Women's Footy general AFLW talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Late, high and a bad injury resulting in a concussion missing the rest of the game and probably next week and that is two weeks . ffs.
IIRC i remember hearing something along the lines of- because it is only a very short season (7 rounds + finals) you wont see the same length suspensions for similar incidents as in the mens game.

IIRC i remember hearing something along the lines of- because it is only a very short season (7 rounds + finals) you wont see the same length suspensions for similar incidents as in the mens game.
Still a duty to police the game.

Indulged in a look at the Pies AFLW board. A few members have basically written off the whole comp as a joke.

Took guidance from eddy. Was major poor form when he didn't even show for the first game. Doesn't matter how many he goes to now, he will have always missed the most important one and sent a signal that others things are more important to the club president than the the history making first womens game.
What a loser.

Took guidance from eddy. Was major poor form when he didn't even show for the first game. Doesn't matter how many he goes to now, he will have always missed the most important one and sent a signal that others things are more important to the club president than the the history making first womens game.
What a loser.
He is a tosser!

Are the games streamed free on the app? or do you have to have a subscription (I am at then end of my subs cycle and have cancelled so I'm still getting games).

Does anyone else feel that the Foxsports commentators aren't really convinced by our women's team? They never really seem to talk about the Lions as one of the top few, still talk about the Melbourne win as an upset.

SEN's Brett Phillips (ex Fitzroy boy)and Peta Searle were commentating the Demons/Blues girls match earlier today, both saying how well our girls are going, Peta said why they have been "a surprise" is a mystery to anyone who knows just what efforts the QAFL have gone to over a long period of time, to developing the girls teams up there....Both very impressed with the talent in Qld.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that Peta Searle the lady who is an assistant coach at the Saints? I have heard of her.

Mr MM wouldn't/didn't have a clue who is at his club other than the players and head coach..Typical!;)

edit: Yes it is her, but she is a development coach, not assistant.

Our early win over Melbourne is looking very handy. Adelaide, Brisbane & Melbourne have jumped ahead of the pack. They won't necessarily end up as top 3, but Carlton & Bulldogs have to win everything from here to even be a chance at making the top 2.

It is really nothing due to the low scoring nature of AFLW games with the short quarters, etc.

If Adelaide win 30-20 tomorrow for example they're only ahead by 6%. The more games you play the less extreme % tends to be.

Next week against Adelaide is huge in the context of finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back