No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way I would be funding his retirement if I was the Cats, Ablett simply wants them to cover the cost of his move home.

Minimum salary with incentives for games played and other KPI's or he can GAGF.

Suns should put out a statement wishing him well in his retirement without even waiting for an offer.

Entitled s**t
Did you miss Prestia and O'Meara jumping ship last year after Eade and Clayton got another pass from the board?

He's put in six excellent seasons at a basket case.

I can remember receiving flack for calling Mick Malthouse pig headed after getting rid of Jeremy Laidler.

Idiots. :cool:

Did you miss Prestia and O'Meara jumping ship last year after Eade and Clayton got another pass from the board?

He's put in six excellent seasons at a basket case.
Ablett has been the highest paid player at the club and the captain, if he isn't going to be putting in excellent seasons, he didn't deserve to be either. As a premiership player, he was expected to set the standards of behaviour for the other players to follow, so they could also taste success.

Prestia and O'Meara have years of improvement ahead of them, gives them a reason to move for "career purposes". Not sure how moving to Geelong makes Ablett a better player, must be for the money.

Ablett has been the highest paid player at the club and the captain, if he isn't going to be putting in excellent seasons, he didn't deserve to be either. As a premiership player, he was expected to set the standards of behaviour for the other players to follow, so they could also taste success.

Prestia and O'Meara have years of improvement ahead of them, gives them a reason to move for "career purposes". Not sure how moving to Geelong makes Ablett a better player, must be for the money.
He did set the standard, meanwhile Clayton drafted a lot of rubbish in the context of their list.

Ablett has been a poor example of a leader, when GC really needed someone to stand up.

Lynch will set the tone and that club may finally turn the corner
Don't agree, I just think he was resented for his contract.

If the GC board didn't do their due diligence in terms of how he would fair with play development, or didn't make hires that covered for that, that's on them. They got one of the best players in the competition - if not the best - for what ultimately proved to be a good price.

Don't agree, I just think he was resented for his contract.

If the GC board didn't do their due diligence in terms of how he would fair with play development, or didn't make hires that covered for that, that's on them. They got one of the best players in the competition - if not the best - for what ultimately proved to be a good price.

A good price? He was the highest paid player in the competition. Showed zero leadership, when that group needed someone to set the standards. Bailed from many away games, did not travel while injured and rarely played unless he was 100 % fit.

He did it for the money and the glory of captaining a club, rather than being a nurturer and leader of young men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good price? He was the highest paid player in the competition. Showed zero leadership, when that group needed someone to set the standards. Bailed from many away games, did not travel while injured and rarely played unless he was 100 % fit.

He did it for the money and the glory of captaining a club, rather than being a nurturer and leader of young men.
Then the board and the footy department should have never made the move.

Suns have asked for Duncan as the swap for Ablett according to The Age.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-to-be-traded-to-geelong-20170926-gyp0pp.html

"Gold Coast will ask for Mitch Duncan in a trade for Gary Ablett after the dual Brownlow medallist formally asked the Suns for a trade back to Geelong and repeated his warning that he would retire if a trade cannot be done.

Nakia Cockatoo will also be raised as a trade option by the Suns with Gold Coast wanting the Cats to pay some of the contract for next year to repay the front-ended component of Ablett's wage."
If Duncan is prepared to move from the Cats, hope we are making enquiries.

Stig O'Hara

Was reading that he needed two more weeks for a life ban? Smells fishy to me.
Give them to him and potentially save a young kids career/life.

Hall has no filter, needs saving from himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back