Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists... Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be very surprising to see him slip past 18.
Would be a great get, but seems to be pretty well entrenched in the top dozen or so.

Draper wont go top 10 but id be staggered if port gws bris rich melb etc dont take him in the teens but this will be an unpredictable draft order due to covid so some could slide and some bolt. Id be very keen on him if he gets to 22 along with knevitt..i honestly think both will go in the 5 or 6 picks before 22 which annoys me but we will still get good players with all our R2s..this draft does have some depth.

I saw we were able to select Arlo Draper at our first pick on the mock BF draft. Would he be a realistic chance of being there on draft night?

I can answer this one pretty simply - not a chance in hell.

Port are most likely to Pick him with their Pick 12 (14 on draft night), and if he somehow slips past them, he won't make it past Brisbane's two picks in the teens.

Was awesome to see it in the mock draft, but no way it happens during the real thing. Butler, Knevitt, Wilmot, Roberts, Taylor, Alleer, Brown, are probably the more realistic ones to hope for as sliders, IMO.

Shifter Sheahan listed his medium defenders today. The Tassie kid, Sam Banks, sounds good, as do Beecken, Wilmot and 2 or 3 others.

Given our draft position we'll be selecting some unfamiliar names unless we trade up. The focus on the same 20-25 players pre-draft is in some ways a distraction.

Mathew Roberts, mentioned above, is apparently slow, albeit he's had an injury, but a great kick.

We must focus on quick, competitive lads who are good ball-users. Josh Fahey is an example but I suspect he'll go too early. I'm in 2 minds about Knevitt because of the query on his kicking and we've had bad luck with Falcons in recent years.

Fahey is gws academy so while we will probably bid like we did on gulden they will match.
Roberts i would be very happy with unlike some..knevitt would be my top choice at 22 due to ceiling being the highest..his kicking is way less an issue than people make it out to be..hes smart on field and athletically hes a beast. but roberts is very underrated i dont have him sliding like some.

Banks i would love and tassie guys tend to slide.
I dont think we will be that left field this year unless we decide to hit up a mature kpd like aleer/dean/skinner etc. Our mid selections we should have access to at least one or two of knevitt/roberts/taylor/butler/wilmot/chesser/hough/long/warner/sheldrick/murley and thats the type of group i reckon we will pick from. We might take an outside runner as theres some good ones in the pool but i doubt we go tall given the lack of depth in talls.

I can answer this one pretty simply - not a chance in hell.

Port are most likely to Pick him with their Pick 12 (14 on draft night), and if he somehow slips past them, he won't make it past Brisbane's two picks in the teens.

Was awesome to see it in the mock draft, but no way it happens during the real thing. Butler, Knevitt, Wilmot, Roberts, Taylor, Alleer, Brown, are probably the more realistic ones to hope for as sliders, IMO.

I reckon port will take nwm over draper unless freo take nwm first but i agree draper to brisbane or gws looks a really good fit to me.

I reckon port will take nwm over draper unless freo take nwm first but i agree draper to brisbane or gws looks a really good fit to me.

I reckon Essendon take NWM honestly. Got the Wanganeen in his name, and suits their list build/game style. Freo are crying out for another key forward, so they'd be crazy not to take Amiss.

For mine, I see it as:

Hawks 5 (7) Hobbs/Ward
Freo 6 (8) Erasmus
Tigers 7 (9) Ward/Hobbs
Freo 8 (10) Amiss
Saints 9 (11) Johnson/Sinn/NWM (really can't figure out who the Saints will take)
Eagles 10 (12) Johnson/Goater
Bombers 11 (13) NWM
Port 12 (14) Draper

I asked Knightmare re Draper and this is what he said.

QUOTE="Knightmare, post: 72702989, member: 105307"]
Against the odds to make it out of the first round I would have thought (albeit he's second half of first round), but there is an evenness which makes it possible as per in the BF phantom. In my two round phantom draft which should drop on ESPN tomorrow, he'll be part of the first round.

What's impressive with this year's draft, and I've said it a few times now, but the second round in this draft is strong. 2009 strong. I'd love to have a position such as Geelong's where with each of those picks, they have a serious opportunity to pick up a lot of talent.
[/QUOTE]

Yep... that's exactly what i was thinking.
Wouldn't surprise me if Wells called out...
Cooper Beecken, Kai Lohmann, Bailey Rogers, Cooper Murley and Ronnie Frejo Jnr.
and we'll all sit back and say... Fook!! Didnt see any of that coming... LOL

A friend of mine really likes Ronnie Frejo Jnr...can anyone fill me in a little more??? Is he likely of interest for us?

A friend of mine really likes Ronnie Frejo Jnr...can anyone fill me in a little more??? Is he likely of interest for us?
Another that ticks the cool name box!

would love to get Ronnie
the exact type we need a real footballer
good skills hand and foot
Quick

but most of all is really good in Traffic.
moves a bit like Jack Martin with a little bit of Rioli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds more like a golfer to me....then again.....

As for Arlo Draper...saw him at Alice's Restaurant a while back...parents probably hippies...sign him up...

Jeez he's got a good duck step. He is exactly the type I could imagine Wells calling out as our last pick, and going on to play 150+ games. Lot to work with there from that highlights package alone

Fejo is good..super evasive and classy..needs to up his involvement in games and get more consistent..more a late/rookie chance. We are stocked ok for small front half types but he does offer a point of difference with his crumbing ability so might be someone we look at.

Fejo is good..super evasive and classy..needs to up his involvement in games and get more consistent..more a late/rookie chance. We are stocked ok for small front half types but he does offer a point of difference with his crumbing ability so might be someone we look at.

Really like the vision, aside from the line breaking the low trajectory passing was impressive.

Moving Blitz out of the backline would make SDK the only KPD on the list currently. I know Henry has improved out of sight and filled the role sometimes last season but he isn't big enough to do it against the actual tall forwards - as the matchup with Max King showed last year.

I have high hopes for SDK like everyone else on the board, but I think we need to temper immediate expectations. He shouldn't be expected to be the number one KPD next year - or even expected to play every game - considering he's played one game as a secondary ruck at AFL level.

Remember the 2009 Grand final? Harry Taylor in his second year was sent to Reiwoldt. Scarlett was still our best key defender but that matchup didn't suit him so we backed in a talented young player with plenty of help from our other mature defenders.

It's no different here. If SDK is good enough he'll do fine and learn on the job. This isn't the days of putting a guy on a key forward with no support. Henry is still our number 1 tall defender and Stewart is clearly our best player back there. The King twins are far less intimidating a prospect than Reiwoldt at his peak and they're exactly the types that SDK should match up well on.

Remember the 2009 Grand final? Harry Taylor in his second year was sent to Reiwoldt. Scarlett was still our best key defender but that matchup didn't suit him so we backed in a talented young player with plenty of help from our other mature defenders.

It's no different here. If SDK is good enough he'll do fine and learn on the job. This isn't the days of putting a guy on a key forward with no support. Henry is still our number 1 tall defender and Stewart is clearly our best player back there. The King twins are far less intimidating a prospect than Reiwoldt at his peak and they're exactly the types that SDK should match up well on.

Harry taylor was drafted at 21 though and in his second year was a lot more physically and mentally mature than sdk will probably be in 2022 though. But broadly i think your point has some merit albeit that blitz will spend a lot of the year in the backline alongside sdk.

I don’t understand the Blitz on the wing camp. I admire blitz but not sure he would get a game in many premiership sides as a pure wingman. He was well beaten as fullback in the prelim but the poor bloke hadn’t played much footy there. If we just ******* settle him there he will be fine! Harry T can mentor him - he has everything you need to be a dour reliable fullback- he is a great story but he just isn’t elite enough skill set and footy IQ to play wing- albeit he had a niche third man up in ruck loophole that’s been closed.

I’d love to stop seeing blitz as this creative secret weapon to deploy in big finals and have an edge and just let him play basic committed football that he is capable of.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't get a game as a wingman? He made the AA squad last year as a wing/2nd ruck which is exactly the role I want him to return to.

I agree Blicavs isn't a player with attaching l attacking edge and he should be given a consistent role. He's played some good footy down back but he's played far more good footy in the ruck and around the centre of the ground. And we REALLY struggle on the defensive side of midfield which is his biggest strength. As we saw when he was played back this year it's almost impossible for any defender to look good if your opponents are moving the ball forward at pace and that happens a lot when he's not around the midfield.

Henry aint a tall stopping defender. He has been murdered by the taller fowards. Henry better stopping the smaller marking fowards or being third man across the pack.

Fair enough, stats look much better.

But I’d love to see some vision of knevitt. It’s how they use the footy and athletic traits on field. Not disagreeing with you, he might be completely different to Constable.. but until I see his style I don’t know for sure. Maybe after Jansen, Constable I’m unfair on this kid.

To me, Impact per possession is the most important thing to look for when assessing draft prospects. Class, a spark. Fitness can be trained, class can’t.

Hopefully the afl website releases more vision

This seems an extraordinary take after looking at CC's stats and his performance. He was classy and brilliant inside the contest as well as a really good kick. What was wrong then???? Um we couldn't train him to run well enough for the modern game. Blanket statements about what football without nuance always seem stupid to me.

Lewis Rayson?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/685342/...-top-nab-afl-draft-prospects-medium-defenders

Glenelg, SANFL / Ex. Sacred Heart College
State: South Australia
Height: 183cm
Weight: 69kg
Date of Birth: 14/01/03

Dashing defender who is capable of setting up the play with his penetrating left foot. A one-touch player below the knees, he reads the play exceptionally well, running hard to outnumber the opposition and rebound for this team using his blistering speed. South Australia’s leading possession winner with 25 disposals against Western Australia in the NAB AFL Under-19’s Championships match in August, he played predominantly at under-18s level in the SANFL, averaging 26.7 disposals in 14 matches this year for Glenelg, including 27 in the losing Grand Final side. A back injury kept him out of NAB AFL Draft Combine testing.

Rayson is a classic Sacred Heart name. I think there’s a Whitelum in this draft too, who’d have to be from Sacred Heart I’d imagine.

Not sure anyone in SA has watched him more over the last couple of years outside his dad Brenton and his coach than I have hahaha. Absolute ripping kid who before his injury was looking like top ten. If he slips to us please please take him. The only issue is that even in the middle of the year when he was flying I know the cats were unsure on him and if he would be mid at the next level. If that is still the case I very much doubt we take him at 22 but it will be a mistake if we don't. Can seriously play and as a bottom ager when still playing 18s last year he was putting up 34 and 4goal games on multiple occassions. I would be very surprised if he doesn't play 200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back