Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How are we placed with existing R1,R2 picks for this year’s ND ? (Ie. Have we traded out or in any).
2 additional rd3 picks and the rest per normal draft. I think we ended up with someone else's rd4 rather than our own. I was to say Collingwood? Brisbane?

The evidence of his current efforts on the field suggest that three to four years might be generous. Doesn't appear to be coming on at all as a cricketer at this point.

He will still kick on at vic for a while because their shield side is so poor in terms of quality and rebuilding so it will get him games. But i dont see his career getting above FC level-but i reckon he will hang around there a few years. I doubt he comes back to footy.

2 additional rd3 picks and the rest per normal draft. I think we ended up with someone else's rd4 rather than our own. I was to say Collingwood? Brisbane?

Weve got our normal R1 2 and 3 plus 2 extra R3s (one is carltons which we got from freo via the clark trade and the other came from collingwood in a pick swap.

We also have hawthorns R4 from the ceglar trade (not our R4 as we sent that back to freo with clark).

We are in a good position to trade for an early pick if a club needs points. For eg. I think Brisbane will have to deal with an early bid for Ashcroft

They are the main one as he goes top 5 and fletcher might go as a high pick to brisbane as well.
Essendon will have bids to match for the davey twins later on.
GC are always be a chance to have academy players it just depends if they go R1 or late in the draft/undrafted.

Hes probably hoping he can get gigs in overseas 20/20 leagues and make much bigger money than most afl players. I doubt he comes back unless its in 3 or 4 years once that attempt has failed.
I haven't followed cricket for a while now, but what sort of $$moolah do they get in those Indian Leagues? That's where the big bucks is yeah?

Last edited:
They are the main one as he goes top 5 and fletcher might go as a high pick to brisbane as well.
Essendon will have bids to match for the davey twins later on.
GC are always be a chance to have academy players it just depends if they go R1 or late in the draft/undrafted.

One would think with Lions projected finishing position, like the Dogs in 2021, they will want to trade it... probably more likely to be late r1 than top 10 but still valuable.. draft or trade

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The evidence of his current efforts on the field suggest that three to four years might be generous. Doesn't appear to be coming on at all as a cricketer at this point.
He's 22, got voted best young domestic player in Australia at the start of 2021 and was a Shield regular. I'd be wary of declaring a BBL form slump on the back of a COVID infection evidence that his cricket career was dead.

He's 22, got voted best young domestic player in Australia at the start of 2021 and was a Shield regular. I'd be wary of declaring a BBL form slump on the back of a COVID infection evidence that his cricket career was dead.
First-class bowling average is promising at this point. But his batting doesn't appear to be going anywhere in any format.

So I agree that he might last in the longer form of the game. But I don't see a big future for him in T20 cricket, which is supposedly where all the money is these days.

Will certainly be interesting to follow where his career goes, one way or the other.

Last edited:
Sutherland certainly doesn’t seem currently suited to t20 cricket. But the renegades are also really poorly managed. Under a ridiculous situation with one bird controlling two teams in the same competition.
His game may develop into being able to play better in the big bash but it won’t get to a point of earning the big money in international t20 tournaments.
It can be a lonely career as a domestic cricket player with no crowds at shield games and the bbl impacted by covid but also poorly managed.

It would certainly be worth speaking to him about playing footy. As there would be plenty that would appeal. He could easily find himself without a bbl team soon. But he’d have to be prepared to work hard to try and win an afl spot after a long time out of the game.

Sutherland certainly doesn’t seem currently suited to t20 cricket. But the renegades are also really poorly managed. Under a ridiculous situation with one bird controlling two teams in the same competition.
His game may develop into being able to play better in the big bash but it won’t get to a point of earning the big money in international t20 tournaments.
It can be a lonely career as a domestic cricket player with no crowds at shield games and the bbl impacted by covid but also poorly managed.

It would certainly be worth speaking to him about playing footy. As there would be plenty that would appeal. He could easily find himself without a bbl team soon. But he’d have to be prepared to work hard to try and win an afl spot after a long time out of the game.
It's certainly worth looking into, if it means his father would resign his position to avoid any appearance of a potential conflict of interest.

One would think with Lions projected finishing position, like the Dogs in 2021, they will want to trade it... probably more likely to be late r1 than top 10 but still valuable.. draft or trade

True that..you are probably talking more pick 15ish than a very high R1 pick but i imagine they trade it down for points like the dogs did with darcy.

I assume he's still bunkered down in fortress Sandgroper

He was reportedly in geelong at one point so unsure if WA let him back in or if hes still stranded here? If he cant get back in border wise to play for his wafl team he might need to look for a vfl. Either way hes a good chance of getting picked up in the mid season draft imo.

Seems someone has now missed his train on block with West Coast due to border quarantine.

Wonder if we'll give him at least a training block?

If he has a full Victorian contract and a modest BBL deal somewhere he would earn about $250k I reckon including match payments. As a cat B rookie I doubt we would be offering enough to switch. As long as he keeps a Victorian contract it would suit him to stick with cricket I think.

Seems someone has now missed his train on block with West Coast due to border quarantine.

Wonder if we'll give him at least a training block?

The Cats must not rate him, as we are lacking depth in tall defenders and Henry is injured. I find it surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back