Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, the Swans were kicking with a 6 goal breeze in the last quarter:drunk:

Can't believe people are still talking flags, we have no chance in hell of winning the flag this year, ZERO, ZILCH. And it's all between the ears, we are mentally piss week. We have no mentally strong players like Chappy Scarlo Enright etc We just don't have the team worthy of a flag. I'm just going to sit back and watch the next crop come thru and try to enjoy players like Fog, Kelly and Savrat.
Hopefully Dangerfield will play until he's 40.

The "leaders" we had out there, minus Danger with some good late marks, offered next to no resistance. That's my bigger concern.
Leaders - J Selwood injured, Danger injured, Duncan NQR, Hawk injured. Then there's Harry and Lachie and Scooter and Menzel.

I'm not defending the laydown but clearly there are issues with the team in terms of fitness. Many of the young guys are doing what they can - Stewart and Henry + more. But there is a limit to what they can do.

Can't believe people are still talking flags, we have no chance in hell of winning the flag this year, ZERO, ZILCH. And it's all between the ears, we are mentally piss week. We have no mentally strong players like Chappy Scarlo Enright etc We just don't have the team worthy of a flag. I'm just going to sit back and watch the next crop come thru and try to enjoy players like Fog, Kelly and Savrat.

Incorrect. The competition is s**t barring Richmond. We are every chance

I am sorry, but the umpiring went your way most of the day. Stevic hates us, has done for years.

We have quite a long injury list as well.

We always have great contests down there, this one was no exception.

I think we should agree to disagree on that. Swans seem to do well at kp with umpiring. The Papley dive last year is permanently seared into my memory as just one example. Kennedy consistently dropping or throwing the ball today when tackled. Hopefully the cats get reverse treatment at scg.

I still think the swans deserved the win...the cats just ran out of steam thanks to lack of rotations in the end.

Hey Guys unlucky today. Another great contest between our 2 great clubs. Very proud of my team today to win at Kardinia Park. A place which I still rate as the toughest road trip in the AFL.
You guys will be right up there at the end of the season just like us. See you again at the SCG later this year !

Leaders - J Selwood injured, Danger injured, Duncan NQR, Hawk injured. Then there's Harry and Lachie and Scooter and Menzel.

I'm not defending the laydown but clearly there are issues with the team in terms of fitness. Many of the young guys are doing what they can - Stewart and Henry + more. But there is a limit to what they can do.
Correct. Fitness or will not sure which one bit clearly wasn’t there in the last qrt.

I mean s**t, anyone who watches this team know we are capable. Which is why we are all so hurt when we lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s what always happens. We get ahead of ourselves, as soon as we’re expected to win it never happens. Think the boys thought we had it won at 3QT already.

Scott took too long to put Dangerfield back into the centre in the 4th quarter it felt like to me. Stanley will always be too inconsistent, at least Esava brings that consistent effort.

Also possible the lack of rotations each week finally caught up with us, GHS out since the 2nd quarter didn’t help at all.

Good win by the Swans.
Those around me weren't happy with a Danger in the middle and thought Scott took too long to send him forward in the last

I tried to explain having him forward won't help if we can't get our hands on the ball

Injuries were our biggest enemy today. Put in Ablett, Menzel, Parfit, Taylor.
Remove Thurlow, Guthrie, Murdoch and maybe Fogarty. We probably kick another 5 goals
I think we’re getting to that cracking point.
Lots of our injuries are long term and I look at the VFL side and whilst it has 13 AFL listed players the only one’s with a senior game are Smith, Crameri and O’Connor.

Sure we get Gaz back soon but we simply can’t drop guys underperforming without it being an uncapped kid. Which is what’s testing us. We just need to hang in there and hope we don’t get more injuries. Watch now as Parfitt is out for a month, GHS doesn’t come up and Murdoch gets rubbed out for SFA and 3 kids come in.

Have to agree. Watched a hell of a lot of footy in years gone by, and this just about makes my top (bottom) 10 losses at KP that i can recall, because there's only been a bare handful where we've conceded a handy lead in fine conditions, to just lose almost without a yelp.

We get so many injuries, and we have to be the 'late-out' kings of having to swing changes, and there's not much continuity with our side this year.

I know it's a long season but there's not much to be enthused about with a last quarter like that. If somehow we can get the Big 4 on the park at once, but gee we need to get a ruckman established somehow. Since that brief flurry by Dawson Simpson in '13 until his knee, it's been a question mark at best for several years. And with Selwood and Ablett into the autumn of their careers, a bit will have to change for us to get into contention.

Against that, the last two Premiers have really shown you just have to have your act together by September, but a loss like today shakes the faith for a long time fan like me more than many other losses in the past have. I hope the players can knuckle down, but the last few years have seen these sort of losses happen periodically. And in September once is too many.
Cats supporter since 1964 here. I don't think we can do it this year.

I think we’re getting to that cracking point.
Lots of our injuries are long term and I look at the VFL side and whilst it has 13 AFL listed players the only one’s with a senior game are Smith, Crameri and O’Connor.

Sure we get Gaz back soon but we simply can’t drop guys underperforming without it being an uncapped kid. Which is what’s testing us. We just need to hang in there and hope we don’t get more injuries. Watch now as Parfitt is out for a month, GHS doesn’t come up and Murdoch gets rubbed out for SFA and 3 kids come in.

Fair point.

I disagree.

For 1 Henderson won’t be back so let’s forget about him. The football we have played this year IS good enough. Whether we can sub stain it for a period of time when it counts it the obvious question. But I think we are good enough. Not today but we will learn from that. A Lott less complacency and add a few more players and we are right in this. He tigers are the only team that worry me at the minute but so did Collingwood in 2011. We play the football that is capable. Just remember that.

We are a lot closer to the premiership than a lot of people think.
Closer to our last than our next i'm beginning to think.
Yeah that can be rewarding in it's own way.Been there done that.

I am sorry, but the umpiring went your way most of the day. Stevic hates us, has done for years.

We have quite a long injury list as well.

We always have great contests down there, this one was no exception.

Bullshit, you have half of what we have out from our best 22. I am not counting fringe players into this.

Talk about carving up the carcass. Has anyone mentioned we had 8 out of our best 22 out today?

Shocking last quarter but plenty to like today. The impulse for wholesale changes after a loss, its just a sigh of relief that bigfooty isn't on the match committee.

The bigger issue is that we were 22 points up, and yet again, got lazy and didn’t bother sustaining the workrate that got us into that position in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back