

Why can't we mark the footy?

... Can't see the rain making much difference for us this season lol
It's been 6D chess from JL all along, have skills and fundamentals bad in the dry so that when it's wet we are already at the level

Think About It GIF by Identity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle are just 1 Good win away. I would definitely have them as the most exciting team last year other than Collingwood in my opinion both were evenly exciting. if Fremantle do the Hawks by 100 points they will turn there season around and in five weeks time everyone will be talking about the flying Doctors. Mark my words Fremantle will make the finals and this week will be there first steppingstone an absolute thumping of the Hawks whom i love.
Does anyone remember when freo went down to Geelong and thumped them last year.

Fremantle are just 1 Good win away. I would definitely have them as the most exciting team last year other than Collingwood in my opinion both were evenly exciting. if Fremantle do the Hawks by 100 points they will turn there season around and in five weeks time everyone will be talking about the flying Doctors. Mark my words Fremantle will make the finals and this week will be there first steppingstone an absolute thumping of the Hawks whom i love.
Does anyone remember when freo went down to Geelong and thumped them last year.
Sorry mate but I can tell you haven't watched us this year yet

Yes we were good last year but we are not this year, we had 5 or 6 players walk out and while we thought our depth was ready to replace them, they simply weren't

We are back to fielding the youngest team in the comp and have to develop this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back