Geelong hasn't finished in the bottom 4 since 1986

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong are unlikely to finish bottom 4 for as long as they play 8-9+ games on their unusually skinny ground that is unlike any other that nobody ever plays at.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geelong are unlikely to finish bottom 4 for as long as they play 8-9+ games on their unusually skinny ground that is unlike any other that nobody ever plays at.

Their last 3 games there haven't been anything to write home about.

You've gotta be in it yo win it, great work by Hawks.

In that time frame :

Hawthorn - 9 gf for 7 flags
Geelong - 10 gf for 4 flags
West Coast - 7 gf for 4 flags
Sydney - 7 gf for 2 flags
Collingwood 6gf for 2 flags
Brisbane - 4 for 3
Richmond - 3 for 3
Carlton - 3 for 2
North - 3 for 2
Essendon - 3 for 2
Adelaide - 3 for 2
Melbourne - 3 for 1
Port - 2 for 1
Bulldogs - 2 for 1
St Kilda - 3 for 0
Fremantle - 1 for 0
GWS - 1 for 0

87 win, 93 loss, 95 win, 99 loss, we are 2 from 4

Yeah nah, if they aren’t that good they will finish lower.

A bit like west coast, people seem to claim it’s easy for them to make finals, just win most home games, forgetting if you are really bad you are bad wherever you play.

How many times have Hawthorn finished bottom 4 since 1986?
Still won more flags than anybody else. What kind of of an attempt at a sledge is that? It's like the Freo fans giving a few of us grief yesterday which we all laughed at. People seem to forget we have never been down a super long time in the past 50 years. 1991-2008 was the biggest drought since that period. You don't win a prize for not finishing bottom 4. Couldn't care less how chuffed that seems to get all cats fans too. Hawthorn shouldn't be brought into this sort of debate so don't try and bait.

Still won more flags than anybody else. What kind of of an attempt at a sledge is that? It's like the Freo fans giving a few of us grief yesterday which we all laughed at. People seem to forget we have never been down a super long time in the past 50 years. 1991-2008 was the biggest drought since that period. You don't win a prize for not finishing bottom 4. Couldn't care less how chuffed that seems to get all cats fans too. Hawthorn shouldn't be brought into this sort of debate so don't try and bait.
We've won the same number of premierships as Hawthorn in the 21st century, except we have a far superior win rate.
Who cares. Keep hanging your hat on a meaningless stat because it makes you feel better as things look to be turning the other way for you now.
We haven't sacked a coach since 1988 either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've gotta be in it yo win it, great work by Hawks.

In that time frame :

Hawthorn - 9 gf for 7 flags
Geelong - 10 gf for 4 flags
West Coast - 7 gf for 4 flags
Sydney - 7 gf for 2 flags
Collingwood 6gf for 2 flags

Brisbane - 4 for 3
Richmond - 3 for 3
Carlton - 3 for 2
North - 3 for 2
Essendon - 3 for 2
Adelaide - 3 for 2
Melbourne - 3 for 1
Port - 2 for 1
Bulldogs - 2 for 1
St Kilda - 3 for 0
Fremantle - 1 for 0
GWS - 1 for 0
There's a clear top 3 and then top 5 when it comes sides over the past 37 years. Sure there's been a conversion problem for Geelong and especially Sydney/Collingwood but they've still saluted multiple times and been unlucky not to have a couple more. Brisbane and Richmond popped up briefly, Brisbane have at least popped up a second time but without another GF and no other side has been consistently successful or one of the top contenders.
Congratulations

You finished 12 th
Congrats on the higher draft pick. ;)

We've won the same number of premierships as Hawthorn in the 21st century, except we have a far superior win rate.

We have won 12 since 1971. See I can bring up stats to suit an argument too.

It's an amazing quirk of the year that I still can't get my head around.
If you don’t make finals you may as well maximise your first round draft position unless you’re Richmond and you’ve traded your first round pick

We’ve finished above Geelong for the first time since 2003.

Your ride is over Geelong, hope you enjoyed it.
first time in 20 years and you still missed the Finals.

Its a great ride.... might be over ... maybe not. We will see

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back