General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are getting all worked up over semantics I won’t go to deeply into disagreeing with most of your points but was surprised you think Viney Salem and Harmes have all improved under Goodwin, can’t agree with that. Facts are he was gift wrapped a list that was being hugely hyped and has won about 45% of he’s games in charge in 3 and a half years, I believe that to be a putrid effort.

Having said that I dearly hope he turns it around as it appears we are stuck with him for the next 18 months but I’m not holding my breath.

maybe instead of spewing out “he has won under 50% of his games” fact. Dig a little deeper, think some more and analyse some things he is not going well. Right now you sound like a fan booing at the top of his lungs because you can’t think of anything to say.

For example;

Sides seemed to go coast to coast on us very easily, a lot of talk about lack of wingers, run, spread to many at the contest all valid points. But one thing that killed us was our ground balls inside 50m, we just didn’t retain enough footy inside our forward 50. when the ball hits the ground inside 50m there is were you can attack and defend.

Win the disputed footy and it could generate a shot on goal or another stoppage. the last thing you want is the ball spitting out of your 50m and youve got your 6 defenders against 9 opponents ain’t 2/3 of a ground to defend.

Recruiting Pickett will help this, hopefully Spargo finds his 2018 form. There was a favouring of a smaller more mobile forward line in round 1.

maybe instead of spewing out “he has won under 50% of his games” fact. Dig a little deeper, think some more and analyse some things he is not going well. Right now you sound like a fan booing at the top of his lungs because you can’t think of anything to say.

For example;

Sides seemed to go coast to coast on us very easily, a lot of talk about lack of wingers, run, spread to many at the contest all valid points. But one thing that killed us was our ground balls inside 50m, we just didn’t retain enough footy inside our forward 50. when the ball hits the ground inside 50m there is were you can attack and defend.

Win the disputed footy and it could generate a shot on goal or another stoppage. the last thing you want is the ball spitting out of your 50m and youve got your 6 defenders against 9 opponents ain’t 2/3 of a ground to defend.

Recruiting Pickett will help this, hopefully Spargo finds his 2018 form. There was a favouring of a smaller more mobile forward line in round 1.
Boo Boo, was this post for me or are you just chasing likes? The fact of the matter is Goodwin has won less than half his games in 3 and a half years, Putrid.

The reasons why he has won so few games are varied and you’ve identified the most obvious ones in your post, good on you don’t put to much effort in.
The main reason may just be he isn’t very good and is totally out of his depth, which I hope isn’t the case because it appears we have him for at least the next to seasons

Boo Boo, was this post for me or are you just chasing likes? The fact of the matter is Goodwin has won less than half his games in 3 and a half years, Putrid.

The reasons why he has won so few games are varied and you’ve identified the most obvious ones in your post, good on you don’t put to much effort in.
The main reason may just be he isn’t very good and is totally out of his depth, which I hope isn’t the case because it appears we have him for at least the next to seasons

not chasing likes but either give it a rest with the “less then 50% win rate” and “putrid“ comments. We get it. Offer something else or jog on.

Took Hardwick 8 years to have a winning%. Goodwin is a finals season from being on the +. Reckon we finally have most the holes filled. injuries ****ed us hard last year. To me contract finishes at the right time if the team isn't humming by end of next year then yeah * him off.

Took Hardwick 8 years to have a winning%. Goodwin is a finals season from being on the +. Reckon we finally have most the holes filled. injuries f’ed us hard last year. To me contract finishes at the right time if the team isn't humming by end of next year then yeah fu** him off.
Agree. Got to give Goody a further chance. As well as Hardwick, Thompson was also nearly sacked. We have the right pieces to keep building on.

not chasing likes but either give it a rest with the “less then 50% win rate” and “putrid“ comments. We get it. Offer something else or jog on.
Don’t like what I’m saying don’t post at me, easy. Here’s a tip for free, do yourself a favour and actually read the conversation I was having in previous posts, the topic in question was how bad has Goodwin been Putrid or just ordinary.
If you want to delve into the reasons why he’s bad, I’m all for it but that’s a different conversation.

Instead of chasing thumbs up and smiling faces ask me the question, why do I think he is so bad, and if I can’t give you a good answer then you can use your pretentious wanky sayings such as jog on, or man up and tell me to go * myself, I can take it.

Took Hardwick 8 years to have a winning%. Goodwin is a finals season from being on the +. Reckon we finally have most the holes filled. injuries f’ed us hard last year. To me contract finishes at the right time if the team isn't humming by end of next year then yeah fu** him off.
He actually had a winning record after 6 seasons, lost it the next year got it back and is in the mid 50% range.

He also took over a basket case as opposed to Goodwin, he increased their win total every year between 2010 and 2013 before going 12,15 and 8 wins, since then they have won 2 flags and lost a prelim.

For some reason there is a narrative around Hardwick that I find baffling in regards to his record, man is a gun who did all his own hard work building Richmond from the bottom, Goodwin’s done none of that. As I’ve said I want him to come good, we are stuck with him for this year and next but I don’t hold out much hope. I’ll be happy to be wrong

He actually had a winning record after 6 seasons, lost it the next year got it back and is in the mid 50% range.

He also took over a basket case as opposed to Goodwin, he increased their win total every year between 2010 and 2013 before going 12,15 and 8 wins, since then they have won 2 flags and lost a prelim.

For some reason there is a narrative around Hardwick that I find baffling in regards to his record, man is a gun who did all his own hard work building Richmond from the bottom, Goodwin’s done none of that. As I’ve said I want him to come good, we are stuck with him for this year and next but I don’t hold out much hope. I’ll be happy to be wrong
Wanna show me how he was + 50% after his 6th season. Find it so baffling that if he did get the boot before they came good no campaigner wouldve bat an eyelid. 3 seasons in ya saying our coaches record is putrid. he's had 1 year ****ed by injuries now the year after had China virus throw s**t into the air. Before that we lost to the eventual premiers and shat the bed the year before. So ******* putrid and baffling how he isn't already sacked. Roos or any other coach wouldn't have done * all different last year or fluked the flag we were a game off going for

This season (if we get to the end) i will judge Goodwin on if he has figured out a game plan that puts us into a winning season . I still don't understand why we train to handball to each others feet but that is another topic . If i was going to send Bennell into the midfield , it would be to stay on the outside , but what do i know? . This season will expose if Goodwin can adapt to a changing scenario or if he his stuck in his 2018 mentality,

Wanna show me how he was + 50% after his 6th season. Find it so baffling that if he did get the boot before they came good no campaigner wouldve bat an eyelid. 3 seasons in ya saying our coaches record is putrid. he's had 1 year f’ed by injuries now the year after had China virus throw s**t into the air. Before that we lost to the eventual premiers and shat the bed the year before. So ******* putrid and baffling how he isn't already sacked. Roos or any other coach wouldn't have done fu** all different last year or fluked the flag we were a game off going for
Yep good point, Hardwicks record was 66 wins 67 loses 2 draws, I didn’t count finals your 100% correct my apologies.
The fact remains he has done a brilliant job, took on a basket case and increased their win total each of his first 4 years from 6 in his first year to 15 by year 4, he’s had them in finals 6 of 10 completed years and won 2 flags.

Give me Hardwicks first 3 years over Goodwin’s when you take into account the position of their respective teams and the expectation on them when they took over. Goodwin has spewed all over himself 2 out of 3 years and held on just long enough in the third to inexplicably be award a contract extension. Hardwick built from the bottom and turned his team in a juggernaut.

I’ll say again I really hope I get made to look a dickhead and Goodwin finds his mojo and turns it around, but I’m not holding my breath based on all available evidence

Goodwin took over our side when we were middle of the road and has turned over more than half our list since then. You keep speaking like he was handed an amazing team on a platter but the facts don't support that. Roos lost his last game by 111 points

Goodwin took over our side when we were middle of the road and has turned over more than half our list since then. You keep speaking like he was handed an amazing team on a platter but the facts don't support that. Roos lost his last game by 111 points
Pretty sure every team's list has half turned over since 2016. The core of our side is the same.

I don't know what other people see when they watch us play, but Goodwin worries me.
the strange selections continue, like R1s small fwd line.
the way our midfield has gotten lazy again after Roos continually banged on about two way running.
the forward structure has fallen away under Goodwin, replaced by chaos ball entries that belongs in the year 2018.
a defense that changes every year and now that has 3 tall defenders and gets punched through at will by the opposition smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure every team's list has half turned over since 2016. The core of our side is the same.

Our inside midfield is basically the same but our spine has changed completely outside of Gawn and TMac. Our forward and backlines look significantly different and we've now added a couple of wingers.

The years before Goodwin took over the team had gone from 4 to 7 to 10 wins after being the very definition of a basket case, the outside and internal perception was that Melbourne was a club on the rise and stacked full of young elite talent, that’s very much my recollection. Under those circumstances the job he has done is poor to say the least.

At the end of the day we disagree on the merits of the job he’s done, I personally think it’s been horrible, you think he’s done well

The years before Goodwin took over the team had gone from 4 to 7 to 10 wins after being the very definition of a basket case, the outside and internal perception was that Melbourne was a club on the rise and stacked full of young elite talent, that’s very much my recollection. Under those circumstances the job he has done is poor to say the least.

At the end of the day we disagree on the merits of the job he’s done, I personally think it’s been horrible, you think he’s done well

The issue is you're backing up your opinion with very little evidence. The basis of your entire argument is that goodwin has been s**t because a bunch of people rated us and he hasn't lived up to those expectations. Just because we had some hype why should that affect how we assess Goodwin's performance? If those expectations turn out to be unfounded or at least don't account for important factors then why do they matter?

Look at the team he actually inherited. It doesn't hold up to the apparent hype it had at the time.

Don’t like what I’m saying don’t post at me, easy. Here’s a tip for free, do yourself a favour and actually read the conversation I was having in previous posts, the topic in question was how bad has Goodwin been Putrid or just ordinary.
If you want to delve into the reasons why he’s bad, I’m all for it but that’s a different conversation.

Instead of chasing thumbs up and smiling faces ask me the question, why do I think he is so bad, and if I can’t give you a good answer then you can use your pretentious wanky sayings such as jog on, or man up and tell me to go fu** myself, I can take it.

It’s not that I don’t like your opinion, but we get it, you’ve posted the same thing over and over. And your still yet to offer anything other than putrid/less than 50% win record. There is nothing stopping you from Offering a rebuttal without me directly asking the question.

So just because my view is different to yours I’m just chasing likes?

I don’t really see it as that smart or clever to tell someone to go f@&k themselves because they have a different opinion to mine.

The issue is you're backing up your opinion with very little evidence. The basis of your entire argument is that goodwin has been s**t because a bunch of people rated us and he hasn't lived up to those expectations. Just because we had some hype why should that affect how we assess Goodwin's performance? If those expectations turn out to be unfounded or at least don't account for important factors then why do they matter?

Look at the team he actually inherited. It doesn't hold up to the apparent hype it had at the time.
Not at all, I’m taking all the evidence into account that’s why it’s easy to assess the job he’s done as being so bad.

You don’t hold him accountable for the failures of his team under his watch I do, and when I do I take into account things like external and internal opinions as one example.If your going to rewrite history and try and convince me the list at the start of 2017 was poor you’ve got no chance, if your saying our list management and recruiting has been rubbish since I’m on board, with Goodwin at the very heart of that.

The reality is Goodwin was handed an opportunity as good as any first year coach could ask for and his record speaks for its self, looking backwards and stating the list wasn’t as good as perceived by most is one way of doing it, or you could assess it in it’s entirety and come to the conclusion that Goodwin has done a putrid job under the circumstances which is what I’ve done.

It’s not that I don’t like your opinion, but we get it, you’ve posted the same thing over and over. And your still yet to offer anything other than putrid/less than 50% win record. There is nothing stopping you from Offering a rebuttal without me directly asking the question.

So just because my view is different to yours I’m just chasing likes?

I don’t really see it as that smart or clever to tell someone to go f@&k themselves because they have a different opinion to mine.
Again go back and read the posts I was replying to, not that hard. And why would I offer a rebuttal to an opinion that’s not been put forward in the context of the conversation.

As I said if you want my opinion on why I think he has been so bad, ask. If you don’t like the facts I’m presenting in a particular conversation refute them, but to expect me to offer rebuttal on a conversation I’m not having is stupid.

It’s not that we have different opinions, it’s that your trying to have a different conversation.

Not at all, I’m taking all the evidence into account that’s why it’s easy to assess the job he’s done as being so bad.

You don’t hold him accountable for the failures of his team under his watch I do, and when I do I take into account things like external and internal opinions as one example.If your going to rewrite history and try and convince me the list at the start of 2017 was poor you’ve got no chance, if your saying our list management and recruiting has been rubbish since I’m on board, with Goodwin at the very heart of that.

The reality is Goodwin was handed an opportunity as good as any first year coach could ask for and his record speaks for its self, looking backwards and stating the list wasn’t as good as perceived by most is one way of doing it, or you could assess it in it’s entirety and come to the conclusion that Goodwin has done a putrid job under the circumstances which is what I’ve done.

You've done a good job beating up that strawman.

What would that straw man be or have you just run out of ideas

You don’t hold him accountable for the failures of his team under his watch

I never said that.

If your going to rewrite history and try and convince me the list at the start of 2017 was poor you’ve got no chance,

Or that, I said it had plenty of holes.

And this part I don't understand at all, you say assessing the list he started with is looking backwards when the centre-piece of your argument is that he started with one of the best lists in the league. If you don't want to address any challenge to that point then why are we even talking?

The fact is Goodwin's record looked solid up until last year. I'll agree that last year was as you would put it putrid but I don't think it's a fair assessment to disregard the previous two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back