Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go - 17 disposals, 8 marks and 9 spoils playing directly on the best KPF prospect in about the last 5 drafts.

There's about 8 one-on-one contests with Walter in this mashup.

He's the real deal. Going to be very disappointed if he's not a shinboner next year.

Even if we don't get Reid, I would love for another club to sell the farm to get him. I just want to see the melts from WCE fans when their lord and saviour is traded to a different club.
.. but then we have the farm so we don't care?

It'll be if we trade him away for peanuts that the fold the club talk will be back

.. but then we have the farm so we don't care?

It'll be if we trade him away for peanuts that the fold the club talk will be back
Even if WC get the farm for Reid, fans will still initially be ropeable. And I almost guarantee if WC do sell the pick, it will be less than what WC fans want. Pick 2, pick 14, pick 19 would be the biggest trade ever for 1 player, and WC fans are spitting on that trade as if it's pick 50 being offered.

Why, because you believe the Reid hype train or because he specificially fits a need that you currently lack?
As I said in this thread some pages ago, my outside belief is that North are better off not paying the inflated price and just loading up - McKercher should be a very very good player in his own right. If I knew with confidence (less and less confidence as days go on) that he'd be our pick 2 as opposed to Curtin then I'd be less opposed to trading 1 from our side.

This could be my own naivity here, but do North even need any more young mids? Isn't it young talls that you lack? Go for the Curtin / O'Sulliivan '/ ZZ trifecta and stockpile approach - you could even downtrade the pick 3 it seems you'll get for two mid picks?
Not a usual approach I know but you've got the draft capital quite nicely to load up this draft.

Curious as to your take on the above. Cheers
Personally agree with you. Id take McKercher (gut running with speed is a need) and Curtin with 2/3....keep pick 14 and 19, take Mitch Edwards and another best available key defender. Later picks and next years end of first year use for trades....couldn't see stephens and fisher costing too much in draft capital, and dunno what Darcy would cost, but if we could land those 3 mature players and those draftees, I'd be more than satsified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if WC get the farm for Reid, fans will still initially be ropeable. And I almost guarantee if WC do sell the pick, it will be less than what WC fans want. Pick 2, pick 14, pick 19 would be the biggest trade ever for 1 player, and WC fans are spitting on that trade as if it's pick 50 being offered.
I'm not spitting on that trade. I see the logic. It is more than fair.

Personally agree with you. Id take McKercher (gut running with speed is a need) and Curtin with 2/3....keep pick 14 and 19, take Mitch Edwards and another best available key defender. Later picks and next years end of first year use for trades....couldn't see stephens and fisher costing too much in draft capital, and dunno what Darcy would cost, but if we could land those 3 mature players and those draftees, I'd be more than satsified.
Some talk from one of our board insiders that Mitch Edwards has a massive off field questions hanging over his head.

That aside, I reckon that's a good call.

I'm not spitting on that trade. I see the logic. It is more than fair.
pop culture want GIF

bzparkes

I'm not an underage watcher so this is third hand information but to answer your bottom, no, he seems not to be terrific in the contested aspect. Rebounding loose gets, yes, but in the traditional man and man contest - not currently his strength.
Thats probably the easiest part to add to his game. Add skills and play making to a defender on the other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back