Geelong for the flag in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the way the WB and Richmond won flags you'd think Scott would push Danger forward more often. Hawkins might just find himself pushed out if Buzza comes on, Crameri is fit and Menzel can play that half forward pressure role.

Taylor will stay down back for sure. No way he'd go forward with Lonergan & Mackie retired.
buzza is a dead set spud. hawkins kicked fifty goals this year. again. yeah hawkins has nothing to worry about.

If you're writing off Geelong, you're an idiot. Just like if you said Richmond would do a WB and not play finals. It's a laughable comment.

Backline - Taylor, Tuohy, Kolodjashnij, Stewart will comprise the core of that outfit. That's a pretty good line up, definitely something that can be worked with and a defensive six built around.

Midfield - Dangerfield, Duncan and Selwood are the key drivers, with hopefully Cockatoo stepping up and in more permanently. Guthrie can go down back where he can be used more effectively and Scott Selwood can play that hard support role. Of course then there is Ablett.

Forward - I reckon Ablett can release Dangerfield up forward, as he is so good there and I think Hawkins will benefit with him around. Parfitt, Menzel, Gregson, and McCarthy are more than handy around goal.

Smith, Bews, Buzza, Murdoch, Menegola
all compliment their respective positions well. By all reports Charlie Constable could be the pick of the draft, so good get by Geelong there. Don't forget Crameri if fit is a pretty useful get.

The absolute core group of a top 4 side is there, I can't see any reason why that side falls away next year. They will miss the years of experience of Mackie & Lonergan, but that backline isn't a liability and don't discount how a happy and fit Ablett will be if all goes well.

Best case outcome - Flag
Worst Case - 6th to 8th
you missed out best defender in henderson. Guthrie is also going back and he will be our beat small defender if he does.

danger kicked 8 more goals then martin in 2017.

Again, so imagine the impact if he spent his time playing forward/mid like Dusty. I don't think comprehension is a strong point for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep great midfield but they lack quality everywhere else, i guess that's the price of sustained success in this competition, sure they'll make finals and may even win one but that is where the story will end IMO.

Gun key back and key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, so imagine the impact if he spent his time playing forward/mid like Dusty. I don't think comprehension is a strong point for you?

why are you comparing him to dusty then? A far inferior forward. A better comparison would be to ablett senior circa 1992.

why are you comparing him to dusty then? A far inferior forward. A better comparison would be to ablett senior circa 1992.

No, the point being made is time spent as a mid/forward and the ratio of time spent there. Danger kicked 6 goals (?) on one leg against Hawthorn. You guys are so defensive now on any rational debate.
I'm actually praising Dangers work up forward and the topic is whether the cats can win the flag in 2018 yeah?
As for the inferior forward remark, there's alot more to assess than individual goal scoring numbers. Pressure ratings, assists etc.

Top four again I'd imagine, from there you give yourself a chance.

After that, it's crystal sherrin time.

I have a feeling Geelong will knock the Swans out again this year, hopefully in the last match of the year.

Reckon they'll finish 5-10th.. Don't be suprised if they don't make finals or finish in the lower part of the 8..
They traded Lang for a 34 year old Ablett? Yeah it's Ablett and he's a freak but a few have gone past him in the years past..
Selwood, Danger, Gazza, Duncan, Guthrie.. Who kicks the goals? No motlop? Menzel is only there because nobody else would offer him a contract? Hawkins just can't do it on his own which is fair enough and Taylor plays down back the best..

Hawkins is ok but Harry has been in decline for a while, best defender in the comp 3-4 years ago but father time catches all.
His 2nd last game he kept Franklin goalless. In a final no less.
I recall people writing off Lonergan as cooked circa 2014. Was still stopping FF's in 2017.

If you're writing off Geelong, you're an idiot. Just like if you said Richmond would do a WB and not play finals. It's a laughable comment.

Backline - Taylor, Tuohy, Kolodjashnij, Stewart will comprise the core of that outfit. That's a pretty good line up, definitely something that can be worked with and a defensive six built around.

Midfield - Dangerfield, Duncan and Selwood are the key drivers, with hopefully Cockatoo stepping up and in more permanently. Guthrie can go down back where he can be used more effectively and Scott Selwood can play that hard support role. Of course then there is Ablett.

Forward - I reckon Ablett can release Dangerfield up forward, as he is so good there and I think Hawkins will benefit with him around. Parfitt, Menzel, Gregson, and McCarthy are more than handy around goal.

Smith, Bews, Buzza, Murdoch, Menegola
all compliment their respective positions well. By all reports Charlie Constable could be the pick of the draft, so good get by Geelong there. Don't forget Crameri if fit is a pretty useful get.

The absolute core group of a top 4 side is there, I can't see any reason why that side falls away next year. They will miss the years of experience of Mackie & Lonergan, but that backline isn't a liability and don't discount how a happy and fit Ablett will be if all goes well.

Best case outcome - Flag
Worst Case - 6th to 8th
Excellent summation I'd reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back