Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely tragic:

'Even the doctor was crying': Hours after Diane gave birth, child protection took her baby

Really makes you think about what we need to do to stop this epidemic. Only one things is certain: keeping children with druggie parents is not in the children's best interests.
But what to do with them? It’s easy to blame the “system”, which is woefully inadequate, but even pouring more money into it still won’t improve staffing to the level where every case is covered - how many prospective employees are out there, who are properly qualified and trained, and prepared to commit to a career spent trying to solve other people’s problems? It would be soul-destroying knowing you’re damned if you do or don’t make the “right” decision, at the “right” time. Burn-out rate is high.

Society at all levels is so fractured, with drugs, alcohol, poverty, family breakdown, and unemployment. It’s a never ending and growing problem.

But what to do with them? It’s easy to blame the “system”, which is woefully inadequate, but even pouring more money into it still won’t improve staffing to the level where every case is covered - how many prospective employees are out there, who are properly qualified and trained, and prepared to commit to a career spent trying to solve other people’s problems? It would be soul-destroying knowing you’re damned if you do or don’t make the “right” decision, at the “right” time. Burn-out rate is high.

Society at all levels is so fractured, with drugs, alcohol, poverty, family breakdown, and unemployment. It’s a never ending and growing problem.
Good question. I don't have the answer, but I think fostering vulnerable kids out to loving families and letting them grow up with parents who love them and look after them and are appropriately resourced to do so is far better for the kids in most instances than trying to reunite them with bad, selfish, incompetent, incapable people as a matter of policy.

I wonder what happened to the wallabies to trigger this attack?

'A six-year-old boy has sustained horror injuries after being attacked by two wallabies before footy training.'

'“Two wallabies picked out Koby and just attacked him, they were on top of him. The coach was about 20 metres away and he had to run and physically fight them off.

“Then they jumped up to him at head height to try and get at the lad.”

Have watched both these parts 1 & 2 Australian story, about a case that I thought was on these threads. Wrongful conviction of Scott Austic , murder of Stacey Thorne.
can't find thread sorry. where is it ?

Current reporting:

Some Background from the Commital:
The wrapping up of the Samantha Fraser Trial see below. The defendant presented no evidence or witnesses in the defense. I hope they give him life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saw that this morning - have to say the pic of the letter 'A' tattoo is not very recognizable !!
No, the camera is too close. Maybe the actual arm was too grossly decomposed, but photo shop could superimpose it onto a fake arm, showing the size and positioning.

Found guilty and with his pleading not guilty I hope the judge gives him 20-25 years before the possibility of parole.

I wonder what happened to the wallabies to trigger this attack?

'A six-year-old boy has sustained horror injuries after being attacked by two wallabies before footy training.'

'“Two wallabies picked out Koby and just attacked him, they were on top of him. The coach was about 20 metres away and he had to run and physically fight them off.

“Then they jumped up to him at head height to try and get at the lad.”

Another marsupial attack in the media today.

People seem to think Kangaroo's are furry cute animals and forget that they are actually 'wild' animals. You need to be on your guard at all times when around them. They are notorious for suddenly 'turning' on people for no explainable reason. I once had a young male hop over to our picnic blanket at a park and decide he 'wanted' me. We had to call the ranger as he would just not leave me alone. If he had of been a large male I would have been in trouble. There seemed to be no reason why he came out of the bush and made an obvious bee line for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back