Geelong vs Adelaide match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game over Geelong wins 9.7.61 to 8.9.57

Adelaide's inaccurate kicking cost them.

skywalk750 said:
How interesting. 1 free kick not paid that is scrutinized. Not the blatant poor umpiring against the Cats for four quarters.

Wake up to yourself idiot. The umpiring was bad both ways - missed some important holding on and tried to let the game flow.

That deliberate at the end is ridiculous. If it wasnt deliberate, who was Mooney actually aiming for?! :mad: Scott McLaren = pathetic.

bluecrow said:
FFS!!!

How deliberate can you be?

Scott McLaren you are a moron! :mad: Cost the crows the game. :mad: :mad:

Yeah, was deliberate, but there were a few bad frees missed for both teams...poor umpiring on some big decisions.
Cats lucky, the Crows kicked the game away.

Interesting game not really sure what to make of it. I thought we were pretty awful at times, quite brilliant at others. Far too much handball but when it worked it looked good.

I thought we got a pretty good run with the umps all day which makes it kind of ironic that there was a blatant free we should have got to potentially win the game. Not only was the deilberate bad, but the holding the ball that should have been to Thommo about 30 seconds later was pretty bad - how long did he give him to shuffle it out? Still can't blame the umps, we got the better run overall, our inaccuracy, costly turnovers and lack of concentration for the last 5-10 mins in the 1st and 3rd quarter cost us victory.

Still, quite a bit to work with.

I think it was for the most part a very even game. Geelong had patches of control, and patches of rubbish. Adelaide had the same. Even though it wasn't a great spectacle it was a tense game, I don't think either team deserved to win so just happy with the 4 points on this side :)

Stu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back