News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

... a $10 million deal with Collingwood president Eddie McGuire’s ... Jam TV – the television arm of McGuire Media...

Thanks for posting.

This guy wouldn’t recognise a conflict of interest if it but him on the arse.

McGuire is a repeat offender - remember when he and Vizard bought up the internet rights from a number of clubs and then went about flogging them back to the AFL?

He should make up his mind what role he wants to play.

Short-term outlook
Strength:
The Giants possess arguably the competition's best midfield - it is balanced with quality on the inside and outside. The combination of star power and the sheer depth of quality youth outside their best 22 is what makes the Giants' midfield so incredible.
Weakness: Where the Giants are weakest is up forward. Jeremy Cameron is a star and Jeremy Finlayson emerged in 2020 as a second high calibre key forward. Toby Greene is one of the best general forwards in the competition. While they're an excellent trio, the Giants would benefit from providing them with greater support.
Projection: The Giants should again contend. They have too much talent not to be a top-4 side and with a clean run with injury have the scope to win a premiership.
Long-term outlook
Core pieces:
Lachie Whitfield, Josh Kelly, Tim Taranto, Zac Williams, Sam Taylor, Jeremy Finlayson, Jacob Hopper, Tom Green and Lachlan Ash.
Strengths: GWS' long-term core of midfielders is arguably the strongest in the competition and extends well beyond their core pieces. Their key position stocks are similarly well placed.
Weaknesses: What the Giants lack is quality young small or medium forwards.

From espn.com in terms of evaluating the short and long term prospects of different clubs and some analysis is good I would disagree with the weakness up forward with HH, TOJ and Cameron combining for nearly 150 goals I don't see that as a weakness and the other error is lacking young small or medium forwards with Daniels and Hill both very exciting prospects

Hi all, apologies if this isn't the right forum to be posting this question, but what video content would you love to see the club put out? More post-game interviews with players/coaches? More get to know the players type videos? More funny/joke stuff/light-hearted stuff with the players? Any other ideas about what videos from the club you'd love to watch?

Or if there's a better place to pose this question, please point me in the right direction. Cheers.

Hi all, apologies if this isn't the right forum to be posting this question, but what video content would you love to see the club put out? More post-game interviews with players/coaches? More get to know the players type videos? More funny/joke stuff/light-hearted stuff with the players? Any other ideas about what videos from the club you'd love to watch?

Or if there's a better place to pose this question, please point me in the right direction. Cheers.

To be fair I think our social media team is one of the best of any club and any sporting code.

We get videos of all types of content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More post-game interviews with players/coaches? More get to know the players type videos? More funny/joke stuff/light-hearted stuff with the players? Any other ideas about what videos from the club you'd love to watch?

We get a lot of post game stuff (and pre-game analysis).

“There’s a Giant in...” and more recently “Monday’s” are both excellent player insight video series.

We are well served with player debut and milestone and other behind the scenes and access videos.

The funny/light hearted (often aimed a kids) stuff will be interesting this year given that half of “A Squared” is now playing at Melbourne. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the slot.

I kind of miss G1&G3 but that’s been gone a few years now and has never really been replaced - wouldn’t mind a re-boot there.

I’m going to really miss The Footy Phil podcast if they axe it now he’s not captain - he just has a really insightful Footy brain and the ability to communicate it. Not saying that a weekly sit down with Cogs wouldn’t be interesting (it absolutely would be) just sayin’... I really liked The Footy Phil.

Also Emma Quayle’s podcast series have been incredibly interesting and insightful. The Originals and The Leaders - compelling. Can’t wait to see what she tackles this year - helps to have an outstanding journalist on your scouting/recruiting team.

As General Giant said - we, as a club, are very well served by our social media team.

It’s just one more reason why I love this club - the access we get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOWSERS!

And the Giants captaincy? While Davis was disappointed to lose the key leadership role, no one at the club now disputes that Coniglio - who attended his first competition committee meeting this week and also launched a passionate public defence of his teammate Toby Greene - is ready to take on the captaincy he did not want to share last year.

Anyone who watched his facial expressions and physical demeanour as he remained - suited - on the MCG observing Richmond at close proximity until all the official duties were completed after the final siren last September was left in no doubt of just how seriously he takes his chosen career and club.

Listening to Coniglio this week reinforced just how seriously he is approaching the captaincy of the AFL's youngest club as it takes its 2020 position in the premiership window.

Ward also revealed just how close Coniglio came to leaving the Giants at the end of the 2020 season. “Cogs was honest with me the whole way,” Ward said.
“He didn’t know what he was doing. At one stage he was gone, the week later he was staying, he was so confused with it all. “He always wanted to stay, but there was always something in the back of his mind that was kind of pulling him away, but in the end, I think he’s definitely made the right decision.”

Not related but as there's quite a few GWS watchers here...

Due to the AFL delay, we are hosting a simulated version of the season, starting this weekend. Full details in the following link:

The first match for GWS is against Essendon, and the e-Match thread has been set up:

Would be great to get a good amount of banter, mocking our clean opponents. And if you want to get involved at any point, let myself or Callums_Guns know!

The youngsters in Tom Green, Lachie Ash & Jake Riccardi seem to be tackling their time away with a level head. Ands props to Tom Hutchesson's girlfriend who's a nurse - hopefully she stays safe and healthy in the current crisis.

Toby Greene (Selection No.11 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft)

Well, this was tough. The Giants have had a mass of first-round selections that have become stars, either with the club or elsewhere. It came down to four: Lachie Whitfield, Stephen Coniglio, Josh Kelly and Greene. All would be a fair choice. In the end Greene was chosen (just ahead of Whitfield) because of his game-changing ability, which ranks as high as nearly anyone in the competition. Greene joined the Giants as an accumulating midfielder but has become one of the AFL's best forwards, claiming Virgin Australia All-Australian honours in 2016. He is a match-winner and the Giants' pulse. - Callum Twomey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back