Remove this Banner Ad

One of the videos specifically involved targeting of Australian locations through the deliberate lighting of bushfires.
I am quite confident this happens often, whether by radicalised youths or just antisocial misfits. The internet generously supplies suggestions of when, where and how to do this.

Anyway, I'm glad the judge was fully aware that this boy's activities couldn't be explained away by claims of autism, especially after the ongoing expressions of his mindset while in prison. Unfortunately he's eligible for parole, but seemingly still retains his ideology, in spite of the "apology" - give me a break!

I am quite confident this happens often, whether by radicalised youths or just antisocial misfits. The internet generously supplies suggestions of when, where and how to do this.

Anyway, I'm glad the judge was fully aware that this boy's activities couldn't be explained away by claims of autism, especially after the ongoing expressions of his mindset while in prison. Unfortunately he's eligible for parole, but seemingly still retains his ideology, in spite of the "apology" - give me a break!

I think bomb making material is removed now. Effort went in to the removal of ISIS recruitment videos which weren't that hard to find, an appeal to the psychopath is what I felt on seeing them and portraying abuse of women.

There's some other stuff doing the rounds now in context of Israel/Gaza, a rather more subtle approach targeting women for recruitment and martyrdom, which I imagine will be removed and taken down as soon as someone with the clout to do it twigs. And they should be.

I hope they keep an eye on him, with the Israel / Gaza conflict potentially triggering even the most generally benign of people.

Judge Muscat said SA Police found 20,932 videos "of interest" on the boy's iPad in 2022.

He said a preliminary analysis of 2,141 of those videos revealed "a large number of official ISIS recruitment videos".

"There were also 82 videos amounting to extremist material as defined under the legislation, six videos of instructions on how to make an explosive device, and two videos containing information involving terrorist acts," he said.

"One of the videos specifically involved targeting of Australian locations through the deliberate lighting of bushfires.

"There were other videos depicting extremely graphic and quite disturbing images of the execution of prisoners of ISIS, as well as videos depicting prisoners being used to demonstrate the effective technique of killing someone.

No remorse beyond a token lawyer scripted apology at sentencing and still the judge let's him off with a slap on the wrist. Well past time for mandatory minimum sentences for terrorism offences.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No remorse beyond a token lawyer scripted apology at sentencing and still the judge let's him off with a slap on the wrist. Well past time for mandatory minimum sentences for terrorism offences.

Of course a 16yo can be dangerous and capable but his youth might have factored in. I don't think it's a hardwired or hopeless case, particularly at that age?

Of course a 16yo can be dangerous and capable but his youth might have factored in. I don't think it's a hardwired or hopeless case, particularly at that age?
Let’s hope not. Depends on who he associates with, who his influences are.

Sounds like a pyschcopath and has continued his ways in jail. Even the jsuge said he doesnt have a clue if he is a threat and still released him. Ten year sentence minimum (should be life without parole if he was over 18) and not released until.a psych says not a threat to society.

The court heard the forensic psychologist reported that the boy appeared "dispassionate" and "emotionless" when discussing his reaction to viewing "graphic and horrific videos".

Sounds like a pyschcopath and has continued his ways in jail. Even the jsuge said he doesnt have a clue if he is a threat and still released him. Ten year sentence minimum (should be life without parole if he was over 18) and not released until.a psych says not a threat to society.

The court heard the forensic psychologist reported that the boy appeared "dispassionate" and "emotionless" when discussing his reaction to viewing "graphic and horrific videos".

If and when he gets parole, I'm sure there will be conditions for one or two or maybe even more years and that he'll be monitored.

He’s on a watch list and will be until such time

I wonder if this is how all the immigration detainees that were released under the High Court ruling are being rounded up and taken in to custody. Are they being watched so on one false move, the police can grab them?

Third freed immigration detainee arrested in Dandenong

The former ringleader of a child exploitation gang who was released from immigration detention last month has been arrested in Dandenong.

Via Herald Sun

heraldsun.png

I wonder if this is how all the immigration detainees that were released under the High Court ruling are being rounded up and taken in to custody. Are they being watched so on one false move, the police can grab them?

Third freed immigration detainee arrested in Dandenong

The former ringleader of a child exploitation gang who was released from immigration detention last month has been arrested in Dandenong.

Via Herald Sun

View attachment 1866297
Don’t you think they should be?

I really think Troy Maskell should spend far more than another 5 years in jail. He is a monster.

More about it here:

The stupid girlfriend, Fiona Taylor apparently called him a paedophile, which triggered the murderous Mr Maskell to murder. I don't know how you can do it, but folks making false allegations that led to violence should be held accountable.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finding Maskell guilty of manslaughter, the jury seemed to accept forensic pathologist Yeliena Baber’s evidence that if he hadn’t been attacked, Mr Burke wouldn’t have gone to hospital and died.

Well, golly gee 🙄

There should be some sort of penalty for the girlfriend but I don’t know what 😟.

At least Maskell accepted responsibility and didn’t make excuses.

Nothing good happens after midnight.

Some fairly serious allegations being made against radio broadcaster Alan Jones.
There have been many allegations about Alan Jones over the years which have included grooming when he was teacher. He got caught doing naughty things in a toilet block in London once, IIRC he ended up avoiding prosecution. In addition there have been a couple of credible sexual assault allegations. He is a repulsive human being and I am glad he is finally being brought to account.

There have been many allegations about Alan Jones over the years which have included grooming when he was teacher. He got caught doing naughty things in a toilet block in London once, IIRC he ended up avoiding prosecution. In addition there have been a couple of credible sexual assault allegations. He is a repulsive human being and I am glad he is finally being brought to account.
Why do these sorts of thing so often only come to light when the (alleged) perpetrator is dead or nearly dead? They go (more or less) their whole lives without any consequences for their crimes.

:mad:

Why do these sorts of thing so often only come to light when the (alleged) perpetrator is dead or nearly dead? They go (more or less) their whole lives without any consequences for their crimes.

:mad:
Power, connections and fear. I know wrt to the London episode it was suppressed by Murdoch's papers. They were going to run it front page but a sub editor pulled it telling the reporter that AJ was considered a mate of Murdoch's. You may ask how I know this, I am afraid to admit one of my relatives was a senior Murdoch exec and that was the story as related to me. As for why the court case in London was dropped, I suspect it was the same, mates. AJ is has always used lawyers vigorously as well as threatening peoples careers. Chris Masters 2006 book Jonestown really showed what AJ was really like, yet it was seemingly ignored. The ABC piked publishing it and Allen & Unwin picked it up. IIRC AJ didn't actually try a defamation case with it though he threatened to. I suspect he realised it would not go well and so he hunkered down to wait it out. This link talks a little about the legal issues with the book. Lawyering Jonestown - The Justinian Archive - Justinian: Australian legal magazine. News on lawyers and the law

Yeah there's absolutely no surprise that this has come out, the rumours have been around forever and a day.

If proven true, you'd like to hope he'd see punishment handed out.

Power, connections and fear. I know wrt to the London episode it was suppressed by Murdoch's papers. They were going to run it front page but a sub editor pulled it telling the reporter that AJ was considered a mate of Murdoch's. You may ask how I know this, I am afraid to admit one of my relatives was a senior Murdoch exec and that was the story as related to me. As for why the court case in London was dropped, I suspect it was the same, mates. AJ is has always used lawyers vigorously as well as threatening peoples careers. Chris Masters 2006 book Jonestown really showed what AJ was really like, yet it was seemingly ignored. The ABC piked publishing it and Allen & Unwin picked it up. IIRC AJ didn't actually try a defamation case with it though he threatened to. I suspect he realised it would not go well and so he hunkered down to wait it out. This link talks a little about the legal issues with the book. Lawyering Jonestown - The Justinian Archive - Justinian: Australian legal magazine. News on lawyers and the law
Great post and information, thanks very much. I still wonder why it has come out now. Do you think it's because Jones' influence and power has sufficiently diminished?

Great post and information, thanks very much. I still wonder why it has come out now. Do you think it's because Jones' influence and power has sufficiently diminished?
Perhaps, I don't know why it didn't happen more after Jonestown was released in 2006. Powerful media friends helped him then but his career has certainly been on a slide since. Probably more to do with losing advertising than anything else, certainly many media companies were happy to keep employing him. I don't think his career will survive these current allegations. I don't expect him to to go through with legal action this time though he will threaten it. The Karma bus has arrived this time.

2nd man charged over murder of Irma Palasics

But on Friday, 68-year-old Melbourne man Joseph Vekony faced ACT Magistrates Court where he was charged with one count of murder.

With help from Victoria Police, ACT Policing investigators on Wednesday arrested the accused in the Melbourne suburb of Endeavour Hills, before his extradition was granted at Dandenong Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Vekony was remanded in custody in the ACT and did not apply for bail.

2nd man charged over murder of Irma Palasics

But on Friday, 68-year-old Melbourne man Joseph Vekony faced ACT Magistrates Court where he was charged with one count of murder.

With help from Victoria Police, ACT Policing investigators on Wednesday arrested the accused in the Melbourne suburb of Endeavour Hills, before his extradition was granted at Dandenong Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Vekony was remanded in custody in the ACT and did not apply for bail.
Amazing story, have followed this closely as a local story, great result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back