SorryIHammerChicken

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2005
Cameron White
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Team Carbonaro™..........
This season, let's go through the Friday night matches.

Round 1 - WCE v St Kilda - Not much of a contest, and only 1 goal scored in the last quarter.

Round 2 - Richmond v St Kilda - Actually not a bad game in the last quarter due to the suspense involved there but the first 3 quarters were poor.

Round 3 - St Kilda v Brisbane - A free-flowing first term but after that St Kilda didn't really go on with it and should have won by 50-60. A little dull in terms of atmosphere.

Round 4 - Carlton v Hawthorn - Meh

Round 5 - Richmond v Carlton - Some say it was a good close game but the skills in this match were horrible.

Round 6 - Melbourne v Geelong - tight battle in tough conditions.

Round 7 - St Kilda v Geelong - Terrible, terrible game.

Round 8 - Hawthorn v Melbourne - Blowout.

Round 9 - Collingwood v Bulldogs - High scoring, free flowing game as you'd expect. Not bad.

Round 10 - Adelaide v Essendon - Now, in the first place, why even schedule this game at the start of the year? Even when Essendon were a finals team they never played that well in Adelaide, so what made them schedule this on a Friday night? Not only that but there has never been a more certain result than this one. Adelaide 1.07 and the buildup to the game has been poor. The crowd atmosphere didn't sound good at the start of the game and ever since Essendon kicked the first goal, Adelaide sealed the game when they hit the front. One of the most dull contests I've ever seen, nothing really makes it worth watching. Worst game of all time in fact.

So out of 10 games, maybe 3 were good.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest before I get back to my uni work.

piefan said:
Rounds 1 and 3 were not FRIDAY night football.
They felt like it though...I was going off memory.

Got me on a technicality :)

BTW, this should probably be moved to Bay 13

They are good compared to the games that channel 10 show on saturday afternoons.

I'm an Essendon supporter and even I can appreciate the way Adelaide are playing tonight.

I know it's all well and good to want a contest, but if you can't enjoy the performance putting on tonight, you are pretty hard to please.

Going through the fixture we have:

11 - Geelong v Essendon - I think Essendon are a chance here, Geelong are a bottom 8 side and while they could resort to ugly tactics like they did against the Saints, it shouldn't be too bad a game.

12 - St Kilda v Adelaide - Has potential to be a good game.

13 - Kangaroos v Essendon - Should be close, but that doesn't guarantee a good spectacle.

14 - Freo v Essendon - Another Subi stinker

15 - Richmond v Melbourne - At the G, has potential

16 - Adelaide v Kangaroos at AAMI - Please, make the bad man stop! :(

After that it gets a bit better though.

SorryIHammerChicken said:
One of the most dull contests I've ever seen, nothing really makes it worth watching. Worst game of all time in fact.

On behalf of the Crows, I would like to apologise for my team trying their best and flogging Essendon and making it boring for you... di.c.k.head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SorryIHammerChicken said:
This season, let's go through the Friday night matches.

Round 1 - WCE v St Kilda - Not much of a contest, and only 1 goal scored in the last quarter.

Round 2 - Richmond v St Kilda - Actually not a bad game in the last quarter due to the suspense involved there but the first 3 quarters were poor.

Round 3 - St Kilda v Brisbane - A free-flowing first term but after that St Kilda didn't really go on with it and should have won by 50-60. A little dull in terms of atmosphere.

Round 4 - Carlton v Hawthorn - Meh

Round 5 - Richmond v Carlton - Some say it was a good close game but the skills in this match were horrible.

Round 6 - Melbourne v Geelong - tight battle in tough conditions.

Round 7 - St Kilda v Geelong - Terrible, terrible game.

Round 8 - Hawthorn v Melbourne - Blowout.

Round 9 - Collingwood v Bulldogs - High scoring, free flowing game as you'd expect. Not bad.

Round 10 - Adelaide v Essendon - Now, in the first place, why even schedule this game at the start of the year? Even when Essendon were a finals team they never played that well in Adelaide, so what made them schedule this on a Friday night? Not only that but there has never been a more certain result than this one. Adelaide 1.07 and the buildup to the game has been poor. The crowd atmosphere didn't sound good at the start of the game and ever since Essendon kicked the first goal, Adelaide sealed the game when they hit the front. One of the most dull contests I've ever seen, nothing really makes it worth watching. Worst game of all time in fact.

So out of 10 games, maybe 3 were good.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest before I get back to my uni work.

Why cant you just sit back and enjoy watching the highly-skilled Crows? No matter how biased supporters can be, they can generally appreciate a side when they're playing well.

eddiesmith said:
Thats why games like this should be on Saturday or Sunday when people can watch another game, FNF should be the best game of the round not the worst

And the AFL can predict before the season which games are going to be 'the best'? You're a fool. We had to sit through tonnes of 'Collingwood blockbusters' on Friday night when you were sh.it, so suck it up.

Cassius_Clay said:
They are good compared to the games that channel 10 show on saturday afternoons.

Agreed, is it just me or does any game Christian commentate turn out to be :D:D:D:D

pjcrows said:
And the AFL can predict before the season which games are going to be 'the best'? You're a fool. We had to sit through tonnes of 'Collingwood blockbusters' on Friday night when you were sh.it, so suck it up.
Well can you tell us the last time Essendon put up a fight at AAMI stadium? Yet every year it is on a Friday night

Funny how everyone complained about us, but each of those years the bombers had the same or even more FNF games and no one complained, this year they have a large number again, yet we are the ones who get the prime spot?

eddiesmith said:
Well can you tell us the last time Essendon put up a fight at AAMI stadium? Yet every year it is on a Friday night

Funny how everyone complained about us, but each of those years the bombers had the same or even more FNF games and no one complained, this year they have a large number again, yet we are the ones who get the prime spot?

When do Collingwood put up a fight in Brisbane? That game always seemed to be a Thursday of Friday night 'blockbuster'.

Ron said:
I'm quite enjoying this game actually.
You got money on the Crows? You're anti-Sheedy?

pjcrows said:
And the AFL can predict before the season which games are going to be 'the best'?
You'd think they would have some idea. Seems to me whenever I want a blockbuster, the last game I would turn to is a Victorian side who finished bottom 4 at the time of fixturing against the minor premier at their home ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back