Remove this Banner Ad

It’s illegal to go out in public with your face covered (medical issues excepted). Did the police remove the balaclavas from those neo-clowns the other day? Or ask them to take them off?

The law should also apply to protesters.
Would be interesting to know the last person anywhere in the country to be charged/convicted of that offence.

Just a personal view, but I don't see this as being as scandalous as a lot of other releases.

He wasn't convicted of murder, 25 years in itself seems a little on the high end of the scale.

Im personally more concerned about potential release of offenders with a significant history of violence and/or those unwilling or unable to control their sexual urges

Just a personal view, but I don't see this as being as scandalous as a lot of other releases.

He wasn't convicted of murder, 25 years in itself seems a little on the high end of the scale.

Im personally more concerned about potential release of offenders with a significant history of violence and/or those unwilling or unable to control their sexual urges

Apparently it is. He seems a bit hard done by in the big scheme of things, i'd think people like him would have had trouble resisting Bunting. I wonder if Jail was actually the best, most stable part of his life.

Why was he sentenced to 25 years?​

Haydon received a 25-year sentence, believed to be the longest custodial sentence for assisting an offender in South Australian history, and longer than many served by convicted murderers.

"The court must make it clear that conduct of this kind, which I hope will never occur again in South Australia, must be treated in the most severe manner," Justice Sulan said when he handed down the sentence in 2006.

Justice Sulan said the term took into account Haydon's prospects of rehabilitation, balancing that with his crimes.

"The course of conduct you embarked upon and continued upon in the most horrific circumstances must result in a long sentence of imprisonment," he said.
In his sentencing, Justice Sulan accepted that unlike his co-offenders, Haydon had not profited from the social security fraud the others were committing.

A man in Hobart was pushed off a pier by a teenager during an attempted robbery and sadly drowned.

If someone gets pushed off a cliff and dies the defendant would probably get charged with murder.

Im inclined to think that if you get pushed into the water during another crime, and the victim dies, this should also result in a murder charge.

If someone gets pushed off a cliff and dies the defendant would probably get charged with murder.

Im inclined to think that if you get pushed into the water during another crime, and the victim dies, this should also result in a murder charge.
He has only been charged at this time, the charges may be either upgraded or downgraded at time goes on,

Eventually, the DPP will become involved and the charge will be amended to the most severe with the greatest chance of winning in Court.

Charge him with murder at this point and stick with it and he may walk as the elements to prove beyond reasonable doubt havent been satisfied.

I assume he is on remand and therefore not in the community until all the investigations are concluded and he is presented for commial on the apporopraie charge which may include murder

He was lucky to avoid jail.

I cannot believe he avoided jail, expecially since his lies put somebody behind bars. What a ####ing disgrace. At the very least he should have served the same time his 'victim' did. Although, afetr Friendlyjordies video today, maybe I can believe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent news in the good against evil war.

'...Under the deal, US and Australian authorities will be able to obtain more timely access to electronic data held by service providers in the partner nation, in order to prevent, detect and investigate serious crimes.

In Australia’s case, law enforcement agencies will get access to data from US-based companies such as Microsoft or Meta (formerly Facebook) – a process that could previously take months because it required both governments to approve requests.

The information sought could include much-needed files uploaded to a storage or backup service, emails and chat history, geolocation data, IP addresses and the identities of those sending messages.

Dreyfus said the agreement was “a boon for Australia”, which was only the second country after the UK that has been given such access to US-based data.

...'

I'm thinking that real hit men probably don't kill as many people as people would think. Dale Flannery back in the day ( with the help of our most corrupt cop ) probably averaged one hit per year. $50 000 in 1984 would have been good money if you were working a normal job, but hardly lucrative cash for a year if you were a hitman risking incarceration or death. Not really a sensible life choice, even if you didn't have the morals to avoid it.

And i agree that it would be hard to find one cold as a stranger, they don't advertise in the paper or the internet. However if you moved in the "wrong" circles , i'm sure they exist. Some bloke who wants to get his wife out of the picture will probably struggle, but the local drug syndicate will know exactly how to find their man.

If i had the idea to go into such a career, i'd probably choose to go through a trusted intermediary , so that the people paying didn't actually know who was doing the dirty work.

dont think the intermediary idea worked out to well for James Frederick Bazley.

Horrific.
Car jacking murder?

The 70yo women was shopping with her young Grandaughter

That’s terrible. And no witnesses apart from the poor little girl?

That’s terrible. And no witnesses apart from the poor little girl?
At least one witness so far who reportedly provided a racial appearance of the murderer to Police.

Being a brand new shopping Centre with the Big 3 Supers there, there should be lots of working CCTV on all entrances/exits.
Including emergency/stairwell ones from the carpark.

'Town Square Redbank Plains is a brand new, state of the art shopping destination located in the heart of Redbank Plains. Featuring Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, Target and Australia Post along with a variety of specialty stores and services for all your shopping needs.'

'Queensland Police Detective Acting Superintendent Heath McQueen said the stabbing appeared to be a robbery turned violent.'
Superintendent McQueen appealed to the public for help in finding the attacker.

“This is a 70-year-old grandmother, this is in front of her six-year-old granddaughter, and now is the time to step up and come forward and provide us with information that we need as to who the identity of this offender is,” he said.

Superintendent McQueen said a witness had described the male offender as African in appearance. ...'

Horrific.
Car jacking murder?

The 70yo women was shopping with her young Grandaughter

Which is more certain?

Known to the police and on bail for previous violent offences or

Lawyer claims undiagnosed mental health issues.

Both probably. Can only hope the police have to defend themselves when they arrest him so more people don't suffer when a magistrate let's him off lightly

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I cannot believe he avoided jail, expecially since his lies put somebody behind bars. What a ####ing disgrace. At the very least he should have served the same time his 'victim' did. Although, afetr Friendlyjordies video today, maybe I can believe it.

If i was the one who was falsely imprisoned, and i had the choice that he do equivalent time, or i get what i consider "reasonable" compensation. I'd take the money. Might have been something along those lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back