Opinion From Blues to tigers. GHF thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes
5 - Hill
4 - Ibbo
3 - Neale
2 - Mayne
1 - Mundy
Mayne's return to form was a good sign. Shame he couldn't bag the 5th which would have looked nice on his goal kicking cv.

Griffen offered more than Zarke.

Whilst there are panic merchants on the board I still think that RTB has a deliberate plan to get us peaking at the right time (finals).

If you were to draw up a chart for the ideal season it would be to blast out of the blocks, coast through the mid point of the season, then crank it up again as finals approach. I think RTB (after learning from his mistakes at St Kilda) is finally putting on a coaching master class this season.

Dawson, Silvagni will be back soon. I would like RTB to consider resting McPharlin when we get personnel back.

Mayne's return to form was a good sign. Shame he couldn't bag the 5th which would have looked nice on his goal kicking cv.

Griffen offered more than Zarke.

Whilst there are panic merchants on the board I still think that RTB has a deliberate plan to get us peaking at the right time (finals).

If you were to draw up a chart for the ideal season it would be to blast out of the blocks, coast through the mid point of the season, then crank it up again as finals approach. I think RTB (after learning from his mistakes at St Kilda) is finally putting on a coaching master class this season.

Dawson, Silvagni will be back soon. I would like RTB to consider resting McPharlin when we get personnel back.
Disagree that RTB is planning all this but I do think that the timing is ok. Still feel as though we could use another confidence booster prior to the Tiges as we still look shakey off HB. Either way I'm praying for payback!

When you consider that Mayne should have had 5, Pav could easily have had 5 and Walters could have had 4 - clearly we were functioning a lot better tonight.

I think RTB needs to persist with Tabs.

Griffin didn't look out of place and he attacked the footy really well. I thought he was cooked but he might offer something after all.
Much more in the vein of the Hawks talls wasn't he. Just hard at it and imposed himself at the contest.

Disagree that RTB is planning all this but I do think that the timing is ok. Still feel as though we could use another confidence booster prior to the Tiges as we still look shakey off HB. Either way I'm praying for payback!
For whatever reason the AFL sees fit to only give us a couple of games at the G each year.

Standing in RTB's shoes I think he will use our next game as a "grand final war game". He will give the players and (probably most importantly the support staff) to do a "dry run" for a crunch game at the G.

I think RTB will take things up a gear next week.

Griffin didn't look out of place and he attacked the footy really well. I thought he was cooked but he might offer something after all.
Griffen had a great run during our 2013 campaign. I think it is a master stroke by RTB to re-inject him into the firsts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His ability to break the lines with foot speed was excellent. I think RTB needs to stick with him.

Yeah, he was awesome before he did his knee that year.
Later in the year - if we have locked down a top 2 spot - I would be open to RTB resting Sandi and just playing Griffen and Zarke. Sandi is a great tap ruckman but the top teams (like the Hawks) are able to neutralise his tap work and then kill him around the ground. If we went with Griffen and Zarke we would have 2 very mobile ruckman in the team which would give us a different look.

Later in the year - if we have locked down a top 2 spot - I would be open to RTB resting Sandi and just playing Griffen and Zarke. Sandi is a great tap ruckman but the top teams (like the Hawks) are able to neutralise his tap work and then kill him around the ground. If we went with Griffen and Zarke we would have 2 very mobile ruckman in the team which would give us a different look.
Zarke will need to recapture his form from the start of the year for that to happen.

If
5. A Pearce

A Pearce is a gem and importantly he was quiet creative today.

If we had all defenders back from injury and available what would your ideal defence look like?

I know this may be considered heresy but I think Luke could struggle to hold his spot if Dawson and Jono were also back.

I'm not sure I totally agree with having a thread for people to be solely positive in.

Sounds like it could lead to more work for us, but we will trial it if people feel there is a need.
Nah, its not about being soley positive as you can see from the initial posts. Just about keeping an more assertive outlook on the current season and not getting bogged down in feuds. If anything, this should make less work for you :)

Nah, its not about being soley positive as you can see from the initial posts. Just about keeping an more assertive outlook on the current season and not getting bogged down in feuds. If anything, this should make less work for you :)
But when people bring opposing ideas, those that disagree are going to have a cry and want us to step in to keep the thread on their terms.

Better just to have it out like we've always done.

I think people complaining about how we played after a win would argue that they're keeping a wider view on the whole season.

Feuds are bound to happen, even in the happy happy joy joy world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back