Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need to do whatever we can to pick up Will Phillips with our first pick and pray the acl leads Hollands to fall to the next one. Class, grunt and smarts in the midfield for years to come but close to an impossibility for this to unfold.

Problem is our key defense is looking extremely thin and I can see us selecting DG-B in the first round over a midfielder.

We need to do whatever we can to pick up Will Phillips with our first pick and pray the acl leads Hollands to fall to the next one. Class, grunt and smarts in the midfield for years to come but close to an impossibility for this to unfold.

Problem is our key defense is looking extremely thin and I can see us selecting DG-B in the first round over a midfielder.
Couldn’t agree more re midfielders.....need ones who run both ways, hard.
Our defence looks ok when our mids compete. If we use our first pick on KPD the club is delusional.

Last edited:
Is it really? We have both Durdin and McKay in the wings and from all reports looking decent enough this year.
I don't think Sam looks any better than a warm body as depth.

McKay still intrigues me a little. I just can't get his 2018 VFL season out of my head. He was dominant. He's contracted for another year. Probably kidding myself.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Best midfielder with Norths 1st pick and a tall next. Garner & Wood just are Just not there. So going with Tassie boy Callow for 3rd tall type. Also need 3rd tall type in defence if EVW doesn’t get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough of the KPD talk FFS.

Our biggest issue for the last 20 years has been skilled mids. It must be the focus. As we are seeing with Tarrant, no point having a gun KPD when your midfield gets put to the sword every week.

Skilled midfielder.
yep no use having decent KPP if we keep getting pineappled in the middle. Jy and LDU are going to need some help in the years to come - lots of help..

Hayden Young (Freo) in his 3rd game is already a better user off HB then our entire back 6. They also got Serong and Henry in that draft.

We are so far behind the rest of the competition with our recruiting & development.

Enough of the KPD talk FFS.

Our biggest issue for the last 20 years has been skilled mids. It must be the focus. As we are seeing with Tarrant, no point having a gun KPD when your midfield gets put to the sword every week.

Skilled midfielder.

Right on - need some real class with consistency.
We should try and get another first rounder as well.

I'm not holding much hope in either of these guys

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Not suggesting they are world beaters but we have depth at the position.

Could each of them fill a role going forward if needed? Might not be pretty but the answer is yes I suspect.

Even Tarrant was nicknamed Concrete Hands by many fans in the early days.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

eDPS rolling mock draft. We currently have picks 2 and 6.

rmd-round-5-png.906813

Nathan O'Driscoll

Video: https://watch.thewest.com.au/show/pub-104794

PLAYER PAGE:

Nathan O’Driscoll

Height:
187.0cm
Weight: 76.1kg
Position: Half-back/midfield

2019 WAFL COLTS STATS: 7 games | 25.1 disposals | 4 marks | 7.6 tackles | 0 goals
2019 UNDER 18 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS STATS: 3 games | 16 disposals | 1.7 marks | 6.7 tackles | 3 clearances | 2.6 inside 50s

Strengths: Contested ball, kick penetration, tackling, endurance, burst

PRESEASON TESTING HIGHLIGHTS:

Standing Vertical Jump:
67cm
Running Vertical Jump (R/L):
86cm/80cm
Speed (20m): 2.99 seconds
Agility: 8.46 seconds
Endurance (Yo-yo):

Every chance we are going to take a tall early, especially with our KPD stock issues. (DGB being on our radar)

I don't understand it. A lot harder to find diamond midfielders later in the draft then it is to find KPDs.

We could potentially set our midfield up for a decade by adding two of Hollands/Bruhn/Phillips with Jy, LDU & TT.

A good young KPD isn't going to win us games of footy if we keep getting belted in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back