General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is going on here? Someone from GWS had a crack at petracca, after tweeting about Lewis having the locker next to him. The tweets have since been deleted
petracca_tweet_2.jpg
Sounds like good banter to me

People.. I need to settle some petty off-season office banter...

My colleagues are claiming that Nev Jetta is soft.

Please post any highlight videos of Nev being hard so I can prove them wrong :p

I want to find a clip of him getting cleaned up by Peter Wright this year but I cant remember which game/quarter it happened and don't have time to find it. Can anyone remember?

To be completely honest, I have seen Neville duck the head in on occasion, but also have seen him get smashed sitting in the hole. He is around the average level I'd say.
When he stayed down Round 1 last year against the suns it didn't paint a great picture for nev

Nev is just fine . We need him to get the ball out of the back line , end of . We have enough players willing to get their heads ripped off ,that's not nev's job.

So i don't follow hors racing but i was watching racing.com for the moment because i just watched a horse called Petracca win a race

People.. I need to settle some petty off-season office banter...

My colleagues are claiming that Nev Jetta is soft.

Please post any highlight videos of Nev being hard so I can prove them wrong :p

I want to find a clip of him getting cleaned up by Peter Wright this year but I cant remember which game/quarter it happened and don't have time to find it. Can anyone remember?
2.35 to go in the 1st Qrt of the Round 7 game at Metricon. Nev takes the mark and Wright smashes into his back.

Just happen to be watching it in the background.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also more Daniher news. Neale has been voted Melburnian of the Year 2016 for his work raising awareness for Motor Neurone Disease.
Congratulations Rev!
"We may be dying but we're having fun fighting the beast"

What are people's thoughts on ANB next year. Guy had a really good VFL year but didn't get many AFL chances. With additions of Lewis Hibberd and Melksham he may still find it hard to break into the side. Hopefully a big pre season as I think he's got what it takes.

What are people's thoughts on ANB next year. Guy had a really good VFL year but didn't get many AFL chances. With additions of Lewis Hibberd and Melksham he may still find it hard to break into the side. Hopefully a big pre season as I think he's got what it takes.
Really needs to become a deadly small forward or a midfielder that kicks goals imo

Doesn't have the weapons to succeed at AFL level imo. He could prove me wrong but what is his standout attribute? Certainly isn't his disposal.

Doesn't have the weapons to succeed at AFL level imo. He could prove me wrong but what is his standout attribute? Certainly isn't his disposal.
That's a good question. We know he can accumulate tackle and kick goals. Also has endurance. Just needs to find his spot. Will possibly need to muscle his way in as an inside mid and forward. But not going to be easy.

That's a good question. We know he can accumulate tackle and kick goals. Also has endurance. Just needs to find his spot. Will possibly need to muscle his way in as an inside mid and forward. But not going to be easy.

I reckon if he wasn't at a club that was stacked with inside mids, he'd be getting regular games. I really rate him but he's got a lot of work to do if he wants to get a gig in our midfield.

Agree with the sentiment here that there just isn't anything that sets him apart.
Unfortunately for him we had a pretty good year injury wise so our depth wasn't overly tested.
He'd be a handy inclusion if injuries strike next season but just seems like one of those blokes who's a bit too good for VFL but not quite gonna make it in the seniors

I get annoyed thinking about the number of games given to Viv Michie, Ben Newton, Matt Jones, Aidan Riley, Jordie McKenzie, Rohan Bail in recent years when I think about how they could have instead been invested in guys like ANB. Certainly the 2016 games given to the three blokes who seemingly had their cards fairly marked.

I get annoyed thinking about the number of games given to Viv Michie, Ben Newton, Matt Jones, Aidan Riley, Jordie McKenzie, Rohan Bail in recent years when I think about how they could have instead been invested in guys like ANB. Certainly the 2016 games given to the three blokes who seemingly had their cards fairly marked.

Matt Jones is the only one who played any amount of games and they play a completely different role

Matt Jones is the only one who played any amount of games and they play a completely different role

In 2015-2016, Viv Michie played 15 games, Matt Jones 19 games, Ben Newton 13 games, Rohan Bail 6 games, Aidan Riley 4 games & Jordie McKenzie 1. This was across a number of roles including outside mid, inside mid, defensive forward, half forward flank & on the wing.

Sure, I haven't done the research into how many games ANB played in the same team as them, but that's 60 games nonetheless to 6 blokes who are no longer on our list.

Also, the reality is that ANB doesn't have a concrete role yet. He's been tried in a few different roles whilst being in and out of the side over 15 games in 2015-2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back