Autopsy AFL Game Day experience is getting worse every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the PA really loud at games though? Maybe the music can be but I wouldn't think it's louder than the roar of the crowds. I would say it is much less than other sports like rugby, nbl and any American sport

My advice to someone with a child like this is headphones. It's what I used of my kids when they were little and the noise was too much
The roar of the crowd is an ephemeral part of the game, people enjoy it for the short time it happens. Quarter time is for talking with friends, not 6 minutes of constant aural assaults.

...and I wouldn't look to the other sports for any leadership in this regard, particularly American sports.

Yeah of course with kids headphones are a winner. Would be nice to talk to them at quarter time too though.

I love blinding digital advertising, kiss cam, dance offs, crap music and expensive rubbish. It's living
Yep, this is all the stuff that will probably lead me to think that it all not worth the trip at some point.
I think I almost reached it in in first week of finals at Cats first final and their was music after every goal in the match.

It isn't the "stops away" which is the issue. It's the fact the majority of the trains from the east and south-east stop at Flinders and you have to change.
Live past dandenong? You also have to change at dandenong for a connecting service

Trains to the east and south-east often cancelled at no notice after the footy. Countless times I was stuck in the city (before 24 hr weekend services obviously) because they'd cancelled the trains with no replacement
Sounds like your issue is with Metro rather than Marvel

I am old which I will admit but have no interest now in attending in person. The last time I attended at Marvel, it wasnt just the noise between quarters , which I can deal with but the 3 levels of flashing lights DURING play.I found this distracting and quite intolerable after a while.
I understand that I am not the demographic that the AFL is chasing but seriously.
I contrast the AFL with US sport with clean stadia , grounds and players uniforms.I understand that the financial numbers are much stronger in the states but I still cannot handle an advertisement on the footy itself.
At least we havent got to the Rugby league stage where its alsmost impossible to discern the identity of the team amongst the ads on teh jumper.

If your trying to tell me that a catering company that sells crap overpriced food and makes massive profits from it is the best we can do then I would disagree.
I’m trying to tell you that you have no understanding of what it takes to cater a stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can cap prices and demand some healthy alternative foods and stop selling the rights for massive amounts of money. It's not that hard.
I've heard first hand that it is simply whoever pays the MCG the biggest bribe/licence fee gets the gig. That's all there is to it.

Take that out and all of a sudden the pressure on your margins is not so bad.

And your brain is branded with 10 different sponsors for junk food, gambling, car insurance and other crap.

I couldn't name a single ground sponsor other than those McCafe ads they do on the screen

You don't understand how advertising works. It's all in the back of your brain and you'll choose that product without knowing why. They use all sorts of methods for branding.
Nah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back