• End of 2017

• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ever live in Tassie? People are happy to drive 2 hours for 4 games a year but every second week would be way to much to ask. Crowds would decline pretty rapidly once the novelty wears off
Yeah fair call about the travel - I wasn't factoring that in. Thought you were referring to some sort of Launceston v Hobart rivalry

We're probably trying to get him here as a player so we don't have to play more of those pesky under 25 year olds

Think of all the champions we could recruit on 1 year deals with a promise of a coaching gig after.

There is a whole team of retirees, I bet Simpson is lying awake each night wondering if the likes of Hodge, Murphy, Stevie j, Gibson etc etc could be playing for us next year.

Heck maybe he could offer priddis a 1 year deal. All these guys have e runs on the board don't they?

Also lose 1 or 2 teams from Melbourne.
Each squad is 40 plus players(?), taking 4 teams out, there's a 160 players.
The best of those players go into the remaining teams, with the rest going back to local league wa/sa/vfl football.
It's a win win. The quality of the afl games goes up with the concentration of better players. And the local games become better quality
To have a healthy afl future they need to have a strong and healthy grass roots local community footy.

The afl seems to think the more games the better..
But imo the game has lost some of the spectacle it used to have
There will be growth of new talent in the NSW market soon that will fill this void.

The kids in Sydney are playing AFL. The experiment is working.

There will be growth of new talent in the NSW market soon that will fill this void.

The kids in Sydney are playing AFL. The experiment is working.
The GWS experiment was a sound idea but GC was never going to work. Brisbane was struggling enough as it was

The GWS experiment was a sound idea but GC was never going to work. Brisbane was struggling enough as it was
Appointing EVERY post at GCS with junior people in those fields was a manufacturered disaster of biblical proportions, as a result, they will fail and I believe the AFL will wrap it up in a couple of years.

Every code that has tried Gold Coast has seen failure.

It's just a nothing city. Does anyone even grow up there or is it all just investment properties and tourists?

The team will forever be constituted of players from other states, far more so than the Sydney teams.

I can't see how they thought it would be a good idea if a more established city like Brisbane can't even sustain a team.

Maybe they are just trying to build up a membership base there and will then merge Brisbane with Gold Coast in a few years.

Queensland Lions

Brad Scott will be the key to what happens with the Head Coach position at West Coast.

If North offload Scott and / or he decides to go to GC or Collingwood, things will start to happen very quickly at the Eagles.

The announcement from Adam will be along the lines of 'While I have enjoyed and learnt from my time at West Coast, the chance to coach at my old club...and for my family to return home to Melbourne, is an opportunity that I just have to take'.

Brad Scott will be the key to what happens with the Head Coach position at West Coast.

If North offload Scott and / or he decides to go to GC or Collingwood, things will start to happen very quickly at the Eagles.

The announcement from Adam will be along the lines of 'While I have enjoyed and learnt from my time at West Coast, the chance to coach at my old club...and for my family to return home to Melbourne, is an opportunity that I just have to take'.
Won't happen, but if it does, we will be norf mk II

That thought makes me wretch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also lose 1 or 2 teams from Melbourne.

I used to think that, but man, have you ever seen the Fitzroy exhibit at the MCG museum? Its genuinely heartbreaking to watch the footage of their elderly fans trudging out of the ground after their last game, looking like someone just run over their dog. It ain't right. Piss Gold Coast off though, no one cares.

Simpson coached well tonight. Got beaten by the better team but they tried hard. Players like Cripps and Hill fumbling isn't a Simpson issue. Yeo was awesome.

You don't think a team that continually caves in to mental pressure and fumbles and has skill errors has anything to do with the coach or coaching group?

Brad Scott would actually be a decent fit for West Coast.

He's typically pretty good at getting the best out of his teams and seems to inspire a lot of confidence.

We could do worse than giving him a 2-3 year tenure as coach.

not serious

No, are you stupid enough to think that Cripps fumbling is because Adam Simpson is coach?

No I'm stupid enough to think that Cripps and others continually fumbling it and our general poor skills is Adam Simpsons responsibility.

So far he hasn't done anything about it and continues to tolerate it and pick the same players that keep doing it.

Are you stupid enough to think it isn't his responsibility?

Brad Scott would actually be a decent fit for West Coast.

He's typically pretty good at getting the best out of his teams and seems to inspire a lot of confidence.

We could do worse than giving him a 2-3 year tenure as coach.

not serious

Had to quote to get the invisible text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back