Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why?

We would have essentially traded #18, F1 and F1 for Bowes, Henry, Bruhn and #7 - which is exactly what we all expect will happen.

Because we could do better for our future 1st.

I think we will hold our F1
Esava is probably a big part of getting a f2 if he goes.

I would have thought the only way we got an F2 for sav was if 38 went with him.

I will say though, once all is said and done, that if this ends up being our trade period:

OUT:

Pick 18
Pick 38
Pick 48 (useless)
Pick 55 (useless)
Pick 74 (useless)
Future 1st (Pick 12-18ish
Future 2nd (30-36ish)
Future 4th (66-72ish useless)
Sav

IN:

Pick 7 (possibly Jhye Clark)
Jack Bowes (Former Pick 10, six years ago)
Tanner Bruhn (Former Pick 12, two years ago)
Ollie Henry (Former Pick 17, two years ago)

Then that's essentially:

Pick 18 and Future 1st (12-18ish) for Pick 7 (fair)
Pick 38 for Bruhn (highway robbery)
Pick 55 and Future 2nd (30-36 ish) for Bowes (highway robbery)
Sav and Pick 48 for Ollie Henry (highway robbery)

(Future 4th and Pick 74 not included as nothing past 60 gets used anymore)

Don't think anyone is gonna complain about any of that if that's the final ledger when all is said and done, lmao

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suggestion from Pies board - I don't mind it?

Melb F2 ontraded for Bowes.
Of course someone on the Collingwood board suggested that - they're making out like bandits

The Grundy trade is being talked about as pick 27 getting it done, so no doubt they'd love a first & 25 as picks instead of 25 & 27

I'm confused as to the logic of that pick swap. Seems to be bad in two ways, as it's both lopsided against us from a points perspective as a price for pick 25 and it seemingly makes it harder to get both Bowes and Henry in without splitting pick 7. What's the benefit to us? :huh:

I will say though, once all is said and done, that if this ends up being our trade period:

OUT:

Pick 18
Pick 38
Pick 48 (useless)
Pick 55 (useless)
Pick 74 (useless)
Future 2nd (30-36ish)
Future 4th (66-72ish useless)
Sav

IN:

Pick 7 (possibly Jhye Clark)
Jack Bowes (Former Pick 10, six years ago)
Tanner Bruhn (Former Pick 12, two years ago)
Ollie Henry (Former Pick 17, two years ago)

Then that's essentially:

Pick 18 for Pick 7
Pick 38 for Bruhn
Pick 55 and Future 2nd (30-36 ish) for Bowes
Sav and Pick 48 for Ollie Henry

(Future 4th and Pick 74 not included as nothing past 60 gets used anymore)

Don't think anyone is gonna complain about any of that if that's the final ledger when all is said and done, lmao

Might cost future 1st though too. But your point is well made.

I'm confused as to the logic of that pick swap. Seems to be bad in two ways, as it's both lopsided against us from a points perspective as a price for pick 25 and it seemingly makes it harder to get both Bowes and Henry in without splitting pick 7. What's the benefit to us? :huh:
Got to have patience. The end result of all these pick swaps sometimes don't become clear until its all done

I assume something to do with whatever the afl have asked us to do to tick off the bowes deal. Its interesting. Remember they decide whats allowed re bowes trade.

iceberg-hidden-danger-global-warming-260nw-654920956.jpg

Its fine so long as we make top 8 next year..if our future 2nd worked out to be inside 25 then it would be overs. If its 2 mid 30s picks and late change as you say thats similar to what we did last year.

I need to see all the deals in finality .... there has to be something else here or how do we get the Bowes deal done.

Yep. Dee's will be at the pointy end and GC down the bottom. The difference between our FR1 and GC FR2 will be very, very minimal.

Might be something like Cats FR1: 15 - 18

GC FR2: 19 - 25

Like when we did the tuohy trade really yes it would be good if it pans out that way.

I’m ok with splitting 7 as long as it’s on draft night.
Wells is a master at this stuff.
If whoever we really wanted is gone, make sure a split is already organised.

And then we use something like 12 and 16 (making it up) rather than 7 and 58
I am ok with it if we get to pick 7 and the players we are targeting are gone, and our backups fall in the 10-25 pick range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back