Education & Reference GD Atlas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Or is it?

A popular but incorrect tale among local guides is that the larger island is in Canada, while "Little Zavikon Island" is in the United States, and the footbridge between them is the "shortest international bridge in the world".

They definitely play it up. That whole Thousand Island area is all over the place. Not that it matters too much. Canada/USA has largest undefended border in the world.

Went to surfers paradise for first time in 3 years yesterday. The hospital my gf is in is on the tram line there so when she was in surgery and recovery i caught tram in, walked around, shook my head and caught tram back.
That’ll do me for another 10 years

Surfers rulez.

Is that where the dressing comes from?

On a related note, I only just found out ranch dressing is not so named because of associations with cattle and cowboys and such, but it was actually because a chef named William Ranch at a New York restaurant in the 1930s created it when he accidentally mixed mayonnaise and buttermilk, but because it was during the Depression instead of throwing it out he sampled it and found it delicious.

Also I made that all up.

In the last days of when it was acceptable for a teacher to hit a kid my Social Studies teacher belted me over the head with an atlas for talking while he was.
Love this sort of thing and pleasingly during the bonus week off the McGowan gave us, discovered ‘Geography King’ on You Tube. All about America, but some rally interesting stuff. Easy to watch and listen to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The China timezone is the one that gets me. I mean, I know they don't care about the west of the country that much but they must be getting some pretty late sunsets.
As far as I can tell with 10 seconds of research, the sun can set as late as 9.30/10pm in summer in Urumqi, one the larger cities out west.

The sun also rises as late as 8.45am in the winter months.

As far as I can tell with 10 seconds of research, the sun can set as late as 9.30/10pm in summer in Urumqi, one the larger cities out west.

The sun also rises as late as 8.45am in the winter months.

That's not as bad as I thought actually. I kind of liked it when I lived in Edmonton and the sun didn't set until 11pm. Was good for summer BBQs.

That's not as bad as I thought actually. I kind of liked it when I lived in Edmonton and the sun didn't set until 11pm. Was good for summer BBQs.

Imagine living in a place where the sun doesnt set at all.

Need some seriously heavy duty block out blinds..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back