Game Day Geelong V Richmond 2020 AFL Grand Final

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The wet favours the bigger bodied and more committed team.

We are the bigger bodied team. We are yet to see who is the more committed team.

While the Cats do have a possession game plan, this is built through winning contested possessions and clearances.

If it becomes a scrap, the it just means that it will be a battle in the trenches, with very contest a battle.

Gary Rohan, Gary Ablett, Mitch Duncan, Dustin Martin, Bachar Houli and Shia Bolton will make the biggest difference in this game with their clean and high efficiency possessions.

Great post as always. No need to panic about the rain. It's a real shame in the lead-up to a GF, in what is supposed to be an exciting day, that the rain is dampening some people's spirits.

Get excited people!!

This didn't eventuate - struggling to keep the eyes open but the nerves aren't letting me relax enough to nap 😂
I’m the same, but I’m lying on the bed with all the Cats.

I’m much calmer this afternoon. Enjoying the vibe in this thread. But nerves refusing to allow me to sleep.

So far the day has gone a bit quicker than I thought it would, four classic episodes of The Simpsons on Fox8 earlier this afternoon certainly helped pass the time. Although I'm so nervous it took me until about twenty minutes ago to eat lunch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was going to steer clear of sharing plans given lockdown in Vic but over in SA I'm going to a brewery for it. Should be good
In Vic we have drones and helicopters flying over our homes making sure that we don't leave... Lol

In Vic we have drones and helicopters flying over our homes making sure that we don't leave... Lol

Only in suburban Melbourne isn't it? Us regional folk are a lot more sensible and can be trusted to do the right thing. :)

Re the wet conditions - and Geel once were a very good wet weather team eg 09 GF - and many many games

However that was when there was give in the ground - like a slow track at the races - clods of earth being thrown up

But today with the sudden rain - it might just be slippery conditions - but with no real give in the ground

When there is genuine give in the ground - then Geel have handled that very well in the past - because they are not overly quick

When there is genuine give in the ground - then Geel have handled that very well in the past - because they are not overly quick

It's a stretch to suggest this benefits us. A massive stretch. The boys would have spent the entire week honing their precision kick and mark game style. Now all that preparation is for nothing since we won't be able to play that way.

Our game is built on lots of uncontested marking though which will be hard tonight.

Our game is built on winning contested possession then keeping possession (uncontested marks being a part of that). The weather shouldn't pose a problem for the former—we are the number 1 contested possession team, Richmond 14th. But it does pose a problem for the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back