Geelong hasn't finished in the bottom 4 since 1986

Remove this Banner Ad

Selfield

Debutant
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
The fact every other club in the league has finished in the bottom 4 at some point since 2010 is a good illustration of how consistently good we've been over a long period of time.

The last time every other club finished in the bottom 4:

• Adelaide: 2021
  • Brisbane: 2018
  • Carlton: 2019
  • Collingwood: 2021
  • Essendon: 2022
  • Fremantle: 2016
  • Gold Coast: 2021
  • GWS: 2022
  • Hawthorn: 2020
  • Melbourne: 2019
  • North Melbourne: 2022
  • Port Adelaide: 2011
  • Richmond: 2010
  • St Kilda: 2018
  • Sydney: 2020
  • West Coast: 2022
  • Western Bulldogs: 2013

West Coast bottom four 2022 but have won 4 flags since 1986 :huh:

Those are the kind of statistics that really count.

Finals is a capitalist construct to appease schoolyard children and adults with substance abuse issues. It's to make the spectacle more climatic for the low functioning fans but moreso for the clubs coffers. Since when did 3 to 4 games prove more than 22 to 24 games? "SiNcE iT wUz FiNeLz?"

Those finals statistics don't count for s**t really. At least nothing compared to what you believe. In bigger sports minor premiers are premiers. Every year somebody wins a premiership. Winning 21 games is a far rarer achievement. So is finishing top 4 10 years in a row. It's rarer & harder so do the math. Who gives a s**t about the spectacle side of it.

Why is the big shiny cup a better achievement than an actual rarer achievement? Someone has to win one every year. I suggest you change club to North if winning means nothing to you. See how you feel after a year with 4-5 wins.

Last edited:

Finals is a capitalist construct to appease schoolyard children and adults with substance abuse issues. It's to make the spectacle more climatic for the low functioning fans but moreso for the clubs coffers. Since when did 3 to 4 games prove more than 22 to 24 games? "SiNcE iT wUz FiNeLz?"

Those finals statistics don't count for s**t really. At least nothing compared to what you believe. In bigger sports minor premiers are premiers. Every year somebody wins a premiership. Winning 21 games is a far rarer achievement. So is finishing top 4 10 years in a row. It's rarer & harder so do the math. Who gives a s**t about the spectacle side of it.

Why is the big shiny cup a better achievement than an actual rarer achievement? Someone has to win one every year. I suggest you change club to North if winning means nothing to you. See how you feel after a year with 4-5 wins.

Hi Chris Scott. How are the contract extensions based on H & A performances going?

Hi Chris Scott. How are the contract extensions based on H & A performances going?
Can I ask why someone who in general displays a reasonable amount of intelligence in their posts, would arrive at the conclusion that all Chris Scott cares about is home and away ranking?

Like is there a reason if he held this position that he would continually spearhead a search for free agents and other clubs’ players and mature age draft recruits etc in a bid to NOT improve our finals performances?

Ok now this is the strangest take I’ve ever heard. Just to confirm are you are cats supporter?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can I ask why someone who in general displays a reasonable amount of intelligence in their posts, would arrive at the conclusion that all Chris Scott cares about is home and away ranking?

Like is there a reason if he held this position that he would continually spearhead a search for free agents and other clubs’ players and mature age draft recruits etc in a bid to NOT improve our finals performances?

Because he keeps getting new long-term contracts which can only be based on his H & A performance.

Because he keeps getting new long-term contracts which can only be based on his H & A performance.

Yes and he showed how much money and job security dictates his priorities by coaching for free two seasons ago….

Does ANYONE actually think about what they write, ever, on this forum?

He played for the most ruthless team of the last 30 years and he himself was one of the primary reasons they were so ruthless.

Is he really going to prioritise job security over winning the competition?

Have all the biases or people/clubs you like/don’t like that you want, but AT LEAST try and apply some reason and logic to the claims you make

I wonder what our overall win rate was in 1986 and how much it's increased since then. Surely there's a website somewhere that has historical win percentages and all time ladders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They haven’t finished last (12th) since 1958. All other 11 teams of the time have one since then, the team lasting longest being Essendon 2016 unusual circumstances.
Adelaide’s 2020 spoon meaning only port adelaide avoiding the distinction

Free Agency
Jared Rivers
Sam Blease
Scott Selwood
Luke Dahlhaus
Isaac Smith

Rivers had a couple of good years but Isaac Smith is the only real FA hit - everyone was laughing at the time of his signing though, not so much now. :smilev1:

1987 - the year Geelong started getting their players and potential recruits into can't fail property developments :)
Not much different to AFC getting players into pubs that are licenses to print money;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back