Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powell-Pepper?

Hardly a big name.

There's others like Josh Carr, Paddy Ryder but I didn't mention them. I meant a genuine big name.

There would definately be discussions on this topic with Adelaide r.e McDonald.

im all on board with a mcdonald/phillips draft if that is indeed realistic. i suspect twomey is off and phillips is going high, but the club would (should) have a good idea.

Hardly a big name.

There's others like Josh Carr, Paddy Ryder but I didn't mention them. I meant a genuine big name.

McDonalds family is originally from Port Augusta, he’ll be going to Adelaide.

I think you are right. Barracks for crows as well. Not that that matters, but he wouldn’t be a flight risk that possibly Logan mac could be.

It’s actually Hollands that supports Adelaide bizarrely.

Can’t see Phillips still being there at our Melbourne pick. Reckon (hope) that will be pick 9 to start with, but will be pick 12 at least after FA compo and bids (Z Williams compo and JUH & Campbell bids).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would pretty much be a dream result. Either of those outcomes.

Like you, I think Phillips might be available at the Melbourne pick reading between the lines at the moment, which would be fairly incredible.
I doubt he will get past the Suns pick. He already has chemistry playing with their entire younger midfield.

Hardly a big name.

12 letters and a hyphen is a pretty big name. You might have to find players of Greek heritage or other hyphenated names to get bigger.

Yeah the tea leaves on big footy aren’t the safest guide

They aren’t the tea leaves I’m reading.

Between Brisbane’s recruitment manager interview, the journo’s etc most haven’t mentioned him in the top 5 consistently when talking about it.

I know what I reckon we need, but I don't really have a ****ing clue what anyone will do.

I expect the Crows to go with 2 x KPP's & Hawthorn to take one also.

1 - Adelaide: KPP
2 - North: ??? (Hopefully a mid)
3 - Hawthorn: KPP
4 - Sydney: ??? (Hopefully reamed)
5 - Gold Coast: ??? (Could be open to trading)
6 - Scum: ??? (Should take a KPP, but cultural delusion will likely see them take a mid)
7 - Carlton: ??? (I reckon they will be open to trading)
8 - Adelaide: KPP
9 - North: ???
10 - Whoever.

I reckon the scum & Gold Coast will both look hard at Phillips if he's there, and if Pykie's "tea leaves" ring true, then I would be surprised if he lasted to pick 9.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back