General music chat not warranting its own thread thread.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Anyone collect vinyls?

Unfortunately the time has come in life where I want to own my own home. And the first to fall victim is my precious vinyl collection. I have vinyls from a lot of Australian bands, plus some international bands too. Mainly from Powderfinger, Silverchair, Birds of Tokyo, The Living End, JET, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys etc and mostly unopened and all unplayed. My question is, does anyone here have any experience in selling vinyls? Where's the best place to sell and/or fairly price them?

I know in Perth there's a great facebook group for selling stuff to people who know their stuff. It's a bit more respectful. Never take it to a record store that sells secondhand vinyl, they'll * you.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone have any idea what brand this guitar might be? There is nothing written on it anywhere so I was just curious. Its an old one my mate gave to me. No idea where it came from? Could be custom made?
20181208_145425.jpg

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thought I would revive this thread I discovered instead of starting a new one. I have a trivia question which is interesting me at present. Which Australian songs do you know about which mention a famous person? There are obvious Aussie ones such as Errol, Bradman, Ita, and Up There Cazaly, which mention the name of the person in the title. Obviously Come on Aussie is one which mentions many famous cricketers. I have also thought of these:

Ego is Not a Dirty Word (Skyhooks): Leonard Cohen, Richard Nixon
Jukebox in Siberia (Skyhooks): Rasputin, Lenin, Marx, Trotsky, Kruschev, Breznev, Chuck Berry, The Beatles
Chocolate Cake (Crowded House): Andy Warhol, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tammy Baker, Elvis Presley, Pablo Picasso
Always the Busker (Jon English): Bruce Springsteen, Elton John
Younger Days (Jon English): The Beatles, Elvis Presley
Some People (Jon English): Marlon Brando, The Aga Khan
April Sun in Cuba (Dragon): Castro, JFK
Reckless (Australian Crawl): Robert Falcon Scott, Burke & Wills
Working Class Man (Jimmy Barnes): Elvis Presley
Nude School (Painters and Dockers): Madonna
Wanna Be Up (The Chantoozies): Mel Torme
It's Only the Beginning (Deborah Conway): Cary Grant
Try Biology (Billy Field): Sigmund Freud
Catch My Disease (Ben Lee): Good Charlotte, Sleepy Jackson, Beyonce
I Remember When I Was Young (Matt Taylor): The Beatles
Happy Birthday Helen (Things of Stone and Wood): Carole King
US Forces: (Midnight Oil): L. Ron Hubbard
Raining on the Rock (John Williamson): Albert Namatjira
Rock and Roll I Gave You the Best Years of my Life (Kevin Johnson): The Beatles, Chuck Berry
I am Australian: Albert Namatjira, Ned Kelly

IAMDASH

All Australian
Mar 7, 2001
Melbourne
Thought I would revive this thread I discovered instead of starting a new one. I have a trivia question which is interesting me at present. Which Australian songs do you know about which mention a famous person? There are obvious Aussie ones such as Errol, Bradman, Ita, and Up There Cazaly, which mention the name of the person in the title. Obviously Come on Aussie is one which mentions many famous cricketers. I have also thought of these:

Ego is Not a Dirty Word (Skyhooks): Leonard Cohen, Richard Nixon
Jukebox in Siberia (Skyhooks): Rasputin, Lenin, Marx, Trotsky, Kruschev, Breznev, Chuck Berry, The Beatles
Chocolate Cake (Crowded House): Andy Warhol, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tammy Baker, Elvis Presley, Pablo Picasso
Always the Busker (Jon English): Bruce Springsteen, Elton John
Younger Days (Jon English): The Beatles, Elvis Presley
Some People (Jon English): Marlon Brando, The Aga Khan
April Sun in Cuba (Dragon): Castro, JFK
Reckless (Australian Crawl): Robert Falcon Scott, Burke & Wills
Working Class Man (Jimmy Barnes): Elvis Presley
Nude School (Painters and Dockers): Madonna
Wanna Be Up (The Chantoozies): Mel Torme
It's Only the Beginning (Deborah Conway): Cary Grant
Try Biology (Billy Field): Sigmund Freud
Catch My Disease (Ben Lee): Good Charlotte, Sleepy Jackson, Beyonce
I Remember When I Was Young (Matt Taylor): The Beatles
Happy Birthday Helen (Things of Stone and Wood): Carole King
US Forces: (Midnight Oil): L. Ron Hubbard
Raining on the Rock (John Williamson): Albert Namatjira
Rock and Roll I Gave You the Best Years of my Life (Kevin Johnson): The Beatles, Chuck Berry
I am Australian: Albert Namatjira, Ned Kelly

Back