Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This season kind of feels like we’ve worked our way to the last level of that old computer game ‘Wolfenstein‘
and now we have to get past the unstoppable hitler guy in the mechsuit to win...
He was pretty easy to kill in the end. The hardest part was getting to him

Haven’t tigers won 8 out of 9 coming into the GF?
I was looking at finals form only. In this years case.

QF: Our loss was more respectable
SF: Richmond needed to about the third quarter to get over saint whereas Geelong dominated
PF: Geelong's comprehensive performance vs Richmond falling over the line.

This game will need some tactical shifting, with Richmond's secret weapon being NANKERVIS, who seems to always drop down to defence and steal a few crucial marks. Against a shorter forward line, this is my worry. I'm not that concerned with the Bogan King (a true champ) or The Knee or the Dirty Cheap Shot skipper because Tigers are good all over the ground. Their system is what stops good teams from beating them. Get this right and we're in with a shot.

Nank was made to look good by Port's Hail Mary bombs into the forward line, particularly late in the game when they became desperate and lacked composure.

Stanley, Blicavs and even Hawkins should give him a torrid time and hopefully work him over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things that feel different this year...

- Team is more even. Last few years we regularly left it to a handful of players and half the side would just go along for the ride. This year we're getting contributions from everyone on the park.
- Squad is fit and niggle free. By the time September rolled around in previous years several players were banged up and sore and played like it. Joel's finger aside, we're pretty much injury free.
- Won't have to play in front of 75,000 rabid Richmond fans this time around.

Parfitt at stoppages and if/when he drifts forward Kolo or maybe Bews
I feel like this is where having a genuine tagger (AKA Ling) would be so beneficial. You can't afford to be swapping players on him, because when players rotate through the position, either you have two of your men standing near Dusty, or you have a small period of time where he gets space between two players watching him. If we had a tagger, I'd wear the prick like a glove. No space given whatsoever.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lotta respect for our club, and its chances in the GF, on the Tiger's board

Rightly so tbh. They've earned their billing as strong favourites, and we have really choked against them at pivotal moments.

With that said, being the underdog is the perfect fit for us, and has worked wonders this last couple of weeks. Been talked up too many times and then failed. Now we have that tag, we have a bunch of players that no longer drink their own bathwater. Took a while, but we're definitely in the right state of mind this finals series :)

I feel like this is where having a genuine tagger (AKA Ling) would be so beneficial. You can't afford to be swapping players on him, because when players rotate through the position, either you have two of your men standing near Dusty, or you have a small period of time where he gets space between two players watching him. If we had a tagger, I'd wear the prick like a glove. No space given whatsoever.
If we had Ling he’d play 90% forward.

Rightly so tbh. They've earned their billing as strong favourites, and we have really choked against them at pivotal moments.

With that said, being the underdog is the perfect fit for us, and has worked wonders this last couple of weeks. Been talked up too many times and then failed. Now we have that tag, we have a bunch of players that no longer drink their own bathwater. Took a while, but we're definitely in the right state of mind this finals series :)
If we win the melts on the tugger board will be legendary not to mention the Hawks board

As a bonus i will end up band for a while i am betting

If we win the melts on the tugger board will be legendary not to mention the Hawks board

As a bonus i will end up band for a while i am betting
Are there still Hawforn supporters out there? The ones i know don’t do footy any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back