General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to start a new thread but can probably just ask put it here.

Hope this doesn't appear to be a meltdown, cause it's not. I'll still be supporting the Dees and hope we can break our finals draught when 2018 rolls around. But after the horror show of this weekend, I honestly don't think I'll care enough to follow the comings and goings of the final series and trade week etc. Couldn't care less if we sign Lever or draft some kid that kicks goals for Vic Country. The MFC has lost my unbridled commitment for now.

So, my Demon brethren, what are some other hobbies we can partake in over the summer? The Ashes don't interest me, it's a bit like West Coast (yuck) winning everything at Subiaco and losing everything away. Wake me up when the Aussies win in England.

The thing that irks me most is we couldn't do it for Jones. Bloke has been playing for over a decade without finals. But we couldn't even muster the motivation to do it for him in the first quarter yesterday. Really questioning how much some of our players care, or has it all become too mechanical? Not sure.

We deserve exactly what we got, and I can't think of a more Melbourne way to miss out on finals. If there are any Melbourne supporters who are mad or sad about this, you obviously haven't quite got the hang of supporting this team yet. I can't find this anything but hilarious.
From another thread but a thing of beauty.

Encapsulates an MFC supporter to a tee.

However it still hurts like a bitch!

Was going to start a new thread but can probably just ask put it here.

Hope this doesn't appear to be a meltdown, cause it's not. I'll still be supporting the Dees and hope we can break our finals draught when 2018 rolls around. But after the horror show of this weekend, I honestly don't think I'll care enough to follow the comings and goings of the final series and trade week etc. Couldn't care less if we sign Lever or draft some kid that kicks goals for Vic Country. The MFC has lost my unbridled commitment for now.

So, my Demon brethren, what are some other hobbies we can partake in over the summer? The Ashes don't interest me, it's a bit like West Coast (yuck) winning everything at Subiaco and losing everything away. Wake me up when the Aussies win in England.

Agree. The weathers gonna heat up, NBA and cricket will be back and ill forget about all this shit and will tag back on in the preseason comp

Big Max needs to work on his ruck work in the off season. Rucks are jumping over him now. He needs to leap.
Got a theory. I think he hurt his ankle during Q3 of the Port game. Up to half time he was absolutely dominant, but he hasn't been able to jump since. Think he's been managing his way through it.

Got a theory. I think he hurt his ankle during Q3 of the Port game. Up to half time he was absolutely dominant, but he hasn't been able to jump since. Think he's been managing his way through it.
He's been a liability since then. I can't even think of a less effective ruckman than Max of the last two months. We would have been better off parking him and playing Pedersen. If it comes out that he was nursing an injury I'll be even more ropable than I am with poor form because that would mean he had no prospect of hitting form. He's the biggest disappointment for mine, injury or no injury. We lost our first use of the ball and our confidence died with that - as crappy as we were with a lot of other areas.

It annoys me so ******* much that these players are going celebrate with mad monday
I reckon it'll be a pretty flat Mad Monday somehow.

The thing that irks me most is we couldn't do it for Jones. Bloke has been playing for over a decade without finals. But we couldn't even muster the motivation to do it for him in the first quarter yesterday. Really questioning how much some of our players care, or has it all become too mechanical? Not sure.
Jones was pretty pissweak himself yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... West Coast ended up with a 'points for' of 1964, as we all know the year of our last flag. And a 'points against' of 1858, the year our footy club was founded. Spooky. The ultimate troll?
That is written in the stars type shit right there. Then consider 1990, 1994, 2005-2006 (where they unfailingly showed us up as pretenders time and again), the match earlier this year with Oliver-gate and then today. The games most one sided rivalry? It would take something dramatic like a come from behind grand final win to even up the ledger a bit for us.

Huh. Turns out sleeping on it makes it no easier.
No, no it doesn't ... this was me arriving at work this morning ...

giphy.gif

Didn't realise you were a panda mate. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
It's 2017 he can be whatever he wants. I identify as Komodo Dragon

if I see any player dressed up today with a smile on their face it'll cost the MFC a 10 year member.
Agreed, i have no problem with mad monday, but at least have it a couple of weeks from now

After trying to gauge who i hate the most this year, i can't be mad at Collingwood, i can't be mad at Adelaide or West Coast. i can be upset with North. But i'll tell you which club is rising through the rankings Carlton and their fans (bar 1 who's a good mate). This came from their cheerquad and since has been removed and has apologised
21078287_1473813826038354_8110285008525677125_n.jpg

i mean FFS let it go, i can't remember what pants i was wearing yesterday yet you gotta harp back to round 2, that's 21 weeks ago, it's a wonder they're still not trying to take Seacamp to the tribunal. Also please friends whenever we discuss Carlton i would love to see #VictimClub trend

Carlton, West Coast and Collingwood supporters streaming in from everywhere to lay the boot in. Move over Richmond, Dees are now the number one joke of the competition.

Those suspensions look even dumber now.

A mentally fragile team. Shit the bed in the last quarter against Brisbane in the last quarter and shit the bed against Collingwood in the first.

Need to make some tough calls on a few players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back