Preview Geelong V Essendon Sun Apr 30 1:10pm MCG - prob a country game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that went well.

93 points to the better of the Swans.

Hard to say but it gets harder this week.

Bombers are flavour of the month and looking for scalps and we get them at the G.

We are older and slower blah blah.... they are young and fast.

Mitch Duncan free to plah helps us. Chances are Ceglar gets a run too so Knevitt probably back to the magoos.
Bews comes back in you'd think so maybe Simmo goes to the sub spot?

Draper will be running amok in the ruck V Ceglar - so BLitz will have to try and contain him post centre bounces if they go that way.

Bombers have played some good stuff to this point...

CS vs BS -

We will need a 4 1/4 effort and once again, we are the hunted even thought they are higher on the ladder. They do have a shorter turnaround for sure.

They will go hard from the start and we cant let them get a run on - if they get they tails and get confident.

GO Catters

Good summary. It should be a harder game, given the recent form of the Bombers. But they'll be coming off a 5-day break too. That should help us a little later in the match when they tire.

Like you, I suspect Knevitt & Simpson might be out. However, Simpson did enough to be selected as the sub next week. We'll have to wait and see how the injury list is shaping up later in the week.

Paddy Dangerfield finally passed his game record at Adelaide last weekend. He played 154 games at Adelaide and now 155 games (and counting) at Geelong. 309 games overall.

Last edited:

With Bews back this week I could see Guthrie being rested he's not right no other changes hope Collingwood and Essendon flog the bejesus out of one another tomorrow arvo.
Did you notice Guthrie got a coach’s vote? Unclear which one.

I think you really have to wait to see how Ess perform against Coll

Ithink theve beaten GoldCoast GWS and Haw - level with StKin the last qtr - but the Saints were too good for them - they did have a nice win win against Melb last week - but where are Melb at -very hard rating alot of teams this year

Coll are just about the measuring stick in the comp at the moment - so i will be interested to see how Ess perform on Tues

Should be a good contest but geelong will win. Be good if the pies can run bombers off their legs tomorrow.

Should be a good contest but geelong will win. Be good if the pies can run bombers off their legs tomorrow.
Prefer they pummel each other to oblivion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you notice Guthrie got a coach’s vote? Unclear which one.
I wouldn't be surprised if that vote came from Longmire, and Stewart got the 1 from Scott

I wouldn't be surprised if Simpson is the sub before coming back in next week. He got a bit of a bang on the knee and has barely played any footy recently so giving him reduced minutes second week back is an option.

I assume Bews will return.

Do we go for Ceglar on the wide open MCG? Given the ground I'd prefer Blicavs but Draper and Phillips are big boys so Ceglar might match up well with them. If it's a GF I think I leave Ceglar out but it might be asking too much of Blicavs to expect him to carry the ruck week in week out at the moment.

Rohan will be out, so Simpson should stay in. K-Rock said Rohan nicked a hamstring on Saturday night.

Do we know where that's reported because it's not mentioned in the krock match write-up

I know this isn't related to our upcoming match, but thought we might get most views in this thread compared with a couple of others that may not get as much viewership - good luck to anyone entering the comp

I wouldn't be surprised if that vote came from Longmire, and Stewart got the 1 from Scott
Not sure.
I thought Cam was very good. 60% game time, and lots of involvement, great linkup play. Maybe he is less recognisable without the hair, but worth a vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back