FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be completely shocked if the Crypt is not full of undead, slaughtering the living who are sheltering there.

The writers have all the subtlety of a sledgehammer, since they no longer have GRR Martin's material to draw from. They couldn't have been less subtle about it, given the number of times we were told that the women & children were going to be sheltering in the crypt, and that the crypt was safe. Then there's the spoilers in the trailers, with Arya running through the crypt and Jon saying that the dead were "already here".

The chances of the crypt becoming a slaughterhouse are 100%.

There have been a number of comments on other sites to the effect that those 'buried' in the crypt will rise to defend Winterfell. Apparently there are a bunch of hints about 'old magic' and history, etc. related to the Night king's history that suggest this might happen.

I can't say any of it seemed completely convincing, but it's not outside the realms of possibility either.

Why bother?

Her whole purpose has been about finding the hero and fighting the night king...she found the hero (Jon) and went off to collect her forces for the fight.

Missing THE battle would make her entire story pretty pointless. (realistically, it could happen, but plot wise...)

The only way she wont be in ep3 is if the battle extends into ep4 too (leave it on a cliffhanger with all looking gloomy...Quite possible).
Built off it being a retreat and a second fight at KL. This is going to be the big’un but I think the real final fight will involve Cersei in KL. She shows up there when Azor Azhai is revealed- and IMO it will actually be Jamie.

There have been a number of comments on other sites to the effect that those 'buried' in the crypt will rise to defend Winterfell. Apparently there are a bunch of hints about 'old magic' and history, etc. related to the Night king's history that suggest this might happen.

I can't say any of it seemed completely convincing, but it's not outside the realms of possibility either.
Their rising is almost certain. Which side they fight for... All of Ep2's foreshadowing says the NK, so fighting for the living would be a twist. The writers haven't produced a single twist since leaving the books behind.

Built off it being a retreat and a second fight at KL. This is going to be the big’un but I think the real final fight will involve Cersei in KL. She shows up there when Azor Azhai is revealed- and IMO it will actually be Jamie.
You're getting two prophesies confused.

Azor Asai is about killing the NK. This is the one which requires AA to plunge his sword into the heart of his lover, thereby infusing it with their soul, and using the newly infused sword to kill the NK.

The Valonqar prophecy is about Cersei being killed by her younger brother. Both Jamie & Tyrion fit the bill.

You're getting two prophesies confused.

Azor Asai is about killing the NK. This is the one which requires AA to plunge his sword into the heart of his lover, thereby infusing it with their soul, and using the newly infused sword to kill the NK.

The Valonqar prophecy is about Cersei being killed by her younger brother. Both Jamie & Tyrion fit the bill.
Jamie arguably fits both by killing Cersei though.

I see where you're coming from, and if the series was open ended, I might agree, but with only 4 episodes to go, I think they need to wrap this up pretty quick.

3) battle with NK
4) aftermath, buildup to battle with Cersei
5) dealing with Cersei (not sure it will actually be a battle)
6) Wrapping things up. (not for happy ending, but closure)

Could Azor Asai be Arya or perhaps Gendry? (gendered pronouns notwithstanding)

Makes that scene a lot more significant...

Their rising is almost certain. Which side they fight for... All of Ep2's foreshadowing says the NK, so fighting for the living would be a twist. The writers haven't produced a single twist since leaving the books behind.
Uh.. Yeah except Jon's parents of course.

Possible couples for Azor Asai if 'he' has to be there for the battle.

Jon/Dany
Grey Worm/Missandrei
Sam/Gilly
Gendry/Arya
Jamie/Cersei

The last 2 carry question marks - G/A being new (at least physically), J/C being both past and she isn't there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the love?

But seriously, the prophesy says the sword was originally created by sacrificing his love... If that needs to be repeated is an open question.

As for love...it comes in many forms, and new love can sometimes be (or at least seem) to be the biggest.

The Red Priestess will somehow ritually explode and along with dragon fire, consume winterfell in flame with the dragons helping her roast anything above the crypts should the winged beasties live. The Mad King said "Burn them all!!" and burn they will. Episode 3 is gonna get all hot n steamy, the wife and I will be rocking a cheese platter with a nice heavy red to wash it down :) Bring on next Monday!! As a reader, it must be hard for the TV series to do Martins work justice but bugger me they have done well.

My favorite scene would have to be the Hound forcing Polliver to feed him "every ******* chicken in this room" haha.

Possible couples for Azor Asai if 'he' has to be there for the battle.

Jon/Dany
Grey Worm/Missandrei
Sam/Gilly
Gendry/Arya
Jamie/Cersei.

I like Sam/Gilly because they foreshadowed some of this as a possibility. Sam talking about being the 1st to kill a WW , the Craster baby , Sam finding dragon glass etc

The only issue is he gave his sword (or his fathers sword) to Jorah. But I can see a moment that Jorah is stumbling through the crypts and Sam grabs the sword and kills Gilly after she is made a WW , then turns around and faces the NK

But thats just rampant speculation on my part

I like Sam/Gilly because they foreshadowed some of this as a possibility. Sam talking about being the 1st to kill a WW , the Craster baby , Sam finding dragon glass etc

The only issue is he gave his sword (or his fathers sword) to Jorah. But I can see a moment that Jorah is stumbling through the crypts and Sam grabs the sword and kills Gilly after she is made a WW , then turns around and faces the NK

But thats just rampant speculation on my part

Sam would be an interesting candidate, and it all does fit, technically at least, but he's not really the 'great hero' type...I can't exactly see him beating the NK in a duel, so if it were to happen it'd be a lucky/accidental strike, or require some mega magical whammy.

Stranger things have happened though.

I think some people have missed the scene where Varys talks about power to Tyrion and spells out to the audience that power is a trick, it’s where people believe it is. No one’s going to believe it’s in Gendry.
True. So why would anyone follow Jon as a Targ but not Jon as a Stark? None of Danys supporters will switch because none of them are supporting her because of her lineage. Its all kind of pointless.

Jon Snow coming back to life?

That was heavily hinted at in the books. That theory has been around for a long time.
Yep, it's been widely accepted since the first book was released.

Most viewers aren't book readers. Without book readers spreading their theory via the internet it would've been a surprise. Until the Ned Stark flashbacks the show didn't hint at it. Binge watchers will be wholly surprised.

Last edited:
Season 1 was wonderful. Nobody cared about books. Somewhere in season 2-3 is when that went to s**t. Got the last laugh at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back