Review Geelong d Gold Coast by 85 points - Rd 11, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

What were the 'couple'? There was the contact in the marking contest which wasnt there, sure..... That was our 6th goal, and was a s**t decision.

There was our second goal, when Hawkins was clearly taken high in a poor tackle, which came about because it was him versus Harbrow, a giant vs a midget after a ruck contest. You could see Harbrows hand over the shoulder. How was it lucky at all?

Other than that, we received 3 other free kicks which resulted in goals, all of which were there!! None of those were to Hawkins.
The high tackle was a favorable call for Hawkins because it could easily have not been paid and normally wouldn't be awarded to Hawkins. In previous matches even the mark he took has seen the umpire call a free against him for just being stronger in the contest and using his body better than his opponent.

I was just making a point that he was on the postive side of the umpires (particularly the first half), especially in comparison to recent times

Not even soft-just an incorrect call. Miller had his back to the ball. Dangerfield just took a mark under significant duress don’t you think!?

This is exactly the discussion I've been having with cats_09, winty + Nakia

Did you see my image, romeohwho?

Dangerfield - Mark-FreeAgainst.png

I reckon it was a wrong call too. Perhaps the umpire trying to get Suns back in the game? ;););)

The soles of his boots twinkled like lights on a xmas tree,no lights around the outside of the sole just underneath so you could only see them as he ran directly away from you,he may have only worn them or turned them on in the last quarter we spotted them first after he kicked that great goal from the pocket.RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME,RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME:D

Wow! They sound awesome! Will have a look at the replay + hopefully will see them.

So where were you when Gaz kicked his great goal from the pocket?

This is exactly the discussion I've been having with cats_09, winty + Nakia

Did you see my image, romeohwho?

View attachment 506388

I reckon it was a wrong call too. Perhaps the umpire trying to get Suns back in the game? ;););)
Sorry missed your chat and image-which shows it clearly. Yep, agree-just a really good mark to Dangerfield and a free to him on top of that. Bizarre that Miller got the free.

Had to laugh perusing through the autopsy thread on the GC board. They were happy they got 17,000 people to a game, and then laughed at how people call them a plastic franchise.

If any other team got only 17,000 to a home game in weather like yesterday, it'd be cause for concern, but it's a cause of celebration to our friends in SE Queensland.

GCS management were ecstatic to get 17k, we also need to remember that Geelong had a good following at the ground.

Dangerfield is aptly named,he was in true beast mode last night as hard at the ball and player as ever SNR was and that's saying something,very caring though he was inquiring on the interchange how Buzza was after trying to break his arm, with a big smile on his face.LOL.

I thought Dangerfield was much better last night, moving better than the past few weeks + seemed to be really enjoying the game. Did you notice him patting some of the Kittens on the head when they'd done well? Imagine how encouraging that is for them?

I've jumped on the JJ bandwagon + am a real fan.

One thing I've noticed is when JJ kicks a goal, has a celebration routine, but doesn't get to finish it because all the players are congratulating him :rainbow:

Well, that's fantastic! I hope you turned cartwheels!
We carted a 7 year old with us that's why we sat down at the fence he got to slap hands with a few Cats players post game including the big Tomahawk, the young bloke had a smile like split watermelon all the way home.

We carted a 7 year old with us that's why we sat down at the fence he got to slap hands with a few Cats players post game including the big Tomahawk, the young bloke had a smile like split watermelon all the way home.
Oh! What a thrill for him! Tomahawk is wonderful with kids. He'll remember that game for the rest of his life. Was it his first Cats' game?

I've jumped on the JJ bandwagon + am a real fan.

One thing I've noticed is when JJ kicks a goal, has a celebration routine, but doesn't get to finish it because all the players are congratulating him :rainbow:
JJ, Linc and Parfitt is a dangerous combo for our Forwardline, I was so please to see them not only working well together but each player brought something unique and different to the forward line.

JJ marshalled the higher forward area and up the ground doing all the small 1%

Parfitt marshalled the pickets and higher forward area linking up the plays

Where Linc marshalled the deep forward and did all the flashy bits and forward pressuring

So pleased...Just wish Sav was still there :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JJ, Linc and Parfitt is a dangerous combo for our Forwardline, I was so please to see them not only working well together but each player brought something unique and different to the forward line.

JJ marshalled the higher forward area and up the ground doing all the small 1%

Parfitt marshalled the pickets and higher forward area linking up the plays

Where Linc marshalled the deep forward and did all the flashy bits and forward pressuring

So pleased...Just wish Sav was still there :(

Plus Linc with two goals + JJ + Parfitt one goal each - all played their role, which is all we should expect. Sav #Horrors :'(:'(:'(

Oh! What a thrill for him! Tomahawk is wonderful with kids. He'll remember that game for the rest of his life. Was it his first Cats' game?
No he's seen a few We took him to a game at KP last year,he comes from Buzza country and plays Rugby League,he couldn't shut up about scoring a try and breaking a kids collar bone that morning,and just gives it to us when Geelong players miss a tackle,he doesn't get that bit at all.Loves Paddy.

I find the cyncism around Buzza to be a little bit of confirmation bias; we know he was almost the last pick in the draft, he's a rugby convert, and doesn't look a footballer.
Buzza played NRL, not Rugby

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...g/news-story/22562fbc877a92f72384eea9e8dc5b35
"Rugby League was my main sport but when I was 15 I had a mate who had the idea of taking the day off school to try out for this schoolboy thing."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...g/news-story/22562fbc877a92f72384eea9e8dc5b35

Got it-thanks for the Hello Kitty. Too far from the contest? Makes some kind of sense looking at it that way.
Still where is the ump’s sense of theatre? The game needs all the ‘show’ it can muster atm.:cool:

One part of our game that I really loved was several of our players getting the ball at full pace and breaking through the lines. Duncan, Danger, Kelly, Jones, Stewart, Kolo all did it at different stages from memory
Good point. This will be important when we are playing on the G aswell.

Ablett & Duncan with 13 score involvements each.

Cunico with most metres gained (564).

Good signs
There was a comment last night by Hudson (I think) that Ablett, Danger + Duncan had 100 Disposals between them + that was during the game.

In Q2 Geelong kicked 7.6 to Suns 0.1. Cats had 123 Disposals to the Suns’ 55 + still laid three more Tackles. Duncan began at the back of the Centre Square + did as he pleased - 16 Disposals for the term, + by half-time, 22 disposals + nine score involvements, with only two Contested Possessions.

Geelong kicked five goals from Intercepts in their F50 in the first half + another three from Free Kicks near to the Goal Square.

There was a huge difference in Handballs, Geelong 206 to GCS 97, but it wasn't from over handballing, for which Geelong is criticised. Geelong was first to the Ball + moved it more effectively + efficiently.

Got it-thanks for the Hello Kitty. Too far from the contest? Makes some kind of sense looking at it that way.
Still where is the ump’s sense of theatre? The game needs all the ‘show’ it can muster atm.:cool:

I tend to agree with cats_09 saying it was too far from the contest. It was a terrific contest, which Dangerfield ultimately won, despite the Free Kick. But honestly, it was really soft. As for "Still where is the ump’s sense of theatre?" - well, that's the umpires grandstanding + imposing themselves upon the game! Grrrrrrr!

There must be a bit of cats fans that live up the Gold Coast?

Could be. The other reason is that the Gold Coast is just gorgeous this time of year + it's a terrific break from the bleak Victorian Winter, so I think Geelong supporters enjoy visiting the GC. Plus it was Gaz's first game in the Hoops, playing his old team, another good reason, which was well rewarded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back