Game Day Geelong V Doggies Sat May 18th 4:35 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does worry me a little that we've got two Journeyman in two of the more important positions on the ground in CHF and Ruck

You say that like Sav has been setting the world on fire and winning games off his own boot...It's not good that we are missing Stanley, he has been great, but lets not overstate the contribution Sav has been making.

You say that like Sav has been setting the world on fire and winning games off his own boot...It's not good that we are missing Stanley, he has been great, but lets not overstate the contribution Sav has been making.

Fair enough, as long as Fort can create a contest and drag defenders away from Hawk I'll be happy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well that sort of says Fort forward..
I wonder if Stanley in doubt also played a role in Sav having a rest - this way we are playing 2 guys who can spend extended periods of time in the ruck if required, compared with one recognised but newish ruck & part-time backup

Tom Atkins on KROCK

Bit of an hip rotator muscle issue - had a fitness test yesterday should be good for next week.

Biggest change for him is backing up performances week in and week out - being on all the time. You cant take any time off in AFL at all.

Both physically and mentally - you can't be hating what you do and play well.

Said that being ready at 19 might not have happened for him - he needed the time to get athletically better and develop more and the experience has closed the difference between the two.

Its been hard for him to get here but its really paying off now.

No real surprises about being an AFL player - but was well versed in what to expect. BLuey said the best part has to be getting paid LOL.
Tom straight batted that one.

His old man was a hard player and he's followed on his footsteps - he tries to play hard every game.

Had no real expectations going into the year but that the club wanted him to play the role he is playing.

From the first sessions he knew had work to do - but he could see that he was training in the top 18 preseason and started getting the vibe that he might get into the AFL side.

Admitted that he didnt train as hard as he could of late last year - but he's picked that up considerably and its paying off.

When it came to running - he tried to hang with anyone but didnt give any names.

Said that people dont recognise him too much yet but he likes it when they do - when he was kid he was a fan of Domsy and Mack a bit.

Impressed that Darcy Fort was getting a game and that for him to keep developing is a great story and he'll do well.

Tommy said he never had the thought of quitting the AFL dream.

Reckons the mid season draft players will be able to make an impact at AFL level - good for mature age players to get in.

Atkins got a 2 year deal when he signed so he's good now. (will have to update CATSCAN contracts now!!)

Fry Pan Arse has not stuck to Jordan Clark.

He has has a fish Souva and still loves them.

Go Catters

Why do you say Parfitt's form is down? He has had a couple of games this year around his quad injury that were average, but certainly didn't stink it up.

Last week he was one of our most important midfielders feeding our forwardline and had a great game?

I also like Chook, and expect he will continue to stamp his claims on a first grade spot soon enough.
Perhaps my expectations are high? Played quite well against Collingwood, Melbourne, GWS + North. Would like to see him play Forward - High Half Forward when required. I thought when playing in a Midfield role, with his Defensive pressure, he might kick more goals, so far two goals from nine games. I understand he's playing a different role, but I'd play him Forward with Atkins injured. He's third at the Club for Tackles, but average for Disposals. I really like Parfitt, I suppose I had high hopes. Might also see Parfitt + Constable sharing Midfield + Forward roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was good the whole finals series.
Although I partly agree with you they have just wiped about 750k off the next two years of cap payments.
And let's face it. You'd pay 20 mil for a flag.
Maybe (Interesting sub thread -what’s a flag worth?)
Not like he tore the games open and they couldn’t have done it without him. Another player could have done what he did and continued on to be a force for them down the track. It’s possible that him swanning around in the magoos or whatever, on big bucks might not have sat too well in recent years with teammates in a workmanlike team such as the doggies where a whole team ‘buy in’ was part of their shtick.
Anyway good on the guy for recognising his issues and pulling the pin (assuming he wasn’t given the nudge)

Parfitt will also go forward at times and play off the half-forward line. So sometimes it may seem that his numbers are down but he is playing a different role to when he is just running through the midfield - wouldn't be surprised if Parfitt spends more time forward today, especially with Atkins out and that Constable takes some of his midfield minutes
SNAP!

I never do Kitty! 😉
GWS says "Hi" 😜

Parfit need to starting finding it... his role will come under pressure soon.
I think so too. Plus I like all that Constable offers. Still, would love to see them both in the team.

Why do you say Parfitt's form is down? He has had a couple of games this year around his quad injury that were average, but certainly didn't stink it up.

Last week he was one of our most important midfielders feeding our forwardline and had a great game?

I also like Chook, and expect he will continue to stamp his claims on a first grade spot soon enough.
Seems like I have company 😊
Parfit need to starting finding it... his role will come under pressure soon.
Parfitt shouldn't be playing like a 15 gamer anymore. But he is.
His explosiveness to make a tackle, paddle the ball into space, get onto the end of a chain etc is not there.

If the quad is the reason then rest.
If effort is the reason then drop.

Last chance for me. Although I did say that last week.

Perhaps my expectations are high? Played quite well against Collingwood, Melbourne, GWS + North. Would like to see him play Forward - High Half Forward when required. I thought when playing in a Midfield role, with his Defensive pressure, he might kick more goals, so far two goals from nine games. I understand he's playing a different role, but I'd play him Forward with Atkins injured. He's third at the Club for Tackles, but average for Disposals. I really like Parfitt, I suppose I had high hopes. Might also see Parfitt + Constable sharing Midfield + Forward roles.
My hopes too, he has a lot of class.

I agree his numbers have not really gone up on last year, but he has done his job each week and has certainly not been the worst in any single game.

I would be loathe to drop him as a special case.

Maybe (Interesting sub thread -what’s a flag worth?)
Not like he tore the games open and they couldn’t have done it without him. Another player could have done what he did and continued on to be a force for them down the track. It’s possible that him swanning around in the magoos or whatever, on big bucks might not have sat too well in recent years with teammates in a workmanlike team such as the doggies where a whole team ‘buy in’ was part of their shtick.
Anyway good on the guy for recognising his issues and pulling the pin (assuming he wasn’t given the nudge)
1/ he hasn't been swanning in the reserves. He was getting over a 6 month back injury.
2/ many believe the dogs couldn't have won the prelim without him.

And how many matches have we played on election day?

I know the final against Freo at KP was on election day - but trying to think of other matches

Seems like I have company 😊
Oh, I have definitely seen the company on these boards - some quite reputable.

I guess I am particularly surprised by calls for Parfitt to be dropped, given my perception of how he has been performing in the roles he has been asked to.

The guy is a gun. But he is behind all of Danger, Kelly, Selwood, Duncan, Ablett and Menegola for permanent midfield spots. Until they move on, drop form, or he improves to the point he can take it from them - he has to be a role player.

Oh, I have definitely seen the company on these boards - some quite reputable.

I guess I am particularly surprised by calls for Parfitt to be dropped, given my perception of how he has been performing in the roles he has been asked to.

The guy is a gun. But he is behind all of Danger, Kelly, Selwood, Duncan, Ablett and Menegola for permanent midfield spots. Until they move on, drop form, or he improves to the point he can take it from them - he has to be a role player.
He probably should be a gun.
He's not. But he has time.

I remember what Scott said to Duncan and Menzel in 2011.
Just because you're surrounded by great players doesn't mean you can't make big moments yours.

And that is what I was expecting of parfitt this year.
He shouldn't be 16th picked anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back