Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as a I like Reid if Hawthorn flattered WC enough to get pick #1, it could save us from ourselves.

Go to draft with all our God given picks, not the worst outcome.
Yeah, I get the whole Watson and Reid thing and totally superstarmaxxing our squad but I'd really like to see us take best available and hit up our picks in the teens with some high quality role players that we're so sorely missing.

With the Oliver talk, I got a feeling melb might be trying to make a play for pick 2 and one of our PP picks to on trade with some of their picks for Reid…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With the Oliver talk, I got a feeling melb might be trying to make a play for pick 2 and one of our PP picks to on trade with some of their picks for Reid…

That's exactly what they are trying to do. We still hold a super strong hand here. I wouldn't be giving 2 to Dees for Oliver, let alone the PP pick.
Stick fat for the Reid-McKercher double IMO

That's exactly what they are trying to do. We still hold a super strong hand here. I wouldn't be giving 2 to Dee for Oliver, let alone the PP pick.
Stick fat for the Reid-McKercher double IMO

Totally agreed…Awesome player but something doesn’t smell right and not really right for where we are at…we need to keep 2 & 3 ( if we get it) and only trade for 1 if it is not overs…

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson looked very impressive in that clip. Has aerial ability to mark and defend, then scraps like a mofo when it hits the ground. Why is that so many big guys lack any urgency? Not this guy. No way he lasts beyond second round.

Just found out the Dawson kid is a December birthday so very young I’d be drafting for sure I think he has some nice tools and we need Key backs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.c

Great for free agency. 😉

Also mentioned Sam Clohesy getting heaps of interest who I’m more interested in

20 year old KPP who won the fothergil medal

He is a relatively skinny distributing half back and more often than not he gets the small forwards. Werribee have Nathan Cooper and Nick Coughlan as their KP’s and they have Pinnuck and Clark who often play on talls.

He is a relatively skinny distributing half back and more often than not he gets the small forwards. Werribee have Nathan Cooper and Nick Coughlan as their KP’s and they have Pinnuck and Clark who often play on talls.

What’s you view on Kye Declase..? Have you seen much of him..?

More like WC trying to get him on the cheap…

Yep probably ensures he slips a few rungs.
If we trades 2 and 5 to WC for 1and 20
14 and 20(via WC) to GC for 5
Then they're likely to nab McKercher and Curtin.
Huge outcome for them we'd still be looking good with Reid, pick3, 19
Leaves us future picks to make a play at GWS's pick for O'Sullivan.
Reid, Watson/ Sanders, O'Sullivan would be a great haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back