Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

His so called relative can say what he wants, but there's no way in hell that the Bulldogs aren't matching any bid for him. Ess and Geelong can't trade for him and he'll have already received bids by the time their chance comes around.
Did we not have a Ugle in our vfl side last year?

Thoughts on Eddie Ford?

I like the look of him. Wonder if he would be there late first, early second.

Eddie Ford
Western Jets/Vic Metro
DOB:
June 21, 2002
Height: 188cm
Weight: 79kg
Position: General forward/midfielder

Western’s Ford is a forward/midfielder with plenty of x-factor, able to break games open with his scoreboard impact and knack for taking big marks.

Ford:
16 games
14.1 disposals
3.7 marks
1.4 tackles
1.5 clearances
1.9 inside 50s
0.4 goals (7)

Thoughts on Eddie Ford?

I like the look of him. Wonder if he would be there late first, early second.

10-20 imo.

There's quite a few of similar type (damaging half forward types)

Elijah Hollands technically sits in that group as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10-20 imo.

There's quite a few of similar type (damaging half forward types)

Elijah Hollands technically sits in that group as well.
Midfield potential?

Eddie Ford
Western Jets/Vic Metro
DOB:
June 21, 2002
Height: 188cm
Weight: 79kg
Position: General forward/midfielder

Western’s Ford is a forward/midfielder with plenty of x-factor, able to break games open with his scoreboard impact and knack for taking big marks.

Ford:
16 games
14.1 disposals
3.7 marks
1.4 tackles
1.5 clearances
1.9 inside 50s
0.4 goals (7)
Thanks GR.

The footage that I have seen of him shows competitiveness, strength and skill. Question is how this, at half forward, translates to midfield minutes. I will be interested to see his testing numbers.

Midfield potential?

Yeah well, that's the million dollar question with these types.

Is he Taylor Garner, Ed Richards, Gary Rohan, Ben Lennon or is he Jy Simpkin or Robbie Gray.

You are playing with fire drafting mercurial half forwards and then expecting to turn them into AFL midfielders imo.

Even to an extent the likes of Rayner and Petracca.

The same question marks can be levelled at Hollands I guess, but I think most people recognise he has ALOT of tricks to succeed in a few positions.

Thanks GR.

The footage that I have seen of him shows competitiveness, strength and skill. Question is how this, at half forward, translates to midfield minutes. I will be interested to see his testing numbers.

Phillyroo will tell you how good he is.

Fair enough.

What does he think of Eddie Ford though?
Hahaha, very good.

On Ford, he is a bigger stronger version of Curtis, but I think will absolutely have the ability to transfer into a mid. He has the right amount of s**t in him, and his xfactor in the air could translate up the field.
This season getting disrupted could actually help his draft position though.
Someone whose opinion I really respect on the draft thinks that if he was at the Chargers rather than the Jets he would have been a top 3 pick for sure.

Hahaha, very good.

On Ford, he is a bigger stronger version of Curtis, but I think will absolutely have the ability to transfer into a mid. He has the right amount of sh*t in him, and his xfactor in the air could translate up the field.
This season getting disrupted could actually help his draft position though.
Someone whose opinion I really respect on the draft thinks that if he was at the Chargers rather than the Jets he would have been a top 3 pick for sure.
In the first qtr of that U17 games he certainly looked bloody good.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

In the first qtr of that U17 games he certainly looked bloody good.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Yeah, he is going to pretty special I reckon.
I would love to nab him with our 2nd first rounder depending on where it falls. He is a saints fan, but would look bloody good in our jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back